Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Finn video's really had the feel good factor going.
    So.....Emma's music has changed again...

A hybrid between her and Dana's music?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Like someone just rammed them both onto Traktor without beatmatching.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering that about Sasha as well. Then again, I suppose with Becky and Bayley injured, that really only leaves Sasha, Charlotte and Carmella. Just hope it doesn't affect Becky going after her.

Was thinking maybe Paige will help her then she help Paige on the main roster in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Blue Pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was gonna suggest her, but wouldn't want someone who overshadows Sasha. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

F*ck thats HUGE!! They are gonna sell it out. WWE selling out Barclays Center 2 days in a row will be massive for them. They should definitely make that a network exclusive show

LeeJM wrote: »
    F*ck thats HUGE!! They are gonna sell it out. WWE selling out Barclays Center 2 days in a row will be massive for them. They should definitely make that a network exclusive show

It is an NXT Takeover so it IS a Network exclusive show.

But yeah it is pretty crazy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    It is an NXT Takeover so it IS a Network exclusive show.

But yeah it is pretty crazy.

Are they not planning on having a special on August 12th tho?

Wednesday, August 12th - NXT live special
    * Thursday, August 13th - NXT TV tapings

Sh*t somehow I totally missed that Takeover logo! So assuming Finn wins tomorrow what do we think main events? Balor v Joe? Will Zayn or Itami be back by then? A possible glimpse at a WWE not NXT Finn "Demon" entrance. Im totally buzzed over this. Just so much to look forward to

• Advertisement

Sh*t somehow I totally missed that Takeover logo! So assuming Finn wins tomorrow what do we think main events? Balor v Joe? Will Zayn or Itami be back by then? A possible glimpse at a WWE not NXT Finn "Demon" entrance. Im totally buzzed over this. Just so much to look forward to

Itami is a maybe but no way on Zayn. Zayn will be out until 2016 or near enough.

Sasha Banks was pushing hard on social media and in interviews before the announcement about either Wrestling Bayley singles or doing a triple threat against Bayley and Becky at the next Takeover. Bayley is super over on outside of Florida live events this should be Bayley's time to win the title in my opinion.

Itami is a maybe but no way on Zayn. Zayn will be out until 2016 or near enough.

Sasha Banks was pushing hard on social media and in interviews before the announcement about either Wrestling Bayley singles or doing a triple threat against Bayley and Becky at the next Takeover. Bayley is super over on outside of Florida live events this should be Bayley's time to win the title in my opinion.

Really? Do you not think Becky is next in line after her "arrival" against Sasha last time out?

Really? Do you not think Becky is next in line after her "arrival" against Sasha last time out?

I did as per this week's TV show. But this announcement kind of changes everything for me. Obviously not life or death. Just Bayley's popularity when NXT tours is something else.

The show is running against two big indie shows in New York. Ring of Honour at a Baseball stadium with some New Japan wrestlers and a big budget indie called Pro Wrestling Syndicate who have booked Rey Mysterio.

Gonna be a major test for how big the NXT crowd really is. And could really hurt the PWS show. Definitely think we are gonna get a MEGA main event. Totally fantasy booking Id go for Balor v Joe v Itami for the title.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is Itami not out for much longer. His injury was meant to take him out of action for six to eight months.

Loughc wrote: »
    Is Itami not out for much longer. His injury was meant to take him out of action for six to eight months.

I believe he said four months to the NXT crowd at the last taping.

I believe he said four months to the NXT crowd at the last taping.

And they do tend to add time on to injuries for the surprise factor.

Rovert as you're a man in the know are they still planning on having these;

Wednesday, August 12th - NXT live special
    * Thursday, August 13th - NXT TV tapings

If they're also planning a live special on the 22nd of August?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Sasha hasn't held the title long enough for my liking so I don't want her to lose it just yet. Wouldn't mind either Bayley or Becky being the next in line for it but I have a funny feeling that they are going to push Eva Marie into the title picture. I can see s Sasha v Eva match in the next Takeover

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is the Rock busy that night?

Jericho will probably be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What movie was The Rock shooting in Boston that he turned up at the house show last weekend? It would be good to see him turn up at this as it would bring more eyes to NXT I guess.

• Advertisement

Doesnt Jay Z have an interest in the Barclays Center? Possible he could be in attendance on the night

WWE has increased ticket prices in some parts of Florida to $25, $50 and for ringside $100. You get meet and greet for the latter two pricing options:

https://twitter.com/ZaQ5322/status/617077554495782913

Used to be just $10 and $20.

NXT is the in thing in WWE right now. No real surprise they'd start looking at ways of making more money out of it.

Pentecost wrote: »
    NXT is the in thing in WWE right now. No real surprise they'd start looking at ways of making more money out of it.

But some of the cities they run in Florida are completely in the sticks and very economically depressed. Also NXT in Florida relies on a lot of regulars. I know a few people who go to 75% of the shows. It is a different business compared to WWE's which visits a city once or twice a year. Also NXT cards are largely novices and a decent proportion that haven't made TV. It is a test which will likely fail but I am really down on even attempting it.

Yeah fair points, I was probably being a bit glib. I can imagine if you were a regular attendee with your kids etc and they jack up the price like that it'd really hurt. They can always make money from the ever increasing out of state special events.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They could probably getting away with charging that price for events which are going to be broadcast. But surely they'll realise the error of their ways once they get a few small houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Getting rid of a few of the 'regular's isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Got to NXT late this week. Cool to see Nhooph make a cameo this week. She was girl who Eva Marie was Wrestling:
    CI3npgXWsAAoFOW.jpg

Carmella has improved a lot and seems more comforable. Bull Dempsey was fairly amusing but I don't know about his long term future doing it.

The NXT women get name dropped here:
    https://twitter.com/thenation/status/618092402071498753

• Advertisement

Who they are advertising for the Brooklyn show:
    CJQSb4XUwAAqiT4.jpg

Advertisement