Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He oozes charisma, he just cant speak in front of a crowd in the way others can.

That's exactly what I said brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is there a clip anywhere of Woods playing Rusev's theme on the trombone? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On the regular roster Sasha carries herself and has a presence about her that very few can live upto.

The change from where she started to now is amazing. She is the stand out and poster person for what WWE development should produce when they sign young wrestlers.

She also looks like she is in an actual physical contest when she wrestles. Not like a person doing the next spot or just soft.

I do think she is worthy of getting classed as one of the best on the roster. It's booking of her division that hold her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Charisma synonyms in the dictionary:
    Charm, presence, aura, personality, force of personality, strength of character, individuality.

Brock Lesnar is the definition of charisma. To ooze that presence and individuality without ever speaking is something no one else in pro wrestling or MMA can do.

Sasha has the biggest aura of any of the women on the roster. She's a terrific in ring performer and she's good on the mic too. But please people, she's not Brock Lesnar.

More of a bridging episode last night, promos and backstage videos etc. I really liked Enzo and Cass and Samoa Joe and Finn Balor's VT's, Joe especially has an aura of cool badass about him when he speaks. There's defo a Joe vs Balor fight down the line, you can see subtle hints to it. I'd love to see that match.

NXT General Manager William Regal introduced us to new signing Kana, who's name changed to Asuka on the tron when she stepped out. Was it just me or his Regal already botched her name by calling her 'Aska', along the same lines as Youmanga for Umaga! Seems to me it should sound like A-sooka, no?

The next supercard is called NXT Takeover: Respect and for the first time ever will feature a female main event, and rightly so. Champion Bayley takes on Sasha Banks in a 30 minute Ironman (should be Ironwoman) match. These two ladies deserve this. Should be a classic.

Other matches due for it are the semi finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team classic with the aforementioned Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs Finn Balor and Samoa Joe still to come in the quarter final. Other teams vying for places are Rhyno & Baron Corbin, Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson, the Hype Bros and the talented duo of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable.

Another match nailed on is Tyler Breeze vs Apollo Crews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Omackeral wrote: »
    NXT General Manager William Regal introduced us to new signing Kana, who's name changed to Asuka on the tron when she stepped out. Was it just me or his Regal already botched her name by calling her 'Aska', along the same lines as Youmanga for Umaga! Seems to me it should sound like A-sooka, no?

No, "Aska" is definitely the correct pronunciation.

Similar to Nakamura's given name of Shinsuke, the 'u' doesn't really have a sound so it's pronounced more like "Shins-kay".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

She actually told a fan on Twitter how it's meant to be pronounced and it's the way William Regal pronounced it. She has a great look and I'm pretty excited to see her in the ring.

Everyday is a school day, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

Where's "Trevor backwards" when you need to know everything!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Really impressed with Asuka's mannerisms, didn't know she could act so well as well as murder people.

Excited.

#prayfordana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I liked how the smile got Dana and Emma worried.

The pin on Eva Marie looked like she was about to pop out.

Look forward to Joe/Finn vs Cass/Enzo. Liked the reaction from Joe hitting the title. Made Finn a bit suspicious/paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tumblr_nv5ozhDjU41u1ljrzo1_500.gif

A Diva with a genuine dangerously deranged gimmick (not that AJ crazy chick nonsense) could be interesting.

Guessing Vince would have a panic attack if one of the Divas came out to the ring looking like this. Would be cool though.

Would Triple H have an issue if she introduced that kind of thing on NXT though? Hopefully not. She felt like a big deal straight off the bat on the show last night anyway, which is good.

Finn Balor literally tearing the house down/blowing the roof off.

12063759_965956570110064_7864276083620235922_n.jpg?oh=d38de0b5a04cac7e4a2cd73eff5398c1&oe=569E972D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Didn't that happen a few weeks ago too? Or is that the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Yep it's the second time that's happened.

I wasn't sure about the segment where Asuka debuted, until that look she threw them at the end. I do like the idea of Team Disingenuous attempting to bully all the new talent coming into NXT. I've heard talks of Athena debuting as Asuka's partner much like Balor debuted to help out Itami

Seems strange they appear to be treating Bobbie and Peyton as a tag team with matching outfits and all. Unless they're thinking of going with a women's tag division.

So how does the tag tournament work? I thought the final would be at the next live show, but looks like that's the semis. Does that mean the final will be recorded?

And what are the odds Breeze names his new finisher the Unprettier?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Uh, I'm Bobby, she's Billie ;) Perhaps they will actually bring in tag titles. There's definitely been talks about it and there are almost too many bankable stars now to just have one title. If Charlotte is the champ and feuds with Paige then that also leaves Sasha, Becky, The Bellas etc. underutilised. Maybe a tag tourney to crown champions could use some NXT girls. You already have the Bellas, then Team BAD, Charlotte and Becky could fill a spot too - or else Becky and Natalya. Then on NXT there's Team Disingenuous and Billie & Peyton (who should totally be called 'Team Aussome'), and they could put Athena together with Nia Jax when she debuts. It's a lot more viable now than say a couple of years ago

They'd want to get as many of them in on that as possible to make it not go the same direction as the last few months of the Divas Revolution. Summer Rae could start wrestling again, perhaps. Eva Marie is another one that might improve if she's put into a tag team situation on a regular basis. She could spend some time learning from someone else that way, a bit like Roman Reigns picking things up supposedly from Seth Rollins & Ambrose.

Tag title for the women is a terrible idea. The divas title still feels meaningless because there are only about 4 - 6 viable champions on the roster, so a tag title would have a max of 4 teams who could hold it. Considering the little time the tag titles get as is, imagine how low priority it would be.

Plus the entire concept of being champion is it's meant to be special and not just 'everyone gets a turn'. You've got maybe 10 women on NXT between Dana, Emma, Asuka, Billie, Peyton, Carmella, Eva, Blue Pants, Alexa and Bayley. 1 champion in 10 people is fine.

• Advertisement

I'd say better chance of a tag division in NXT than the main roster since they're not exactly handling the singles division well and they have more trouble with a tag division. Besides do we really want a pair of Divas titles which would probably be in the shape of flowers or something.

I hope they don't try and make Dana look too strong against Asuka. I think Asuka should win quickly, unless there's interference from Emma.

I don't know about that. Dana has something. She's got real presence, and the company is behind her. There are a dearth of people who've both got company backing and actually have presence right now. I suppose it wouldn't kill her to get jobbed out here.

Lots of love for Asuka around, must ask, have many of you seen a lot of her work?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I'm not a fan of anybody being completely jobbed out. I want to see a competitive match with enough back and forth so both get the chance to shine. With Asuka winning of course. Maybe Emma interferes and costs Dana the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just got done with this weeks tv. Asuka looks like a star already. Im no fan of Dana so her being Brooklyn Brawler to Asukas Ultimate Warrior is fine by me. Like the little twist on Balor intro and the leather jacket look is pretty sweet. I actually think its gonna be Finn turning on Joe and going heel. Programmes with Joe, Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami would be great for a heel Finn.

I also hope its Team America (Gable+Jordon) against The Mechanics in the Finals. Establish 2 teams at once. Bayley and Sasha has been built brilliant. And I was really impressed by Gargano and Ciampa on the show. Gargano looked like an experienced WWE tv worker and having seen a good bit of Ciampa on RoH tv last year he defo seems to have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    Just got done with this weeks tv. Asuka looks like a star already. Im no fan of Dana so her being Brooklyn Brawler to Asukas Ultimate Warrior is fine by me. Like the little twist on Balor intro and the leather jacket look is pretty sweet. I actually think its gonna be Finn turning on Joe and going heel. Programmes with Joe, Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami would be great for a heel Finn.

Ive begun to think that myself and it would explain Itami's attack nicely. It could give Balor the much need personaility he sorely needs on TV.

Thats exactly my thinking too. Finn took out Itami so he could get the title shot etc...

I think we might see the start of the Bálor Club on screen properly next week. There's just something telling me that maybe he'll have someone run in after he turns on Samoa Joe. Maybe I'm completely off the mark on that one altogether but hey, if it happens it would be cool. I'm really looking forward to the iron (wo)man match and I have every faith that the 2 of them will blow us all away. At least we know they'll have enough time to do that in. Can anyone tell me why The Vaudevillains aren't defending their championships at TakeOver?

I think we might see the start of the Bálor Club on screen properly next week. There's just something telling me that maybe he'll have someone run in after he turns on Samoa Joe. Maybe I'm completely off the mark on that one altogether but hey, if it happens it would be cool. I'm really looking forward to the iron (wo)man match and I have every faith that the 2 of them will blow us all away. At least we know they'll have enough time to do that in. Can anyone tell me why The Vaudevillains aren't defending their championships at TakeOver?

Because there is already gonna be 3 tag team matches on the card. A tag title defense isnt needed

Is the final on as well as the semi finals?

• Advertisement

Alright man. It just feels like there should be seeing as every other show they do is taped like.

Advertisement