Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They'll do well to fit the entire card into two hours.

Looking forward to it. 2am start time for Ireland. Pre-show at 1.30am.

Could be a split between dark matches, TV and WWE Network live special.

Personally expect the main matches to go longer than 2 hours. Triple H will let the cameras roll for as long as possible as a goodwill/pandering move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If only that was their attitude for every pay per view, but sometimes it feels like they have the timing completely wrong. Paddy Power are taking money for this for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I still don't get why they didn't use this as an opportunity to put the straps on Enzo and Cass - the roof would blow off the place in Brooklyn!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Owens is gonna deserve a break next Wednesday considering he's got the ladder match Saturday, Cesaro on Sunday, assume appearance and match on Raw on Monday then an appearance on Smackdown on Tuesday.
    Though that's not taking anything away from the women, who will also probably be working the 4 nights

Hopefully this is his final match on NXT and he goes out with a belter. They should bite the bullet and leave him off of it going forward once he has had this rematch. It will give someone else a chance to move into the main event picture challenging Finn Balor after that.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Owens is gonna deserve a break next Wednesday considering he's got the ladder match Saturday, Cesaro on Sunday, assume appearance and match on Raw on Monday then an appearance on Smackdown on Tuesday.
    Though that's not taking anything away from the women, who will also probably be working the 4 nights

His daughter mostly sees him via the the WWE Network:
    https://instagram.com/p/6h5xWHvY4S/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Do the talent get free Network subscriptions out of curiosity? Presume they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Do the talent get free Network subscriptions out of curiosity? Presume they do.

I think they do. I definetely remember someone asking a talent had they watched the network and them saying they haven't but they get it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think they do. I definetely remember someone asking a talent had they watched the network and them saying they haven't but they get it free.

Heyman said before that all talent have a free subscription on a Steve Austin Podcast

NXT is alright. Sasha's and Owen's promos were the highlights. Kevin delivered the promo on the Full Sail crowd that everyone watching NXT at home has been wishing for. He's the King.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    NXT is alright. Sasha's and Owen's promos were the highlights. Kevin delivered the promo on the Full Sail crowd that everyone watching NXT at home has been wishing for. He's the King.

It was really really good but I thought he could have gone further and gone full-on Cactus Jack anti-hardcore if you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Here it is:

https://vid.me/JTj3

Fantastic promo. Works the crowd as a heel, sells the match and I imagine there were a lot of true feelings there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like it's only the first 5 matches from the above poster that are at Takeover then the rest airing on NXT. Guess it means Crews is making his debut on Wednesday instead of Saturday. Will see in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So looks like it's only the first 5 matches from the above poster that are at Takeover then the rest airing on NXT. Guess it means Crews is making his debut on Wednesday instead of Saturday. Will see in a few days.

Crews is on the Network show,

I think its a bad idea feeding Tye to Apollo so soon after debuting his 'perfect 10' gimmick, but it looks like hes getting squashed by Apollo.

Wouldnt be surprised if Dillenger gets replaced by someone else, but as it stands Im being told Crews v Dillenger is on for the 2 hour special.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rich Swann and Biff Busick are said to be strongly on the WWE radar. Both have attended tryouts in the past, and recently worked at the Evolve 47 and 48 iPPV events.

Biff seems to be tied up in a protracted signing process. There's lots of stories about him.

Swann at one stage was pegged to start in NXT in September.

Class video

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What time is this on Saturday night GMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

2am. Pre show at 1.30

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2am. Pre show at 1.30

Great stuff, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Here it is:

https://vid.me/JTj3

Fantastic promo. Works the crowd as a heel, sells the match and I imagine there were a lot of true feelings there too.

What a great promo. And he was spot on about the Full Sail crowd too. Great job Owens.

Very good interview

https://twitter.com/ComplexMag/status/634824359908130816

Eh0PUtx.png

Translation: Expect a load of kickouts

NXT Brooklyn is a big show for pretty much everyone on the roster but especially for Finn Balor in my eyes as he is wrestling in front of 13,000 people and Vince McMahon on NXT's first major show. I feel it may dictate his future.

There's other stuff the match/Balor needs to address. The creative hasn't been strong for Balor/Owens it has the feeling of being thrown together and a background feud to Owen's main roster feud with Cena. There's a growing fan backlash whether it is cited deficiencies: in his ring style, character, promo ability etc as well as other intangibles. The big thing I feel that he is lacking is that he is too laid back and stoic I am not suggesting he should turn on the Becky Lynch waterworks but he needs to display some form of passion and love for the fans in his matches. Just look at what makes Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan work. Also I’ve seen some minor kick back with how corporate his answers were on his press tour last week. In addition to all that he hated his last Takeover match with Tyler Breeze and probably feels the need to redeem himself even after a really good match with Owens at Beast In The East.

Personally looking forward to the Balor/Owens match as it will be a great change of pace from the near fall driven Owens/Cena matches this Summer and WWE matches that follow that big match structure. I’ve no doubt Bayley/Sasha will be VERY much that kind of match as stated above.

How the show will be produced isn’t something I have seen written about. An arena show is a different animal to Full Sail obviously. I don’t even know if they will have the usual NXT production crew students and all at it or whether we are getting a Kevin Dunn Shaky Cam production.

I am 99% sure that the Vaudevillians valet will be Blue Pants.

I wonder will *future TV spoiler*
    Ciampa and Gargano
    will be part of tonight’s show too.

I'll be honest, I think it's gone a bit downhill for Balor since the Japan show.

He's been the most bland NXT champion to date. He really needs to crank up the personality, or else turn heel because whatever it is, isn't working at the minute. I won't panic yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

When he's not wearing the paint he's booked as the blandest babyface this side of the 1980's. There's a limit to how entertaining you can make the stuff he's been given. The disparity between him with and without the paint also has not been explained in a satisfactory way at all.
    In the ring he looks bored. Learning to work the cameras, learning how the production side of things work, learning how to work TV style matches within WWE boundaries are all important for the company but to someone so talented it must be tedious. The match against Breeze at one of the Takeovers is a great example, a perfectly generic WWE match that Devitt could probably have while sleepwalking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When he's not wearing the paint he's booked as the blandest babyface this side of the 1980's. There's a limit to how entertaining you can make the stuff he's been given. The disparity between him with and without the paint also has not been explained in a satisfactory way at all.
    In the ring he looks bored. Learning to work the cameras, learning how the production side of things work, learning how to work TV style matches within WWE boundaries are all important for the company but to someone so talented it must be tedious. The match against Breeze at one of the Takeovers is a great example, a perfectly generic WWE match that Devitt could probably have while sleepwalking.

I get what you're saying but at the end of the day, NXT is essentially development and that's why he's there. Learning the hard camera routine and timing etc.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I get what you're saying but at the end of the day, NXT is essentially development and that's why he's there. Learning the hard camera routine and timing etc.

Absolutely it must be done but I don't think it's helped in terms of the quality of his ring output. By the end of his tenure there he'll be able to work those Raw TV matches but he's basically working with the handbrake firmly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

For me the problem is not with his matches. Sure he is probably quite limited with what he can do with the people he is working with and we all know he is capable of so much more. The problem is with his persona out of the demon makeup. He lacks any sort of charisma or personality. His promos are so forced and wooden and this constant pausing for breath when he is speaking is a sign of nerves. He would probably benefit from taking a few acting classes to bring him out of his shell and create an interesting persona.

Say what you like about Sheamus but he does have a personality

Sheamus is miles ahead of him.

• Advertisement

Sheamus is miles ahead of him.

I've never seen anything Sheamus do that's in any way compelling. Decent WWE guy who has the same match every night, average on the mic, average personality, he's a walking haircut.

Devitt can only do so much with what he is given. If you give him bland, generic babyface promos to work with he's not going to turn it into gold, not even The Rock or Austin could turn the stuff he's given into gold. It's easy to blame the guy you see on screen deliver the lines but when the creative behind him is so stunted they are hindering him a huge amount.

Saying Sheamus is miles ahead of him though is laughable. As with any wrestler, with the right creative behind him the chances of shining are far higher, in the ring Devitt's ceiling is so much higher, the guy is a founding member of Bullet Club and responsible for much of its early direction while he was the leader, he's a whole lot better than Sheamus.

Advertisement