Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hmm bit surprising that they're advertising Owens. Thought he'd be done with NXT but maybe that'll be his last hurrah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pentecost wrote: »
    Hmm bit surprising that they're advertising Owens. Thought he'd be done with NXT but maybe that'll be his last hurrah.

I was too to a degree they've serious issues with depth. Rather Owens than a Big Show.

Kevin had a lot of drawing power in New York when he Wrestled on the indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I guess Owens, Joe and Balor are the only real star names they have until Itami and Zayn are back. Owens is a draw just based on his WWE tenure I'd say. Rematch with Balor I suppose, maybe a triple threat with Joe?

I've talked up Nikki Storm from Scotland a fair few times on here:

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/618438626062381057

The website above made it public. I do know WWE gave a few female wrestlers in Japan tryout/look this weekend. Hikaru Shida and Nikki Storm being the main two names I heard. Nikki was partly there to be an liaison to the Joshi talent at William Regal's request. Hikaru Shida is a really good worker and has softer, more western facial features which would play well to a WWE audience.

There's lots of rumours about other talent but nothing concrete. Kairi Hojo took a picture with Paige for example. Chelsea attended the WWE show where the tryouts occurred. Cat Power from Canada was also rumoured to have tried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Nikki's great, she's a shoe-in for NXT at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is that the girl that a video was posted earlier in the thread of a full match in Scotland somewhere?

Is that the girl that a video was posted earlier in the thread of a full match in Scotland somewhere?

Yep

After numerous guest trainer stints:
    https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/618469408034410496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Thats cool. Hes very old school inclined I believe, so Id say hes 100% a HHH appointment.

Hope Bayley and Becky have dueling U2 "Beautiful Day" hype videos
    https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/618544357650640896

First hint at a Bayley vs Becky vs Sasha match for NXT Brooklyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    Yep

After numerous guest trainer stints:
    https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/618469408034410496
    Yeah I remember watching that video at the time and being impressed. Was she the girl who got beaten down by three other ones at the end of the match there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Bit of a non-event this week, I assume we're onto a new taping next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Palo Alto wrote: »

I enjoyed the Womens match for what it was.

I cant warm to Crowe at all.

Palo Alto wrote: »

One more week of stuff from the last taping.

Supposedly this was amazing:
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/619175468986683392

There's a brand new TV taping being taped next Thursday. Touch wood Becky is cleared to return by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Womens match for what it was.

I cant warm to Crowe at all.

He's a bad fit or something. It just doesn't work. Very cartoonish also.

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's a bad fit or something. It just doesn't work. Very cartoonish also.

I think with a hair cut and simpler tights he could be grand.

I would have enjoyed his hacker gimmick but alas I think it would be more suited to someone else

I think with a hair cut and simpler tights he could be grand.

I would have enjoyed his hacker gimmick but alas I think it would be more suited to someone else

Apart from the static interference in his intro music 'THIS IS NOT A TEST', is there anything else that tells us he's a hacker? I think there was a teaser actually before he came too on an NXT but since we've seen him, nada really. Was the hacker thing more hen he was with his silver pants look that wasn't on tv? Hackers could be relevant in today's social media driven world fwiw. Anonymous etc and then obviously they push Twitter hard and the Network.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Apart from the static interference in his intro music 'THIS IS NOT A TEST', is there anything else that tells us he's a hacker? I think there was a teaser actually before he came too on an NXT but since we've seen him, nada really. Was the hacker thing more hen he was with his silver pants look that wasn't on tv? Hackers could be relevant in today's social media driven world fwiw. Anonymous etc and then obviously they push Twitter hard and the Network.

I meant he had a previous hacker character in development when he first came to NXT. It didnt go anywhere for whatever reason.

I had him in the boards draft a in 2014 and went down the anonymous gimmick road with him. Its something that if done right could be decent.

I meant he had a previous hacker character in development when he first came to NXT. It didnt go anywhere for whatever reason.

I had him in the boards draft a in 2014 and went down the anonymous gimmick road with him. Its something that if done right could be decent.

Oh yeah I was talking about that too but doesn't he kinda have a hacker gimmick now? Remember the week before he came in there was live feed 'problems' with his name flashed up and the when he did come it was put over as an interruption to regularly scheduled programming. I dunno what he's at or where he's going but it needs something more.

Before he debuted on NXT TV I described Crowe as polarising. But his NXT TV stint hasn't even been good enough for him to earn that status.

In terms of connecting he ain't Bayley that's for sure:

https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/619204228905611265

• Advertisement

Before he debuted on NXT TV I described Crowe as polarising. But his NXT TV stint hasn't even been good enough for him to earn that status.

In terms of connecting he ain't Bayley that's for sure:

https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/619204228905611265

Thats Bret Hart/ New Gen ad kind of awesomeness

"Brrrrrreeeeeeeeeettttt!"

Nothing of real note on the last two nights of NXT Live Events:

The Tough Enough cast were at the Orlando show last night. Lita and Billy Gunn appeared in the ring. The venue was completed packed to the degree that local Fire Marshals were considering shutting down the show. It was also 500 people in a tiny venue with no A/C in the middle of July in Florida so it was pretty miserable for fans and Wrestlers.

Zahra Schreiber made her NXT debut as a ring announcer.

Bayley made her return from injury last night:
    https://twitter.com/evildiscoqueen/status/620091807318339584

Gionna Daddio and Carmella tagged up which is probably the eventual direction with them given their connection with Enzo Amore.

Balor main evented Tye Dillinger. Tye exists in two universes in NXT. Jobber on TV and over veteran on Live Events.

Put the NXT title on Enzo:
    https://instagram.com/p/5C7FsDLXgh/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Judging from them showing that "Go away Eva" sign, it seems like WWE is playing up to her "Go away" heat.

Can't remember them doing that for any other character.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shock horror but the nxt women's title match was unreal. Saha and Charlotte just work so well together and loved Charlotte doing the flair flop.

There's online rumours that Samoa Joe has quit WWE. Seem far fetched to me. I guess tonight's taping will reveal all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

There's online rumours that Samoa Joe has quit WWE. Seem far fetched to me. I guess tonight's taping will reveal all.

He hasn't exactly set the world on fire though has he?

Granted its not been long and the booking hasn't been great, but I expected more.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He hasn't exactly set the world on fire though has he?

Granted its not been long and the booking hasn't been great, but I expected more.

I think his feud was over shadowed by Owens switch to the main roster to feud with Cena.

His theme music sucked to IMO

Advertisement