Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the likes of Rhino and Joe coming in and appearances from the likes of Jushin Liger, is it mainly to give the developmental talent experienced wrestlers to go against or is it likely we will see Joe on Raw in the near future?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The match is official. Owens has had some amazing albeit super dangerous ladder matches in the past on the indies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Now that could be "awesome"

NXT was a pretty good show.

The divas match was the highlight. Thought for a change the commentary was on point in the last few minutes. Cool to see NXT/Bayley superfan

Some people online liked Balor's promo comparing it to Bret Hart. Balor's NXT promos are still just a string of Match Of The Day interview cliches. If that isn't bad enough his delivery is awful too.

I have to question the decision of not giving Ezno and Cass the title shot in Brooklyn. I thought them winning the titles in Brooklyn was as obvious as the nose on your face. I guess they are being called up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    NXT was a pretty good show.

The divas match was the highlight. Thought for a change the commentary was on point in the last few minutes. Cool to see NXT/Bayley superfan

Some people online liked Balor's promo comparing it to Bret Hart. Balor's NXT promos are still just a string of Match Of The Day interview cliches. If that isn't bad enough his delivery is awful too.

I have to question the decision of not giving Ezno and Cass the title shot in Brooklyn. I thought them winning the titles in Brooklyn was as obvious as the nose on your face. I guess they are being called up soon.

I wasn't mad on his promo, he's still way off on the main roster in relation to mic skills.

Imagine the pop in NYC if Cass and Enzo won the titles there, it be an unreal moment. Missed opportunity IMO

Heart strings

I7xAgIa.png

You've said it before rovert but Bayley is so over with kids she's basically a female Cena and they have to give her the belt at some stage. As for Balor I'm actually a little bit worried that he's still so wooden on the mic. It could hold him back.

More new names

Jessie McKay is now Billie Kay.
    Cassie Macintosh / KC Cassidy is now Peyton Royce.

https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/629785259400384512
    https://twitter.com/WWEPeytonRoyce/status/629785218304602112

Peyton Royce is horrid

• Advertisement

IF this is a name change

pTFMM4O.png

I'm beginning to like Bull's videos. Especially how they turned last week's joke into motivation for this week.
    Were all the others talent or trainers?

I can't remember but is the tag match for the title or is it a mixed 6 person tag? Just when Regal suggested getting someone to keep Bliss in check. I guess it's probably just to have someone at ringside with them with a 6 person match NXT before Takeover.

So we have 2 episode left before Takeover or is Takeover in place of that week's NXT?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm beginning to like Bull's videos. Especially how they turned last week's joke into motivation for this week.
    Were all the others talent or trainers?

All talent. Not entirely sure if the big muscular white dude is though.
    I can't remember but is the tag match for the title or is it a mixed 6 person tag? Just when Regal suggested getting someone to keep Bliss in check. I guess it's probably just to have someone at ringside with them with a 6 person match NXT before Takeover.

NXT Tag Team Title Match. I don't know who it is or could be. Blue Pants hasn't been used in ages. It is Summerslam so every wrestler is in town.
    So we have 2 episode left before Takeover or is Takeover in place of that week's NXT?

Two episodes. Things are going to get mildly complicated:

They have one more episode taped from last month.
    NXT is taping this Thursday at Full Sail University. I guess one episode to air before Brookyn and three to air after.
    Apparently they are taping an episode of NXT TV before or after the NXT Brooklyn special too.

I think I'd prefer them to just air the one they have next week then leave it instead of having to work around the outcome of Brooklyn unless they're willing to keep Balor, Owens, Vaudevillains, Blake/Murphy(can't remember what they go by), Bayley and Sasha off the tapings of the post Brooklyn matches to cover the results. Of course that wouldn't really be feasible.

Wasn't it only the one taping that was left to air after Balor won the title so they just aired the match replay?

I think I'd prefer them to just air the one they have next week then leave it instead of having to work around the outcome of Brooklyn unless they're willing to keep Balor, Owens, Vaudevillains, Blake/Murphy(can't remember what they go by), Bayley and Sasha off the tapings of the post Brooklyn matches to cover the results. Of course that wouldn't really be feasible.

Wasn't it only the one taping that was left to air after Balor won the title so they just aired the match replay?

The original NXT schedule: http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.ie/2015/04/wwe-schedule-april-2015-march-2016.html had NXT Takeover airing this Wednesday at Full Sail. But moving it to Brooklyn knocked the TV schedule off a tad.

I guess the NXT taping will have a lot of lower tier Divas matches and more Corbin squashes. :p I wonder if Crews will wrestle at the NXT tapings before his NXT debut in Brooklyn. I wouldn't think too hard about it they'll figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

They might just have a highlights show on the Wednesday before Takeover. Just one of them 'let's run down the card' specials.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/630740902089228289

Really surprised that they didn't add a Big Show or a Cena to it for a bunch reasons. The need to put a WWE stamp on it, actually having the confidence that NXT would do real business, WWE wrestlers politicking for a pay day etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Would be shocked if a main roster stalwart isn't on the card but you never know.

Would be shocked if a main roster stalwart isn't on the card but you never know.

Let's hope they don't drink as much as JBL did at ECW One Night Stand
    1280x720-alk.jpg

Selling 13,000 tickets is good going it has to be said though the timing probably helped. NXT is slowly but surely becoming a brand to be reckoned with all the same.

• Advertisement

Wrestled on the Irish indie scene and decided to pack it in :pac: no seriously this is a shame:

https://twitter.com/WWEMoonChild/status/630866189900738561

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's a bit of a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Interesting that Kevin Owens has two separate feuds for two separate matches on two big shows at the same weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

His feud with Joe was pretty much scrapped ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Great to see Tye Dillinger win a match. I'm just making my way through the episode here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Thank jaysus they updated Joe's music. it's still not great but 100 times better than his first theme

Was just thinking since they're going to be in Brooklyn and people are suggesting Enzo and Cass make an appearance, maybe the Vaudevillains will make a deal with them to have Carmella at ringside in exchange for a title shot if they win.

Once again I find it funny that Bayley has defeated 2 of the women moved and will probably beat the third, yet stays in NXT

• Advertisement

Was just thinking since they're going to be in Brooklyn and people are suggesting Enzo and Cass make an appearance, maybe the Vaudevillains will make a deal with them to have Carmella at ringside in exchange for a title shot if they win.

The tapings are tonight. So they might shed some light on that. Enzo and Cass have essentially vanished in a really weird deal. They worked a Smackdown dark 2-3 weeks ago. So they might being called up and without Carmella.

A leftfield guess on the Vaudevillians back up would be the former Jessie McKay. Her new name is old timey and she could rock the look:
    B1eYN6Q.png

She's very hello nurse to quote the Animaniacs.

Nia Jax/Lina would be a cool visual vs little Lexi as she is very Kharma/Kong like. A WWE Legend like Lita would be a good pop too. A asked a good friend of Blue Pants and they said it isn't her. There's lots of theories.

Advertisement