Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From the Observer on THAT match:
    P9429Y3.png
    ZK1mJuy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I never thought of that, that she got the win the next night after this. These things happen sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

A Becky Lynch botch? Well it had to happen sometime I suppose

In a way it works out better anyway. Charlotte doesn't need the win. Emma is staying on NXT and will presumably challenge Bayley at some stage so at least she has a win behind her to build on

Yeah, originally I thought that rovert had said it was Dana Brooke who made the mistake by not making the save when Emma had Becky Lynch covered. Anyway, the match was strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus, very lucky there wasn't a tragedy there

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jesus, very lucky there wasn't a tragedy there

The bump Bayley took a few minutes before that was sick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, Did Dana just let a young girl do her makeup and hair this week? I'm not her biggest fan but she looked a mess.

Great reception for Enzo and Cass. Not so much for the third member, Carmella.

As for the divas match, I know it was said the ending wasn't as planned, but did the ref realise Becky wasn't going to make the count before he got to 3, because usually they take their time if the shoulder is to come up at 2 and a half. But he didn't slow down between 2 and 3.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Okay, Did Dana just let a young girl do her makeup and hair this week? I'm not her biggest fan but she looked a mess.

Made this reference on Twitter:

Ow2PTFW.jpg
    CNYDgPiUYAAgVys.jpg

On a related note NXT really needs to reign in talent from getting needless cosmetic procedures. Especially young impressionable ones. That's Nhooph in the past I made reference to her pre-WWE rep of being well liked but extremely immature. She's only 20 and is almost unrecognisable from when she joined NXT in April:
    https://instagram.com/p/65ZXKnCB-B/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Get In and it'll be on at a reasonable time for us.

So hopefully it will be some sort of TakeOver/Live Special with Finn Bálor defending the championship.

Just watched the women's match from nxt from last night. Very strange as you hear the ref say "seven minutes" at 1h 17minutes of a 1 hour 24 minute show and I don't know what was meant to happen but Emma wasn't meant to get the pin yet anyway. The ref had to count to three though. He couldn't stop as it would have been obvious something went wrong. Actually aren't the refs told to count a persons shoulders down as if it's legit ? Did I read that here ?

Yeah. That's been mentioned several times here. It was talked about a bit after The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. I think someone might have had a theory that maybe the streak wasn't meant to end. But yeah, referees have to count for 3 always.

Yeah. That's been mentioned several times here. It was talked about a bit after The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. I think someone might have had a theory that maybe the streak wasn't meant to end. But yeah, referees have to count for 3 always.

That was it. Rovert said that beckys parents were at nxt takeover and becky threw her Tshirt to two people in the front row who looked parent like.

Not given out but I did post the story here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96769824&postcount=1383

Maybe the image isn't displaying in your browser but yeah referees are told to call the match like it was real and keep a consistent count.

I didn't spot that. I assume they were at the whole weekend's activities to see her at SummerSlam?

rovert wrote: »
    Not given out but I did post the story here:
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96769824&postcount=1383

Maybe the image isn't displaying in your browser but yeah referees are told to call the match like it was real and keep a consistent count.

Rovert what are you getting upset about ? It doesn't appear on the mobile site ont phone.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Rovert what are you getting upset about ? It doesn't appear on the mobile site ont phone.

I'll make an effort to quote text. I rarely visit boards via a mobile.
    I didn't spot that. I assume they were at the whole weekend's activities to see her at SummerSlam?

Yeah Becky posted a picture on Instagram today of her and her mother sightseeing in New York.

But her mother and father were interviewed for WWE 24 that new behind the scenes documentary for the WWE Network. I don't know if separate wrestlers get separate episodes but I think at the very least PCB are getting there own episode. A two man film crew were filming her parents at various points. They were moved from third to first for her match.

Yeah Becky posted a picture on Instagram today of her and her mother sightseeing in New York.

But her mother and father were interviewed for WWE 24 that new behind the scenes documentary for the WWE Network. I don't know if separate wrestlers get separate episodes but I think at the very least PCB are getting there own episode. A two man film crew were filming her parents at various points. They were moved from third to first for her match.

Well during that periscope that Paige did she pointed out the wwe24 cameras and they were filming all three members of team PCB so I'd say you're right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watched the women's match from nxt from last night. Very strange as you hear the ref say "seven minutes" at 1h 17minutes of a 1 hour 24 minute show and I don't know what was meant to happen but Emma wasn't meant to get the pin yet anyway. The ref had to count to three though. He couldn't stop as it would have been obvious something went wrong. Actually aren't the refs told to count a persons shoulders down as if it's legit ? Did I read that here ?

Watch Neville v Rollins from Raw a few weeks ago. At the speed he was counting Rollins he could have counted three but didn't - mind you this could've been a planned spot. Dave Meltzer reported at the time that the ref Undertaker Lesnar match was counted as a legit that he didn't know he was counting the finish. Though he also recently went on a rant about how WWE is like a cult with their silly little rules and quirks.

Well that sounds good, clearly a sign of good faith in her from the WWE. The way I took it from the trailer over the weekend was that there was going to be an NXT episode. Hopefully Team PCB will get their own episode though, yeah.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on them rovert? How would they compare to Sasha and Becky for example?

I'd still love to see Melissa and La Rae in someday, even if La Rae is in the wrong era for WWEs tastes.

Forgot to reply to this. Four months ago on here I said they were really interested in Athena. I've known since June she signed but I was asked to keep it a secret. Her friends really wanted it to happen for her. Promoters kept really quiet too. A lot of signs were there but fans didn't really pick them up.

WWE are really keen on Athena. They contacted her within minutes after she either created or updated her WWE Recruit page. Kind of a lesson for indie Wrestlers to be proactive especially when WWE is coming to your area. Wrestlers can be lazy and expect WWE to just call them.

It is what it is but she has always been compared to Naomi due to both of them having a similar look and style. Her friends and people on social media would always play the "that should be you" game. But Athena is the wrestler I always hoped that Naomi would turn out to be. Kind of like if Naomi spent time in NXT rather than the developmental she went through.

On a "on" night and when she hits her O-Face finish crisply Athena is someone who really tears down the house and the best indie female in North America.
    LkrJgKH.gif

My brain fully hasn't registered Kana being at NXT.

Kana being at TakeOver was something I haven't fully processed yet. Imagine Johnny Ace signing a 33 year Joshi wrestler? She had been very secretive about her future and announced she was going on hiatus. There were rumours that she was pregnant even. A lot of her and her persona is very JAPAN and hard to convey. But if she isn't currently she was consider the best female wrestler in the World. Had a terrible rep for being really stiff in the ring and deliberately hurting people but eventually lighten up. An extremely adaptable worker who can do everything. There's varying accounts of how good her English is but it is nothing above adequate with a heavy accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone get tickets for the Takeover tour in the UK?

Heading to the TV special in London :)

No. At the prices I saw going around, I was definitely not going to try and get tickets for any. Hopefully someday they'll bring their tour to Ireland, maybe even before Finn leaves NXT.

I got two tickets for £30 each which is a bargain if you ask me. I wanted ringside which were about £110 each but I missed out on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

No. At the prices I saw going around, I was definitely not going to try and get tickets for any. Hopefully someday they'll bring their tour to Ireland, maybe even before Finn leaves NXT.

How much do you want tickets to be €2? The average price is around €30 for the UK and the arenas will half the size what they are for normal WWE shows so there'll be a great view everywhere

People are attempting a #bringnxttoireland hashtag on Twitter.

I wonder if it is feasible venue wise. The 9,000 or so seater o2 Arena is likely too big and the 1,954 seat National Stadium is probably too small. The Blackpool show is a 1906 seater but the Wrestlers are in the Country already and the show is probably a favour to William Regal. It is an old venue he used to Wrestle in.

Then you have to factor in could the market sustain a 3rd WWE show this year.

Latte1 wrote: »
    How much do you want tickets to be €2? The average price is around €30 for the UK and the arenas will half the size what they are for normal WWE shows so there'll be a great view everywhere

I agree with the point that tickets are priced about right, if not slightly on the cheap side.

However, the arenas are the normal 10,000+ seat WWE building so there will be some seats not quite so good as others. One of which will probably be mine, but like I said, for the cost I consider it value for money.

• Advertisement

People are attempting a #bringnxttoireland hashtag on Twitter.

I wonder if it is feasible venue wise. The 9,000 or so seater o2 Arena is likely too big and the 1,954 seat National Stadium is probably too small. The Blackpool show is a 1906 seater but the Wrestlers are in the Country already and the show is probably a favour to William Regal. It is an old venue he used to Wrestle in.

Then you have to factor in could the market sustain a 3rd WWE show this year.

The Blackpool Winter Gardens has a capacity of 3,500. Are they blocking half of it off?

*edit*

Also, I think they could do a profitable house at the o2. There are a ton of people (me included) who wouldn't pay for a WWE house show there but would for an NXT brand one. If they could sell out in London in a couple minutes I think 6,000+ would be handy enough.

That said, this isn't a company known for changing plans so I don't see them adding a show.

Advertisement