Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Monokne wrote: »
    She's a competition bodybuilder. She has muscles. It doesn't come across as impressive on WWE television because she doesn't have the crazy definition year round and because in a company filled with Vince's steroid & HGH enhanced male bodybuilding monsters she looks comparatively normal, but she is very muscular. If you've seen her when she's peaked, it's undeniable, and she's done that since being on NXT TV. The below is at the Arnold Classic a couple months back.

I find her voice grates but she definitely has something, and for her experience level she's totally acceptable, bordering on good, in the ring.
    That 2nd pic of her back with that pose looks like a photo to accompany a creepypasta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Can't say I dislike her but she hasn't impressed me yet either. But I do like the head pat thing.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are building to a match with Devon. She trains at the performance centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Devon is gorgeous, I'd love to see her in the ring. They're definitely building towards something with Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 40,019 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks like it's not just me that thinks that they might be going with a Devon and Dana storyline. I can see it starting when Dana goes to tap Devon on the head and she grabs danas hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,019 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watching this weeks nxt and carmella is after improving in the ring and I really liked her finisher. She seems to have kind of found her own character while not changing it completely from what she is with enzo and cass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its not a case of the audience being smarter, its a case of mainstream media picking it up.
    Do you mean that it's become a thing for writers to point out how much a part of the show the audiences at Full Sail have become? They don't bother me too much.

Are Billie Kay and Peyton Royce genuinely different people? They were so interchangeable on this show. And their gear was the s**ts, particularly Peyton Royce. So uflattering. And as wrestling names go, that's right up there with Dolph Ziggler for worst I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It seems now like they're trying to give people "real" names without using their real names, yet have to try and keep them original. Look at Antonio Cesaro, Sami Zayn, etc. Seems to be rare that anyone gets a gimmicky name.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It seems now like they're trying to give people "real" names without using their real names, yet have to try and keep them original. Look at Antonio Cesaro, Sami Zayn, etc. Seems to be rare that anyone gets a gimmicky name.
    Who is Antonio Cesaro? Is he any relation to Cesaro of WWE fame? :confused::D;)

I heard that he stole Aksana from Theodore Long, but it didn't work out for them in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

How sad are these gobsh*tes to scroll back years on someone's Twitter to find potentially offensive comments. Obviously she shouldn't have used them but come on! I think her age comes into it too. She is only 18/19 now so was probably 16 or so at the time. Who wasn't a bit of a knob at 16? I'd say I probably was.

There are creeps who creep over women wrestlers, ring into radio shows to talk about them in a super creepy manner, argue that mixed gender matches are about equality, send tweets to them and so on. Doesn't surprise me one bit that a few head the balls have gone trawling through several years worth of postings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Main event for the next Takeover announced at the tonight's tapings...
    Bayley vs Sasha in a 30 minute Ironwoman match.

Sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Main event for the next Takeover announced at the tonight's tapings...
    Bayley vs Sasha in a 30 minute Ironwoman match.

Sounds cool.
    This has become a theme in a lot of Takeover main events, it's painfully obvious who is going to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

This has become a theme in a lot of Takeover main events, it's painfully obvious who is going to win
    They're not going to take the title off Bayley yet no matter who she'd be up against so it'd be predictable either way

About 25 of the 30 Wrestlemania main events had winners which were painfully obvious going in. It's good business.

Come to think of it, other than the Cena match at Summerslam, every single WWE title match since Wrestlemania has had a painfully obvious conclusion too.

I'm not so sure now, I thought they added a nice bit of intrigue to a few of those matches. I also think that Night Of Champions isn't that clear-cut, with a few potential scenarios happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is it just me that read the last page and when I read Devon was wrestling I 1st thought of Dudley?

montyrebel wrote: »
    is it just me that read the last page and when I read Devon was wrestling I 1st thought of Dudley?

He'll always be D'Von to me! Devon is his TNA spelling

I always spell it D-Von. Was that spelling used anywhere? I obviously read it in one of the magazines!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kana has been renamed : Asuka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pentecost wrote: »
    They're not going to take the title off Bayley yet no matter who she'd be up against so it'd be predictable either way
    If she was against Dana Brooke or Eva Marie there'd be doubt in my mind

If she was against Dana Brooke or Eva Marie there'd be doubt in my mind
    Especially with Eva Marie, who has the rocket strapped to her back, glad they havent gone down that road yet though Im guessing December is when she gets her shot which is miles too early anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Especially with Eva Marie, who has the rocket strapped to her back, glad they havent gone down that road yet though Im guessing December is when she gets her shot which is miles too early anyway
    Not in Bayley's first defence though surely? If it was her second or subsequent one then absolutely

Pentecost wrote: »
    Not in Bayley's first defence though surely? If it was her second or subsequent one then absolutely
    The way Eva Marie is being positioned and fast tracked up the card, I wouldnt be surprised to see Eva Marie get a pin if the match was on the next NXT Takeover, whther we like it or not, Eva Marie is happeneing

i fúcking hate Eva Marie

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    i fúcking hate Eva Marie

Eva Marie is very, very green and gaining a fare amount of heat from the NXT fans and her fellow divas for her push. Shes not ready but Vince seems content on making a new Sable type character. Maybe in a year, with the right attitude could be ready for some type of push but not right now.

She will be a heat magnet, for sure but her matches have been painful to watch so far.

Eva Marie is very, very green and gaining a fare amount of heat from the NXT fans and her fellow divas for her push. Shes not ready but Vince seems content on making a new Sable type character. Maybe in a year, with the right attitude could be ready for some type of push but not right now.

She will be a heat magnet, for sure but her matches have been painful to watch so far.

It's like she's moving in treacle!

She's entirely plastic looking to me, from her nose to her boobs

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's like she's moving in treacle!

She's entirely plastic looking to me, from her nose to her :eek: :eek:s

Its not her look that irks me, its her attitude. She is being fast tracked to the top by Vince and E! yet doesnt seem to bothered with opportunity she has to learn. Shes got her own trainer in Brian Kendrick and is given a lot more attention than an diva before her and yet still has a lazy attitude in relation to learning.

She'd be better served as a manager ala Lana or Summer Rae rather than a wrestler IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

They have the best group of female wrestlers they've ever had and Vince pushes the utterly useless Eva Marie! Epic trolling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

The girlfriend was telling me that on total Divas it shows that Eva Marie has been assigned to The Rock's manager to make her the next big star apparently. What a fúcking crock of shít

Advertisement