Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Gas given all the Roman Reigns talk but just found out there's yet another Samoan in NXT. Noah Pang-Potjes from Afa's WXW training school:

B41TLIxCcAAG1ud.jpg

Never seen anything reported on him ever.

WWE really wants to find a new Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That haircut is worse than HBK's botched job in the Elimination Chamber when he wore the poo-brown pants. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Why was he wearing those awful pants?

Michaels explained in his book that he wasn’t sure when he was going to wrestle again, so he was unable to have HBK style tights made prior to the match. As a result, he wore these pale brown pants and cowboy style boots instead of the regular wrestling boots we were used to seeing. He had worn jeans and a tank top at Summerslam vs HHH in their street fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Omackeral wrote: »
    Michaels explained in his book that he wasn’t sure when he was going to wrestle again, so he was unable to have HBK style tights made prior to the match. As a result, he wore these pale brown pants and cowboy style boots instead of the regular wrestling boots we were used to seeing. He had worn jeans and a tank top at Summerslam vs HHH in their street fight.
    They must be so hideous my mind blanked them out! Link?

• Advertisement

14188.jpg

Although you can't really tell in this pic, he's rocking a BOB haircut of all things, like Uma Thurman in Pulp fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Omackeral wrote: »
    He had worn jeans and a tank top

Maybe Dean Ambrose has his tailor off working on an elaborate order

Nice video

The latest from MetsFan4Live:
    Sin Cara's been wrestling in singles as of late on Raw & Smackdown. And he and Kalisto recently dropped the NXT Tag Team Titles.

It's because creative has been toying with a different gimmick for Kalisto. With the impending loss of Rey Mysterio, and the bust of Sin Cara, WWE is looking for a new masked star to take over, which would have been Kalisto, obviously.

But recently NXT officials tried Kalisto out with a new, unmasked gimmick: a gay hair stylist.

He blew away officials, no pun intended, with his portrayal, to the point that he is seriously being considered doing that gimmick instead of continuing with the Kalisto gimmick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2uobkb/new_gimmick_for_kalisto/

In better news:
    According to Wrestling Inc WWE has expressed interest in Mandy Leon of Ring of Honor.

Leon has appeared on a limited basis in Ring of Honor, mostly promoting their Pay Per Views on their weekly TV show while spending most of her time wrestling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania on independents such as UWE. Leon has appeared a few times on RAW as part of Adam Rose’s entourage in recent months.

Leon, who does not have a ROH contract, did a tryout at the WWE Performance Center in January.

Lads, lads, lads.

The line up for tonight:
    * Carmella vs. Emma
    * #1 Contender’s Tournament Semifinal Match: Baron Corbin vs. Adrian Neville
    * Becky Lynch vs. Bayley
    * #1 Contender’s Tournament Semifinal Match: Finn Balor vs. Hideo Itami

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It really is a balls it's not on til 1am!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

The gay hairdresser gimmick.

So i think this could work actually. I think the NXT audience would be the best place to try it as the would be the most receptive to it. If it dies on its arse there then kill it. Not sure about giving it to Kalisto as I'm not a fan of luchas losing their masks. Maybe Tye Dillinger? Not doing much else but has a lot of talent and a good "look"

The logo for the Special:
    20150201_EP_LIGHT_takeover_HOMEPAGE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Give it to Tyler breeze he's practically doing A similar gimmick already, let kalissto be mysterio version 2 he's fare better than sin cara anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I fear how WWE would handle a gay gimmick without being wildly stereotypical and OTT. I see a lot of ass slaps and kiss blowing coming our way. So basically Rico and Billy & Chuck again

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Watched this week's episode live. Flipping love the video package hyping Zayn Owens at the end of the show. If anyone on youtube wants to start editing it together with ROH Steen Generico hype packages I will not complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Heard Bryan Alvarez say there's nothing behind the hairdresser gimmick.

Crowd were awful for Balor/Itami chanting "we're not worthy", "marking out" etc. Ad breaks pissed me off too and the commentary was crap. Great match besides that.

Video package for Sami and Kev

http://vimeo.com/118775824

Next week's show should be a contender for show of the year, not sure about the women's four-way as I dislike these. Balor and Neville had a very good match in Japan a few years ago that is on Dailymotion - apparently it is the match Regal show HHH which turned them on to these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

X2fQrQZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Really enjoyed Balor vs Itami. looking forward to Neville vs Balor next week.

Owens vs Zayn should be a war. I can see Owens walk out with the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Tyler Breeze attacked Hideo Itami after NXT went off the air during a backstage interview. Don't be surprised to see Breeze vs Itami at the NXT special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Wow, that match between Balor and Itami was great!!!

Great wrestling throughout.I will be watching that match again and again several times until next week!!

Looking forward to Neville v Balor obviously but Neville sounded like he was bored on commentary. He needs to really 'up' the intensity as if things matter.

I hope Balor is just wrestling the guys he hasnt wrestled before or wants to wrestle again because he is clearly ready for RAW.He could confront Cena and wouldn't look out of place.Hopefully night after Mania he might debut but Rovert may know the score there.

Baron Corbin is very raw (excuse the pun) but he seems to be improving each time I see him which is great as he has loads of potential.Neville made the match better than I hoped!

Carmellas music is barely audible and sounds like a kid playing on a keyboard! She really needs new music to give her a bit of excitement coming out.

I'm glad Becky doesnt have that tartan or whatever it was, ring gear anymore.

Love the buildup to Zayn and Owens! Not sure who will win which is great.

Another great NXT show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I love Balor generally but ever since someone on here, rovert probably, mentioned "through the medium of interpretative dance" about his entrance it's beginning to annoy me. I keep thinking of The Dude's landlord in The Big Lebowski.

Enjoyed the show though. All the matches were decent. Becky is very slick in the ring. Looking forward to the show next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Lana/Carmella banter
    8huiHE.jpg

Funnily enough I was just thinking "how are they getting away with blatantly ripping off Iggy Azalea" when I was watching the show earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering how they would have the Corbin Neville match play out. Thought if Neville won it would be due to count out. Didn't expect a pin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Riley talking ****e made the main event a right pain in the head to watch. Had to mute it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

DM_7 wrote: »
    Riley talking ****e made the main event a right pain in the head to watch. Had to mute it in the end.

Main event was great, but it was always going to be. MY GOD Neville is so bad when he talks, just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Was actually pretty disappointed in three quarters of Balor/Itami lots of rest spots and Riley being his absolute worst on commentary and the ****e crowd really took it down a notch for me was expecting a lot more from it but it seems like as Rovert said to me on Twitter Zayn is the only person who excels in NXT main events consistently.

They actually both looked genuinely wrecked after the match. Might have been due to them taping a couple of singles matches on the one night.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering how they would have the Corbin Neville match play out. Thought if Neville won it would be due to count out. Didn't expect a pin.

Thought myself that they should have had Bull cost him directly with the count out, keeping him unpinned. I like watching Corbin, usually not into the monster squash characters but there's something very enigmatic and bad ass about him. Balor's entrance is fine but the theatrics obviously suit the painted up alter ego better.

Advertisement