Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think she'll be ok. She has friends in high places and she's low priority. Don't see this picking up a lot of press.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Monokne wrote: »
    I think she'll be ok. She has friends in high places and she's low priority. Don't see this picking up a lot of press.

If WWE's biggest legend can be white-washed from the company for racist language then they won't think twice about firing this tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What did she do?

J. Marston wrote: »
    If WWE's biggest legend can be white-washed from the company for racist language then they won't think twice about firing this tool.

She's not said anything overt and the swastika historically has some other meanings. Hogan was gone in seconds. If they weren't thinking twice about letting Zahra go, what's the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

She's not said anything overt and the swastika historically has some other meanings. Hogan was gone in seconds. If they weren't thinking twice about letting Zahra go, what's the delay?

Really?

The swatstika may have other meanings but it will forever be tainted and to try and claim otherwise is ludicrous. Let's just say on the off chance we take her words at face value. Displaying this symbol, AND POSTING IT ON THE INTERNET, is a whole new level of stupid and asking for trouble.

Also, while it may exist in Buddahism, it is displayed in a different way.

Going through her twitter history makes for very bleak reading. She's 28 now, so the 'I was young and stupid excuse' doesnt wash.

I'd be amazed if she's not out the door Monday. She's gonna "Melina" Rollins career if he keeps her around.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Really?

The swatstika may have other meanings but it will forever be tainted and to try and claim otherwise is ludicrous. Let's just say on the off chance we take her words at face value. Displaying this symbol, AND POSTING IT ON THE INTERNET, is a whole new level of stupid and asking for trouble.

Going through her twitter history makes for very bleak reading. She's 28 now, so the 'I was young and stupid excuse' doesnt wash.

I'd be amazed if she's not out the door Monday. She's gonna "Melina" Rollins career if he keeps her around.

I fully agree with you about the swastika. I am not defending, rationalising or justifying what she did. I am merely pointing out she has a form of plausible deniability. Hulk outright said "I am racist, f****g n****s". That's a different thing.

I would not be stunned if she was let go on Monday either. However, if there were panic around what she posted, we both know she would be gone already. I can't believe anyone seriously thinks maybe Vince and Hunter are off for the weekend and will deal with it when they are back to work. They know what's happened and have not taken action yet. That tells me at the very least it's on the bubble. This is the same company that released and rehired Emma for stealing a $21 iPod case within 8 hours of the 'crime', if Zahra was for 100% getting canned, she'd be gone by now.

I fully agree with you about the swastika. I am not defending, rationalising or justifying what she did. I am merely pointing out she has a form of plausible deniability. Hulk outright said "I am racist, f****g n****s". That's a different thing.

I would not be stunned if she was let go on Monday either. However, if there were panic around what she posted, we both know she would be gone already. I can't believe anyone seriously thinks maybe Vince and Hunter are off for the weekend and will deal with it when they are back to work. They know what's happened and have not taken action yet. That tells me at the very least it's on the bubble. This is the same company that released and rehired Emma for stealing a $21 iPod case within 8 hours of the 'crime', if Zahra was for 100% getting canned, she'd be gone by now.

I think taking a day or two to make the right decision(even if its painfully obvious) is the right approach. Knee jerk reactions are rarely good ones.

Anyway it's not getting any better....

zc6.jpg

zc5.jpg

The level of witch hunting is a whole other debate.

To be honest between this stuff and the problems with Rollins earlier in the year, I'd be inclined to cut bait on her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If anyone bumps into her tell her there's a spare bed at my place she can crash in for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

The level of stalking some people on the internet go to is mind boggling. Who has the time to go back 3 years on someone's Instagram? They need to get a life.

• Advertisement

The level of stalking some people on the internet go to is mind boggling. Who has the time to go back 3 years on someone's Instagram? They need to get a life.

Yeah I touched on this in my last post.

It's seriously sad stuff and people seem to do it for the sole reason of ruining someones life.

But in much the same way, people need to be careful what they put out there in public. There's plenty of things that could potentially ruin all of our lives if dragged up though, in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer went public on Rich Swann and Biff Busick being WWE bound pending medicals.

Biff announced it more or less at a show on 31st July.

Sarah Stock probably won't be wrestling in her new role as NXT trainer. She's 36 but it is a great shame given the shape she's in and how well she moves.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Really?

Meltzer said last night that the company are aware of it and asked her to take stuff down. So sounds like she's not getting canned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Meltzer said last night that the company are aware of it and asked her to take stuff down. So sounds like she's not getting canned anyway.

Spoke too soon. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/44323-wwe-news-schreiber-released

"The WWE announced Monday that it has released Zahra Schreiber, who is the girifriend of WWE champion Seth Rollins.

Schreiber had a swastika in the background during a 2012 social media post, which came out this past week. She defended it by noting it was not Nazi related.

"WWE released Zahra Schreiber due to inapproporiate and offensive remarks she made that were recently brought to out attention," said the company in a statement."

Waiting for HITLER: YES or NO? to be added to the application form.

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He did Nazi that coming

He did Nazi that coming

****3/4

A very left field hiring if true. Not a look you would associate with WWE. Was a "thing" in SHIMMER 2008-10ish and then took a long hiatus with selected dates. Recently has been more active Wrestling for ECCW in Canada and doing REINA in Japan:
    https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/638815475313438720

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Is this the same outlet that broke Athena and Kana signings? If so then I have to say I'm surprised. As you say she is not a look that you would normally associate with WWE. If true though maybe that opens up the door for more potential signings for the unexpected girls. People like Kellie Skater, Madison Eagles and Nicole Mathews would be great assets although I'm unsure if Madison's age would hinder her and the fact that she has 3 kids in Australia. Cheerleader Melissa too

• Advertisement

Melissa and Skater are the two i'd want. La Rae also but she's probably in the wrong era for 2015 WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Back on Zahra for a moment, she went off on one on twitter. Very not safe for work but you can check it out here if you want to see. Absolutely crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Back on Zahra for a moment, she went off on one on twitter. Very not safe for work but you can check it out here if you want to see. Absolutely crazy stuff.

That's facebook, not Twitter. Easier to make an unverified account. Also, Why would she call him Seth if it's her boyfriend? Looks fake to me.

Not that I think it's real or fake, but a lot of them refer to each other as their ring names I know.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's facebook, not Twitter. Easier to make an unverified account. Also, Why would she call him Seth if it's her boyfriend? Looks fake to me.
    You have to actually follow her on twitter to see her posts, hence I don't have access to the tweet, just saw that on Facebook. Exact same cover as her twitter page though.

It could easily be a fake, but it's not surprising that her Twitter would be made private after what happened to her. In fairness, where would you be going dragging up old stuff like?

It could easily be a fake, but it's not surprising that her Twitter would be made private after what happened to her. In fairness, where would you be going dragging up old stuff like?
    Yeah, it was pretty sh1tty that someone was digging through her old IG posts for something to hang her on. Still shouldn't have had that stuff up there, but all the same.

It's made me very paranoid about my own online presence since reading about it, honestly. Now I obviously don't have anything like what she did, but it's still a frightening idea.

It is fake no one really talks like that.

• Advertisement

It's made me very paranoid about my own online presence since reading about it, honestly. Now I obviously don't have anything like what she did, but it's still a frightening idea.

I think if someone is being a ****ty bigot it deserves to be drawn to the public's attention personally.

Advertisement