Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah just found the lineup

Bayley vs. Sasha Banks in a 30 minute Iron Man match for the NXT Women's championship

The Finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, featuring the winners of:

Rhyno & Baron Corbin vs. Chad Gable & Jason Jordan
    Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder vs. Finn Bálor & Samoa Joe

Tyler Breeze vs. Apollo Crews

Asuka vs. Dana Brooke

So Bayley, Gable/Jordan, Crews and Asuka, I'm guessing as winners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

[FantasyBooking]So Finn turns heel, is revealed as Itami's mystery attacker, Itami returns to confront him immediately after the turn, great stuff.[/FantasyBooking]

That would be nice to see, I think it'd be a nice device if they later explain his heelish tendencies as him tapping into his dark side too often and it corrupting him or whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea semis and final are on the live show. I think Gable+Jordon win it. Finn to turn heel. Bayley to retain. Tyler to beat Crews. And Asuka to (hopefully) destroy Dana.

Alright man. It just feels like there should be seeing as every other show they do is taped like.

What has the shows being taped got to do with the titles being defended? Not sure I understand your point

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think he means Vaudevilains only seem to defend on taped shows and as champs they should defend on live shows. I agree since it seems that's the only time the titles are likely to change these days.

Actually, when/what was the last title to change hands at a taped show?

Didnt Blake and Murphy win them at a set of tapings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think so.

Have to say, Dana does seem to be improving, feels like she's a good bit more comfortable in the ring now. More than can be said for Eva.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Is it weird that I kinda want Eva Marie to stay terrible? It's like her gimmick at this point. She's bad. Everybody knows she's bad. She knows she's bad and her crowd reactions back that up. If she improved what would be her USP. Oooohh she's got red hair!!!

I enjoy watching her matches, obviously not for the athletic content, for the same reason I enjoy watching horror movies. It's that cringe factor thing where you know you shouldn't watch it but you cannot turn away from it. Terrible but entertaining at the same time. And wrestling needs that sometimes. At least the other girls can look at her and go "Well at least im not that bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

#AllBotchEverything!

If you watched one of her matches in slo mo it would take up a whole episode of NXT

You mean it's not slo-mo already?

Mind. Blown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is the final on as well as the semi finals?

Yes it is.

LeeJM wrote: »
    If you watched one of her matches in slo mo it would take up a whole episode of NXT

Doesn't that essentially just mean she has long matches? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

not to be petty but if you watched any match in slow enough slow mo then it would take up the whole of NXT :cool: :pac:

but yeah she's terrible, I dunno if she had X-pac heat or real heat

Enjoyed this weeks episode. Crews v Gargano was very good. Dare I say it but Crews is a little.....meh or something. Brilliant in the ring but charisma wise he's just a little lacking. Mind you I felt the same about Neville.

Highlight for me was Emma deliberately pulling her hand away from the child's high five. I howled!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I kinda want Samoa Joe to be the one that turns heel. I was surprised they didn't bring him in as a heel. I'm probably just a wee bit biased that I want Finn Balor to be the face. Him getting revealed as the attacker almost seems too obvious a choice. It's like I'm expecting a swerve, when the swerve will probably be that there is no swerve at all.

I have a feeling Asuka will dominate most of the match, only for Emma to interfere and help Dana get a dirty win. They seem to be booking Team Disingenuous as the bullies of NXT and they have no strong heels, so cheating Asuka out of a win does get good heat. And if they have her dominate the match, she won't look weak in losing. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends with a two-on-one beatdown and then Nia Jax debuts to help Asuka fend off Emma and Dana.

How many specials in a row has Tyler Breeze been the opening match for? I know they're always good and he usually sets the pace nicely but it seems like such a stagnant spot to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yep it's the second time that's happened.

I wasn't sure about the segment where Asuka debuted, until that look she threw them at the end. I do like the idea of Team Disingenuous attempting to bully all the new talent coming into NXT. I've heard talks of Athena debuting as Asuka's partner much like Balor debuted to help out Itami
    I have a feeling Asuka will dominate most of the match, only for Emma to interfere and help Dana get a dirty win. They seem to be booking Team Disingenuous as the bullies of NXT and they have no strong heels, so cheating Asuka out of a win does get good heat. And if they have her dominate the match, she won't look weak in losing. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends with a two-on-one beatdown and then Nia Jax debuts to help Asuka fend off Emma and Dana.

Where are you hearing this name? Haven't heard it before.

Commentators keep saying it's their name. Not that they've made much of an effort to get it over. I've heard them say it at least five times.

I kinda want Samoa Joe to be the one that turns heel. I was surprised they didn't bring him in as a heel. I'm probably just a wee bit biased that I want Finn Balor to be the face. Him getting revealed as the attacker almost seems too obvious a choice. It's like I'm expecting a swerve, when the swerve will probably be that there is no swerve at all.

How many specials in a row has Tyler Breeze been the opening match for? I know they're always good and he usually sets the pace nicely but it seems like such a stagnant spot to be in.

Joe makes sense as the heel. He got a great pop first night in and there was no other choice but to bring him in as a baby. But he is very cold and has been almost since that first night. He's had no particularly good matches or promos.

No problem with Breeze in that spot. It's a prelim gimmick. He can get relatively high maybe on NXT but on the main roster he'll drown. He's nothing special anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eva well on her way to becoming the Cena of the women's division...

nJX6pX2.jpg

That is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hopefully she wins the women's belt sooner rather than later.

God I'd love to see the nerds crying.

Anyone got any updates on Carmella's injury? I read it was just a stinger she got off a bad bump. And some reports say Eva kicked her in the head.

Hopefully she wins the women's belt sooner rather than later.

God I'd love to see the nerds crying.

Strikes me as a curious reason for a booking decision.

Which nerds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Monokne wrote: »
    Strikes me as a curious reason for a booking decision.

Which nerds?

The full sail crowd mainly.

"Dirt sheet" writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I think there's a difference between seeing someone like Dana win the belt, as at least she has potential and I like her character, but Eva is genuinely awful and giving her the strap just to annoy the smarks isn't a good enough reason.

The full sail crowd mainly.

"Dirt sheet" writers.

No offence bro but we are discussing pro wrestling on a message board, neither of us are in position to be calling people nerds :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yea semis and final are on the live show. I think Gable+Jordon win it. Finn to turn heel. Bayley to retain. Tyler to beat Crews. And Asuka to (hopefully) destroy Dana.

What has the shows being taped got to do with the titles being defended? Not sure I understand your point
    There's more intrigue watching a match where you don't know the outcome already.

Well it would depend on the way they booked it. For example Stephanie made a great Women's Champion. Precisely because she won it so disingenuously and walked around as if she'd earned it. And it led to Lita winning the title in the main event of Raw, with The Rock as the special guest referee. So if they wanted to promote a new babyface for when Bayley heads up to the main roster, grooming her to dethrone Eva would get whoever it is insanely over. But of course Eva would still need to keep training and keep working more matches to improve.

Well it would depend on the way they booked it. For example Stephanie made a great Women's Champion. Precisely because she won it so disingenuously and walked around as if she'd earned it. And it led to Lita winning the title in the main event of Raw, with The Rock as the special guest referee. So if they wanted to promote a new babyface for when Bayley heads up to the main roster, grooming her to dethrone Eva would get whoever it is insanely over. But of course Eva would still need to keep training and keep working more matches to improve.

I can think of zero criteria under which Stephanie was a great woman's champion. Literally my only memory of it that's positive was the match she lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was pretty annoying for me as a young fan when she held that title as an ornament so long.

Advertisement