Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea Rovert would normally post full results from every Full Sail taping but at least he had the decency to spoiler them. So based on that ruling I can now go copy an paste the full taping results in this thread now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

LeeJM wrote: »
    Yea Rovert would normally post full results from every Full Sail taping but at least he had the decency to spoiler them. So based on that ruling I can now go copy an paste the full taping results in this thread now?

You could if you wanted. Not sure how well that would work out with the rule about posting results mind you.

When in doubt, use spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gimmick wrote: »
    Lads, there is going to be some element of spoilers on any PW forum. We could put *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* on every thread, but that would look silly. Ye know yourselves at this stage.

That's true but using a spoiler tag takes two seconds. It's just a bit of courtesy for stuff that hasn't aired yet. Chip has put one onto his post in fairness. Don't mean to moan or challenge you btw, its just fair game for non aired stuff I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think that is an almost unwritten rule tbh. I suppose we should write it!

I know you are not challenging me, no bother there.

But my point remains, that there will always be some level of spoilers on any PW forum.

You can also stay clear of spoilers if you navigate in a certain way though. For example, I stay off other PW news sites leading up to the rumble for fear of spoilers in thread titles and such. I consider boards a 'safe' spot spoilers wise and would have no bother coming on here after a raw or PPV and thinking I'd see spoilers in thread titles.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Asuka's debut. She seems to love the sport and she's so good at it. Her strikes, chain wrestling and submissions are all so crisp.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable had their coming out party on that show. Great chemistry and are pretty much full on faces now. JJ has a great look and Chad is so charismatic and the crowd loves him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think the wall of spoiler text rovert used to do while appreciated - was annoying to read when highlighted! maybe put taping results in a quote box with a spoiler warning in bold before it wouod be good - then discussion on said results could use spoiler tags!

Just my €0.02c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Gutted that Jordan and Gable didn't win the tournament outright. They're my favourite act on the show, ever since the slow build of them forming a team to Jordan eventually accepting Gable. Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

After all the hype I've read about Peyton Royce and Jessie Kay, it seems to me that both acts are simply there to job in NXT.

They almost seem like the same character to me. Hopefully they get a chance now that Becky etc have moved up to main roster. ATM though, they're just plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    After all the hype I've read about Peyton Royce and Jessie Kay, it seems to me that both acts are simply there to job in NXT.

They almost seem like the same character to me. Hopefully they get a chance now that Becky etc have moved up to main roster. ATM though, they're just plain.

Bayley and Sasha Banks were in the same position. Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Apologies about the lack of spoiler tags, I was very tired when I posted and it never even entered my head as I was on my phone. In my defence, I thought I had seen someone post a pic of it already in the gossip thread but that was probably spoiler tagged.

Anyway, I'll hold my hands up, sorry lads, Omackerel and Palo Alto in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Gutted that Jordan and Gable didn't win the tournament outright. They're my favourite act on the show, ever since the slow build of them forming a team to Jordan eventually accepting Gable. Very well done.

They are still fairly new on the scene as a team and judging by how well they have gelled and how over they are, their time will come

gerrybbadd wrote: »

They only signed in May, they have plenty of time to grow and Im guessing they will be more prominent in a years time or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Sasha was on TV for nearly a year before she got anything remotely resembling character attention. Billie and Peyton's time will come.

Sasha was on TV for nearly a year before she got anything remotely resembling character attention. Billie and Peyton's time will come.

I wonder will Athena get the Peyton Royce treatment or will she be hyped up ala Asuka and Nia Jax?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've a feeling they will give Athena some hype even if she may not get long vignettes, she for instance could do a run in attack on someone like Nia / Asuka as the commentators really big her up "OMG it's Athena" then list off the reasons why she is great etc as you have an instant feud to give her attention.

Billie and Peyton I feel debuted very early to fill out the division with Sasha, Charlotte & Becky heading to Raw but are still very much so in their developmental stage as notmally acts wouldn't sign and debut as quick as they have unless they are already the near finished package (Owens for example)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That wrestler now in spoiler tags featured on wwe website. People like that will help the network show and newer talent a lot. Also a good face for the travelling brand that is to appeal to older fans.

My latest piece on the guys who seem to be in WWE developmental forever.......

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/10/12/spinning-their-wheels-the-nxt-stars-who-are-forever-in-developmental/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

sky88 wrote: »
    I get the feeling with hhh that each show would have a distinct feel to it like the difference now between raw/smackdown and nxt.
    I've heard it said for years that he likes NWA-style booking. I've seen that on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I've heard it said for years that he likes NWA-style booking. I've seen that on NXT.

well he grew up a huge fan of flair, harley race so i would think your right there

Well, I probably heard that said about him in the late 1990s before I even knew Race that well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Race is always an issue.

NXT is king when it comes to kickstarting feuds. We have 4 or 5 from this week's episode alone, some of which came from a battle royal. You have Joe vs Tyler Breeze, Baron Corbin vs Rhyno (not new, but new dynamic), Alexa Bliss vs Bayley and Finn Balor to meet Apollo Crews. All in one week. Plus you have Dash&Dawson calling out the Vaudevillains and Enzo and Cass. Great work NXT!

Nia Jax looked a bit frumpy. That's probably not fair to say but her outfit was awful, very unflattering. Should've been dark like her vignettes, in a similar vain to Tamina's look. Also her music was not intimidating. They need her to be full heel.

Nice too see some undercard talent in the battle royal too such as Steve Cutler, Elias Samson, Danny Burch etc. Proper old school feel having lower tier guys in there. None of them were immediately jobbed straight away either. New Kiwi diva named Evie looks like the new enhancer for the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I didn't really get whether Nia Jax was supposed to be a face or a heel. Going by her size you immediately think heel but then she's smiling and the crowd are behind her so she gives off face vibes. I suppose we'll know when she gets into her first fued. I didn't see enough of her offence to say about her ability yet.

I do think it's a positive step forward for the women that someone like Nia can even be on TV without being treated as a joke. That wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.

Good episode this week. Alexa v Bayley is an interesting side fued. Haven't seen Alexa wrestle in a while so hopefully her and Bayley can put on a decent match or two.

Dash and Dawson v Vaudevillians should be quality but I'd prefer Jordan and Gable to be in the mix.

Asuka is genuinely creepy and Dana was hilarious in that backstage bit.

I've never really enjoyed battle royales. Too many people to try watch with very little actually happening.
    Wouldn't have picked Apollo as the winner as he comes across very bland too me. Are the Full Sail crowd starting to turn on Samoa Joe? Almighty cheer for Breeze at the end when he eliminated Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Full sail crowd were more annoying than usual last night

Why are people so fixated on the Full Sail University crowd, do they affect enjoyment that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am glad that Apollo Crews is #1 contender for NXT championship because he has not lived up to hype just yet and this would be a great opportunity for him to showcase himself with Balor. I think he needs to get a new theme song, because his current one sounds very generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yep the crowd were at their dirt worst this week. Gonna make the next couple of weeks of tv a lot less enjoyable. I was delighted to hear they didnt put tickets for the next set of tapings on sale at the tapings just done. They really are getting to Impact Zone levels of bad.

Anyway an ok show this week. Bayley and Alexa should be a fun feud and I dont think anyone will be expecting any MOTY candidates from them.

Nia Jaxs debut was awful IMO. Everything was wrong about it. Her music, her outfit, her mannerisms in ring, the only positive was her Rock Bottom style finisher looked vicious. She needed to be presented similar to Karma and instead she was just this muddled mess. Not good.

Dash and Dawson cut a fine promo. Love everything about them and the matching jackets similar to the BrainBusters back in the day is a great touch. I think they will be the next team up to the main roster and a fine addition they will be.

Battle Royale was fine for what it was. Helped reignite the Corbin Rhyno feud and by the looks of it start a Breeze Samoa Joe feud which will be fun if Joe has his working boots on. Crews challenging Balor should be interesting and I think definitively points to Finn going heel as all the top challengers are faces now.

I was convinced that Samoa Joe was going to win that battle royal and we were going to get the match we were all predicting. Hopefully Crews and Balor can put on a decent match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

What did the crowd do last night that was so bad? Only time I noticed them was Batleys in ring segment, Nia Jaxs debut and when Johnny Gargano got thrown out..

It was awesome when ENZO threw out dash and wilder, they went nuts, they then cheered Dillenger and then went made for Bullfit.....they participated, and I would prefer that atmosphere then a dead crowd.

• Advertisement

This widespread hatred of the Full Sail crowd comes across as sour grapes to me!

Advertisement