Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He hasn't exactly set the world on fire though has he?

Granted its not been long and the booking hasn't been great, but I expected more.

It seems to be more the Tyson Kidd thing. Again only an online rumour.

Becky and Charlotte are already at the taping. Becky isn't walking with a limp anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    It seems to be more the Tyson Kidd thing. Again only an online rumour.

Becky and Charlotte are already at the taping. Becky isn't walking with a limp anymore.

Hopefully not, it was what, his second match in IIRC? Be a huge shame.

Id imagine injuring soemone must have put a huge weight on Joes shoulders too, more so after it was claimed Tyson nearly didnt make it through surgery.

On that note Im just glad Tysons doing ok.

Wonder where teh NXT ladies go from here on these tapings.

Any word Rovert on Uhaa? Ive a feeling he might pop up tonight.

So annoyed about Uhaa. Where's the follow up on those vignettes? FCW/early-NXT used to be super OCD about naming and packaging people as soon as possible. Cassie and Jassie still are coming out to no entrance video or music too.

The Samoa Joe stuff may just be from people reading this in the Observer:
    https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/621701437802725376

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE NXT
    11750618_859810237401875_7093786467353441425_n.jpg?oh=7da9088149e6f167ad256f8d3420ef13&oe=5612A7B3

BREAKING NEWS: William Regal announces International Superstar Jushin "Thunder" Liger will appear at #NXTTakeOver: Brooklyn.
    FULL STORY: http://wwe.me/PIPnp

WWE leaning on 1991 in August.
    Liger, Undertaker and Sting.

The NXT dark match:

11356883_656450431156459_950785449_n.jpg

Lina Fanene (black) vs Nhooph Al-Areebi (black). A double Full Sail debut. My greatest fear was that Full Sail would dislike Nhooph and she would be forever discouraged in NXT but it all went grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Any word on Joe?

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Any word on Joe?

He worked the tapings:
    July 22nd Episode:

* Finn Balor opens the show with a promo in the ring with Greg Hamilton. Finn talks about winning the NXT Title and defending it at Takeover: Brooklyn. There will be a contract signing with Kevin Owens tonight.

* Eva Marie defeated KC Cassidy with The Kendrick (Sliced Bread #2).

* Baron Corbin won a squash match in less than 10 seconds.

* Samoa Joe defeated Mike Rallis.

* Bayley defeated Emma with a Hugplex. She cut a promo after the match and said she needs to beat the best woman in NXT before she can be Women's Champion - Charlotte.

* The Vaudevillians defeated Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton.

* Finn Balor and Kevin Owens come out for their Takeover contract signing. Owens ends up flipping the table and knocking William Regal down. Owens brawls with Balor until Balor gets the upperhand and sends Owens retreating.

July 29th Episode:

* Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder defeated Enzo Amore and Big Cass with a double team Codebreaker.

* Baron Corbin won another quick squash match.

* Chad Gable and Jason Jordan defeated Elias Samson and Manny Garcia (Levis Venezuela Jr.) in a good match.

* Charlotte defeated Dana Brooke.

* Kevin Owens defeated an enhancement talent or one of the new recruit, our correspondent wasn't sure which. Owens beat the guy up after the match and hit a sick powerbomb on the apron. He then went to the rope and posed like Balor.

* Blake and Murphy retained the NXT Tag Team Titles over The Vaudevillians. Alexa Bliss smacked The Vaudevillians after the match when they circled her creepily.

August 5th Episode:

* Bayley defeated Charlotte in an amazing match with a super Hugplex off the top.

* Baron Corbin won another squash match.

* Tyler Breeze defeats one of the new recruits. William Regal comes out and announces Breeze's opponent for Takeover - wrestling legend Jushin "Thunder" Liger.

* Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley defeated Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. The Mechanics jumped The Hype Bros. after the match.

* Samoa Joe vs. Rhyno is next. Joe wins a long hard hitting match with a Musclebuster

August 12th Episode:

* Tye Dillinger defeated Solomon Crowe. This was Dillinger's "perfect 10" gimmick debuting on TV.

* Baron Corbin won another squash match. He had huge heat from fans until Samoa Joe came out to stand up to him. Joe challenged him but Baron said not now. They brawled until Joe locked in the clutch.

* Finn Balor defeated Marcus Louis. Kevin Owens attacks after the match but Finn fights him off. Owens gets the upperhand and powerbombs Finn. Owens poses with the title.

* Bayley vs. Becky Lynch for the #1 contendership is next. Sasha Banks was on commentary. Bayley got the win.

My thoughts/notes:
    Glad the booking reflected my thoughts that it is Bayley's time. Clean wins over Charlotte and Becky is as a big of a push as you could get in NXT.

Dillinger and The Mechanics winning is a win for the chislers. Both acts have been the highlight of NXT Live Events for about a year but were jobbers on TV. Glad the two universes were aligned.

The crowd was surprisingly supportive of Eva Marie. Eva bell to bell was fine a Kelly Kelly level diva.

Next NXT tapings are August 13th. Which will be super awkward as they will cover the period before and the after the NXT Brooklyn show.

Cheers Rovert as always.

Much to discuss :

Interesting to note the fans getting behind Eva Marie, was sure they would disapprove of her. I don’t wanna see anyone fail but she doesn’t seem to be appreciative of the great opportunities she has in front of her that many women wrestlers don’t get. I doubt she will be in NXT as long as others seeing how WWE and E both want her pushed as quickly as possible and I speculate she won’t have the appetite to learn as others.

Great to see Joe still around after the recent uncertainty and he’s still using the MuscleBuster. Looks like him and Corbin at Takeover which will be good for the latter. Be interesting to see him against someone like Joe and see if he can hang. Not mad about Corbin myself.

Delighted Tyes P10 gimmick was finally debuted and will look forward to seeing that in a few weeks.

Sounds like the ladies are firing on all cylinders. I noticed no Sasha on the shows though.

Breeze is an odd character at the minute, I was sure he was inching towards being more of a face in recent shows but he will be the obvious heel versus Liger. I imagine Regal had a lot to do with getting Liger over.

No Uhaa Nation either. Was sure he would be on the tapings to give the NYC show a kick. Surely he could have been put in Ligers place.

Have only seen pics of Npooph, whats she like in the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man I'm so pumped that Liger will finally be competing in a WWE ring is it me though or is he a little wasted fighting Tyler Breeze ?

I thought a man like Liger would have been an awesome Summerslam opponent for Finn Balor for the NXT title keeping up with the Japanese theme there going with for him

Either way though can't wait to see Liger , I still remember his match with Mysterio back in WCW, and also I hope Breeze doesn't beat him but maybe takes him to the limit

Great to see Joe getting new entrance music too , Hopefully he'll go from strength to strength now

Man I'm so pumped that Liger will finally be competing in a WWE ring is it me though or is he a little wasted fighting Tyler Breeze ?
    Its a fresh match with a talented guy, no waste here in my eyes.
    I thought a man like Liger would have been an awesome Summerslam opponent for Finn Balor for the NXT title keeping up with the Japanese theme there going with for him
    Hes already facing Owens, though I do think Owens should be kept away from Balor now and move on as surely only a Balor win isa logical outcome if the plan is to keep Owens on the main roster. I can see why they put Owens on the card though i order to have star power.
    Either way though can't wait to see Liger , I still remember his match with Mysterio back in WCW, and also I hope Breeze doesn't beat him but maybe takes him to the limit

I'd say Liger will go over, however I don't see the point an aged Liger going over Breeze. They should be giving Breeze the win to elevate him IMO
    Great to see Joe getting new entrance music too , Hopefully he'll go from strength to strength now

I wonder if its any good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liger vs Pillman matches were 23/4 years ago that's the kind of thing to make a lad feel old.

My feelings are that while Ill watch and most likely enjoy Liger v Breeze, I feel Uhaa would have had the a similar effect.

Tim Weise tried out this week:
    CKDRvAaVAAAJ6uv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I thought he had already signed and even showed up at a house show ? Open to correction! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There's no justice in life if he makes it as a pro wrestler. Some people wish away their whole life's too be either a professional footballer or an athlete in MMA Wrestling. If he fufils it is an injustice...

Although he does deserve credit for doing so

I thought he had already signed and even showed up at a house show ? Open to correction! :-)

No. WWE just used him for PR seemingly and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any inside news on some of the lesser developed characters from this week's NXT. That German guy Axel, what's his buzz? Also, the likes of Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins, are they an amateur wrestling gimmicked team? They look good. Isn't that similar to Gable and Jordan tho?

WrestlingInc:
    - We can confirm that independent wrestler Bandido Jr, will be starting work with WWE soon, likely as a referee. Bandido tried out for the company in February, and will be finishing up his independent dates in August, before reporting to NXT for work in September.

Like I've said in the past September is the next NXT induction period. Expect a good few indie Wrestlers that will add midcard depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

So what did we think of Eva Marie's return match?

Em....she has improved I'll give her that. But I think I got to see more of a showcase for Cassie than Eva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Eva has the basics down but I really can't see her getting her timing or pace up to a good speed to make a match flow.

Maybe it will come in time.

Eva is what Sunny was on about yesterday she is a Diva not a wrestler Sunny just had to insult everyone saying it.

So what did we think of Eva Marie's return match?

Em....she has improved I'll give her that. But I think I got to see more of a showcase for Cassie than Eva

Its early days, and she will be most likely fast tracked to the main roster, but shes not bad. Loads of work to do but I was sure she would be worse.

Eva Marie really wrestles like someone who only wrestles with a trainer one on one and only about doing spots very carefully. Her transitions were bad and she looked incredibly wooden over all she moved so gingerly and everything was so slow. She needs to time travel back to 2006 Smackdown. Glad Cassie got to shine for the first time.

Alexa Bliss's promo ability and facial expressions are class.

I've really gone off NXT. Boring squashes and occasional contract signings outside of the women's division which is more interesting.

Eva Marie really wrestles like someone who only wrestles with a trainer one on one and only about doing spots very carefully. Her transitions were bad and she looked incredibly wooden over all she moved so gingerly and everything was so slow. She needs to time travel back to 2006 Smackdown. Glad Cassie got to shine for the first time.

Alexa Bliss's promo ability and facial expressions are class.

I've really gone off NXT. Boring squashes and occasional contract signings outside of the women's division which is more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched Eva Marie's match. The moves she did she did okay but the its shows she hasn't been wrestling long but it wasn't as bad as it could've been. I didn't see any botches from Eva which is good

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I quite like squashes, a lost art!

Enjoyed Joe's match a lot, that STF looked stiff as hell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

NXT is pretty poor now the Deviit, Kenta, Owens buzz and them mixing it with Neville, Zayn is over. The takeover shows are good obviously.

3eb4d948f91c397cc3f8902836460ef6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So annoying the crowd booing the mentions of nxt Brooklyn got.

Crowd needs to get over itself

• Advertisement

Radomir Petkovic a Serbian amateur Wrestler debuted really fast. Reported to NXT with no prior Pro Wrestling experience that I know of in April - part of the same group as Uhaa Nation.

GUHjQ7T.jpg

Advertisement