Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,184 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jmolloy wrote: »
    loving the ole ole ole chants after balor appeared, this is going to be a great night

I doubt they were for him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

First time watching NXT. Didn't know Derek zoolander was in it! Il have to shout for him now.

He'll flop on the main roster faster than Adam Rose imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

WWE has the tour dates up:

Dec. 10: Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle
    Dec. 11: SSE Hydro in Glasgow
    Dec. 12: Sheffield Arena in Sheffield
    Dec. 13: Empress Ballroom in Blackpool
    Dec. 14: Capital FM Arena in Nottingham
    Dec. 15: MotorPoint Arena in Cardfiff
    Dec. 16: SSE Arena in London

• Registered Users Posts: 22,184 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Full Sail Sucks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Full Sail Sucks lol
    I thought they were saying full sail rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

You'd imagine having an Irish NXT champ and one of your most popular divas being Irish would give cause for an Irish show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I love that entrance so much

Rovert must be dying at the sight of Blue Pants on a Takeover special

Edit: Blue Pants city chants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They'll definitely do a taping in the UK, maybe even a live show for the Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rovert must be dying at the sight of Blue Pants on a Takeover special

Edit: Blue Pants city chants

not the same Blue Pants though is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Crews looks like a wwe champ already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He'll be up before Balor...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Go away, Stephanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

That was a great women's match. Why aren't they allowed matches like that on the main roster!? Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

unbelievable match. fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Top that, Balor and Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jesus I thought Bayley died there near the end.

Unreal. MOTYC.

Balors entrance is class. Great theatrical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

The women's match was fun but almost none of it made actual sense. I know that won't be a popular opinion here but its true. Story of the match is bayley might have a broken hand and then five minutes later she's throwing suplexes and doing crossfaces? Match of the year it was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

The women's match was fun but almost none of it made actual sense. I know that won't be a popular opinion here but its true. Story of the match is bayley might have a broken hand and then five minutes later she's throwing suplexes and doing crossfaces? Match of the year it was not.

I agree with you on the one hand but on the other hand if you ever watch MMA you do see fighters tear ligaments, break hands etc and fight on and even use their injured limbs. Given the suspension of disbelief one expects to carry during pro wrestling I think you have to let that criticism slide a bit, an undead wizard/biker man doesn't exactly make sense either does it? It would be nice to see more wrestlers sell their "injuries" when they're putting on offense though, like struggle to make that suplex and then later persevere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Fantastic event from start to finish. I did think the same thing about Bayleys hand but you have to let some things slide ;)

A great match followed by a really intense and brutal ladder match.Balor and Owens are phenomenal.

Finn really is a megastar that can go straight to the top. He has that 'it' factor that everyone looks for.

It looks like he has the womens market sorted! :D

CNEC-LwWIAAZ-iG.jpg

Adrenaline. BAYLEY fights through the pain. Like at least the match in my opinion was amazing. I loved it from start to finish and was on the edge of my seat watching.

Seeing bayleys hand heal wasn't as bad as seeing Cena take a DDT on the concrete and finish off two lads in quick succession though?

It fairness to her she was throwing punches with her other hand while nursing the broken one so she was at least trying to keep the sell going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Realpaul

You're in a very small minority with that view,all over twitter and other wrestling forums people with completely different tastes are calling it a MOTYC and I would agree with them it was an amazing match even better than the Sasha vs Becky match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

NXT doing UK but no Irish date :(

Anyway, loved the show. I nearly feel its condescending at this stage to say, but that was a fantastic women's match. And not by "Diva" standards, just by normal standards. I only watch the Takeovers, but I was fully behind Bayley by the end,
    and thrilled when she won.

Some great matches up and down the card; the Vaudevillains are awesome, Crews looks to have a genuine babyface charisma that will make him a fan favourite, ladder match was great, and I enjoyed Joe/Corbin and Liger/Breeze.

Really thought it was the most solid show I've seen for a while. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Realpaul wrote:
    You're in a very small minority with that view,all over twitter and other wrestling forums people with completely different tastes are calling it a MOTYC and I would agree with them it was an amazing match even better than the Sasha vs Becky match.

I'm not really a forum person besides boards so I wouldn't put much stock in what people online say. As I said it was a fun match I'm not saying it was a bad match. But was it match of the year or even close? No. As others have already said on here the story was a bit all over the place and I personally find the embrace at the end force fed. As I said it was a fun watch and can't say they didn't give anything but 110% but people are going way way overboard if you think its match of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Personally I think that very few things have come close to the Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar match from the Royal Rumble in January. I think people are very quick to make big statements about the NXT Takeover womens' matches, especially since last time. Having said that, I was glued to that match and was so happy when Bayley won finally.

I know its no big deal but was there any need for 3 refs in the ladder match?

Found it really distracting for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know its no big deal but was there any need for 3 refs in the ladder match?

Found it really distracting for some reason.

Yeah I was wondering that aswell. Earl Hebner could do it on his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show. Happy for Bayley. I like how the video package highlighted what I've said about everyone turning on her and then moving to the main roster. As much as I like Bayley, I think Sasha looked great in that match and deserves to be given the spotlight on the main roster. Though I was wondering, are there any female refs or any reason why there aren't?

Think the thing I noticed most about Crews was how he did the flip up without using his hands.

And good luck to Owens tonight against Cesaro after that ladder match. If he manages to pull off another great match, then he'll prove to Vince that appearance isn't everything. Even though it was obvious when he was going to do it, I always like when he sets up for something then just throws a punch or something, like setting up the ladder against Balor as if he was going to run up it.

Advertisement