Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Still getting used to the new Wrestling schedule myself. NXT debuts on the WWE Network at 1am tonight. Three great weeks of NXT ahead:
    Scheduled for this week's WWE NXT:
    *WWE NXT champion Sami Zayn vs. Tye Dillinger.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Curtis Axel vs. Finn Bálor.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami.

*The Vaudevillians vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks.

Devitt's comebacks, finishing sequence and body are so ready for the main roster.

Itami/Breeze was really good. Definitely Itami's best since coming to NXT. Breeze really sold those kicks.

Didn't need to see Bull Dempsey's cleavage. The new NXT backstage interviewer looks too much like Bruce Pritchard for anyone in the Company to like.

Normally with NXT you get strong in ring action OR a fast paced storytelling show but this week's NXT was both. I am really looking forward to Zayn vs Owens and the Women's Fatal Four Way at the next Takeover special.

20150121_EP_LIGHT_takeover_matches_divas-hp.jpg

20150121_EP_LIGHT_takeover_matches_zaynowens-hp.jpg

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/558154301571596288

If you really want to get technical the Dublin born, Irish-Canadian won the WWF Women's Championship from The Fabulous Moolah for six days during a tour of Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I enjoyed Bayley turning on Charlotte. Obviously not a heel turn but just her finally showing some balls and being fed up of being ran down.

Hopefully her or preferably Becky win the strap.

Itami was great and Devitt is just god tier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Didn't know it was possible but Devitt is looking in even better shape!

Liked Zayn showing purpose and no messing/skipping in his entrance. I was critical of his looking so happy on his road to redemption so was glad to see it cut out this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when is the title match the tournament is for? I assumed it would be at the next live show. Just feel since the live shows started that there's no real threat to the title on the recorded shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good show again. I know the clued in people on here predicted that when Devitt, Steen, Kenta etc got going it'd be a great show but it really is must see at the moment for me. I actually love Owens' character, a complete dic* that just doesn't have any interest in doing anything but what suits him at any particular time including interviews. One slight let down I felt was the lack of reaction from the commentators to Itami's finishing move. It was just silence like they didn't know that'd be the winning move. Just seemed a bit off.

I may have asked this before, but is Itami not allowed to do his version of GTS? I thought it might be to do with the whole Punk thing, but he's set it up a couple times but was always prevented. Or are they just teasing.

NXT had a female tryout this week. It is actually a really good crop of people:

Tessa Blanchard is someone I've posted about before. She's a third generation wrestler that has people tripping themselves pointing her potential:
    tessa_blanchard_render_2_by_dfreedom30-d7zoqel.png

Mandy Leon is an ROH school graduation he is a surprisingly good wrestler relative to likely first impressions about her looks:
    Mandy20.jpg

Crazy Mary Dobson credible wrestler who also does deathmatches. She has been Miz's make up artist and the girl at the concession stand with Kane:
    5d24daa4edcrazymarydobson.jpg

Other indie wrestlers include: Jessie Kaye, Carley Rae (a female referee!), Chelsea Green (Daniel Bryan's on screen Physical Therapist).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That angle with the physical therapist and Brie never played out in the end, did it? Hopefully if that girl debuts they don't chant something to do with that in Full Sail University and leave her dead in the water. I would assume that Tessa Blanchard is a shoe-in for a spot, seeing as how they tend to give second and third generation wrestlers a chance more often than not. Hell, they would probably push her towards Charlotte to tie in with the horsemen thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Is Devitt vs Kenta tonight, or next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Moneymaker wrote: »

Tonight, 1am. Haven't seen any spoilers myself so looking forward it.

Scratch that, apols

Moneymaker wrote: »

No it is the other side of the bracket.

I will say it is a very eventful show.

Just thinking, wasn't it after the last WWE PPV that someone said something like "Your turn" to NXT? Think safe to say their next live show will top the Rumble.

Kind of sped watched the show. Will watch in full tomorrow.

WATCH HAPPENS BETWEEN NEVILLE AND KIDD'S ENTRANCES
    If I dare to say it after many false dawns Solomon Crowe seems to be debuting

Balor's promo was fairly good.

Have to say Becky looks really good close up. She really has been stepping up her look progressively since about March last year when the light blub went off / realised the Company she was working for. I admit confirmation bias but I thought the commentary really hinted hard that Becky was going over at Takeover too.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/560649662785675264

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Contract signings are awful but that one was really good. Kevin looked mad intense.

Finn's little promo wasn't great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So he is going with the hacker gimmick? It'll be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How good is this guy on a scale of Great Khali - Finn Balor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Looking forward to watching this week's episode after I finish watching Monday's Raw recap show.

How good is this guy on a scale of Great Khali - Finn Balor.

That's a very hard question to answer as he is so polarising. Here's a brawler who is very short. There's some people on the internet who thought he was the best worker on the indies. He has quite the array of wrestler fans from Fit Finlay to Kevin Nash to Tommy Dreamer.

Others think he is terrible. Personally have seen matches were he profoundly bored me with matches that do nothing and go nowhere. Stuff that would have you shouting at the TV "for the love of God end the match." Then there's the useless yelling, pretending like he's out of breath, pointing his finger and tapping the microphone on his head at the start of every promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought Balor's promo was grand he didn't really have much to go on, on an interesting side not I thought Itami delivery was very heelish loved it

Thought the divas match was pretty messy.

Dunno how they're going to handle
    Corbin. Hope Neville goes longer against him.
    He seems out of place on the tournament now.

Surprised
    at the title change. Call up on the cards?

And Emma's back? It seemed like a very straight interview with a lot less of her quirkiness.

Had to laugh at a comment somewhere about asking when guys like Daniel Bryan will be called up to NXT.

HYPED

rovert wrote: »
    HYPED

I always thought you didn't get hyped, you stayed hy...... actually feck it :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Decent show again, I didn't think Balor's bit was too bad. He does sound a bit forced but that'll come with practice. I thought Charlotte's little locker room bit was terrible, jumbling up her words and generally coming across as a heel even though she's supposed to be face (I think?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I love Baron Corbin's entranace. The bad ass music, the 3 spotlights he walks through, the way the camera comes up to meet him on the stage and the glare of brightness that accompanies it. Just deadly.

I also wanna purchase Kidd's T-shirt that he had on this week. Is it for sale?
    -Fact Dropper-

*TYSON*

Calgary, Alberta

• Advertisement

MetsFan4Life seems to think USA Network wants Tessa Blanchard independently of WWE for Tough Enough:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2u6c5o/wwe_tough_enough_news/

Advertisement