Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They have the best group of female wrestlers they've ever had and Vince pushes the utterly useless Eva Marie! Epic trolling!

Hes set in his ways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The girlfriend was telling me that on total Divas..

Sure, sure she was..

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Question - not looking speculation but is there any actual factual knowledge that it's Vince interfering in NXT to push Eva Marie?

I thought HHH was relatively autonomous in that regard.

I actually like her just as a wind up. Same as Dana. If it rankles with the Full Sail Crowd, that's one of the few ways left to get heat.

SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF NXT TAPINGS
    Dark

1. The Hype Bros. beat Riddick Moss and Elias Sampson.

September 16 show

The show opened with Tyler Breeze in the ring. Adam Rose came out to poop on his party, followed by Bull Dempsey who is now immensely popular with the Cult of Full Sail. Breeze and Bull bickered and wanted to fight, but Breeze said he had a match with Rose set instead. Bull asked Rose to leave and got a slap in return. Bull attacked Rose, Breeze attacked Bull, and then Bull made a comeback and Breeze fled.

1. Tye Dillinger over Martin Stone.

2. Apollo Crews pinned Solomon Crowe.

3. Baron Corbin and Rhyno beat Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

4. NXT Women's Champion Bayley def. Mary Dobson. Before the match, Bayley went out to celebrate in the crowd and brought Izzy into the ring. Post-match, Sasha came out and insincerely congratulated Bayley. Sasha said that Bayley was only better than her for three seconds. Bayley said that she's building her legacy and granted Sasha her rematch. NXT GM William Regal came out and announced that on the October 7 Takeover show (which will take place at Full Sail) Bayley will defend her NXT Women's Championship in a 30-minute ironwoman match against Sasha Banks, and that will be the main event of that show.

September 23 show

1. Chad Gable and Jason Jordan beat Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

2. Eva Marie won against Carmella via count-out

3. Tyler Breeze pinned Bull Dempsey with his feet on the ropes.

William Regal came out and introduced Kana, who is now wrestling under the name Asuka. Dana Brooke and Emma came out and bullied Asuka. They told her to leave, and she did so with a smirk on her face which said "I'm going to kill them."

4. The Vaudevillains defeated Blake and Murphy to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships. Blue Pants ran out and chased Alexa Bliss off mid-match.

September 30

1. Apollo Crews over Johnny Gargano.

2. Dana Brooke and Emma beat Peyton Royce and Billie Kay.

3. Tyler Breeze pinned Tommaso Ciampa. Interestingly, Breeze won following the Unprettier/Killswitch.

4. Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Question - not looking speculation but is there any actual factual knowledge that it's Vince interfering in NXT to push Eva Marie?

I thought HHH was relatively autonomous in that regard.

I actually like her just as a wind up. Same as Dana. If it rankles with the Full Sail Crowd, that's one of the few ways left to get heat.

I don't believe it's a Vince thing. I believe all the higher ups in the company - Hunter included - are high on her based on the look.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its not her look that irks me, its her attitude. She is being fast tracked to the top by Vince and E! yet doesnt seem to bothered with opportunity she has to learn. Shes got her own trainer in Brian Kendrick and is given a lot more attention than an diva before her and yet still has a lazy attitude in relation to learning.

She'd be better served as a manager ala Lana or Summer Rae rather than a wrestler IMO

Just curious here - what gives you the impression she has a lazy attitude to training? I haven't read anything in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

From the sounds of things people seem to think she's the same character portrayed on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't believe it's a Vince thing. I believe all the higher ups in the company - Hunter included - are high on her based on the look.

Yep, she made into Maxim's top 100 hottest women list last year. I'm guessing they're hoping she'll be a big deal that'll get them loads of mainstream attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Eva isn't even good looking.

Those dead eyes, her face literally doesn't move.

Her body is a piece of work, created by a surgeon.

Give me Alexa or most of the other girls any day personally.

Give me Eva Marie before Alexa Bliss any day of the week, personally. That's the great thing about personal preference. Realistically though, are any of the women that good looking if you take away the make-up and all of the hair extensions and God knows what else they use to make themselves look that way? They're good looking, but totally not natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

WWE has confirmed the signing of Athena. Starting to believe that the might be serious about this divas revolution now. Athena, Kana and Sarita as a trainer all confirmed plus Nikki Storm rumoured. Women's division is going to be on fire soon enough.

If you are not familiar with Athena then do yourself a favour and watch the video. I'm excited about this one. She has star written all over her

http://youtu.be/z52UvuRe8ZE

WWE has confirmed the signing of Athena. Starting to believe that the might be serious about this divas revolution now. Athena, Kana and Sarita as a trainer all confirmed plus Nikki Storm rumoured. Women's division is going to be on fire soon enough.

If you are not familiar with Athena then do yourself a favour and watch the video. I'm excited about this one. She has star written all over her

http://youtu.be/z52UvuRe8ZE

She doesn't hold back, does she? Looks stiff as hell.

Guessing she'll be told to dial that back a little in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Give me Eva Marie before Alexa Bliss any day of the week, personally. That's the great thing about personal preference. Realistically though, are any of the women that good looking if you take away the make-up and all of the hair extensions and God knows what else they use to make themselves look that way? They're good looking, but totally not natural.
    Same as any good looking girl around town on a sat night

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bayley is really showing how over she is with kids anyway going by the latest episode.

So were the smiles on Sasha and Bayley due to the match being announced, because they realise what they're achieving in main eventing NXT or just because they're enjoying themselves? I would say a combination

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Same as any good looking girl around town on a sat night
    Yeah. So I think it's a case of different strokes for different folks. Some guys would probably think that Eva Marie is the hottest woman in the whole company. Personally I think that honour has to go to the fine wine that is L. Garcia.

I can't stand Maryse for instance. Out of all of them, I prefer our Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky's a stunner no doubt about it. Always was. I like Sasha though she just has something about her and her podcast with Jericho made me an even bigger fan too. Personal taste though obviously.

For sure, Becky is gorgeous and I think she's probably the best looking of the actual wrestling women on the roster. The one caveat that comes with that: now that Layla is gone.

Speaking of Becky, that "irrelevant" line from Paige might turn out to be true. Guessing she'll be in a feud with Paige while Charlotte has her rematch with Nikki and then it'll be Paige and Charlotte.

Can see Becky getting lost in the pack. Sasha too, which is dumb.

Sasha's the most charismatic wrestler, of both genders, on the roster.

• Advertisement

Brother I don't mean to be disrespectful but you can't really be suggesting she's more charisma than Lesnar or Taker?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Or Seth Rollins, Xavier Woods, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, HHH etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Or Seth Rollins, Xavier Woods, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, HHH etc?

That man is a god. Trombone version of Rusev's theme while Rusev was fighting was in the top 10 things of anything ever, anywhere in the world... and I don't just mean in wrestling.

Monokne wrote: »
    Brother I don't mean to be disrespectful but you can't really be suggesting she's more charisma than Lesnar or Taker?

Odd examples to pick, Lesnar has precisely zero charisma, Taker not that much better now!

If you'd said Kevin Owens I'd have agreed.

Odd examples to pick, Lesnar has precisely zero charisma, Taker not that much better now!

If you'd said Kevin Owens I'd have agreed.

Seriously, give over. Charisma ≠ Mic Skills

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    That man is a god. Trombone version of Rusev's theme while Rusev was fighting was in the top 10 things of anything ever, anywhere in the world... and I don't just mean in wrestling.

Did you see him doing the Gonna Fly Now theme from Rocky at NOC?

Seriously, give over. Charisma ≠ Mic Skills

Lesnar has presence, not charisma. Not the same thing.

Lesnar has presence, not charisma. Not the same thing.

Ah here if we're getting pedantic.

Merriam-Webster defines charisma as;

a special charm or appeal that causes people to feel attracted and excited by someone.

He definitely has that appeal that excites people.

Cambridge Online defines charisma as;

a ​special ​power that some ​people have ​naturally that makes them ​able to ​influence other ​people and ​attract ​their ​attention and ​admiration:

Pretty much describes Brock. Attracts attention and admiration. Has the influence of a special attraction.

Ah here if we're getting pedantic.

Merriam-Webster defines charisma as;

a special charm or appeal that causes people to feel attracted and excited by someone.

He definitely has that appeal that excites people.

Cambridge Online defines charisma as;

a ​special ​power that some ​people have ​naturally that makes them ​able to ​influence other ​people and ​attract ​their ​attention and ​admiration:

Pretty much describes Brock. Attracts attention and admiration. Has the influence of a special attraction.

He oozes charisma, he just cant speak in front of a crowd in the way others can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

charisma can come in different ways brock defiantly has it just not in a manner like the rock he does it with words, brock does it with fighting and has the presence

Advertisement