Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I've never really understood the criticism of the Full Sail crowd. They are having fun and making the most of their experience. I'd rather them than a dead silent crowd who barely react.

I've seen it said that they create this false sense of 'overness' in that the talent can get a great reaction in Full Sail but bomb elsewhere or on the main roster. Adam Rose being the prime example. Is that really the Full Sail crowds fault though or is it WWE's for not giving their fans any reason to care about new talent when they are jobbing on Superstars a few months after their debut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I've seen it said that they create this false sense of 'overness' in that the talent can get a great reaction in Full Sail but bomb elsewhere or on the main roster. Adam Rose being the prime example. Is that really the Full Sail crowds fault though or is it WWE's for not giving their fans any reason to care about new talent when they are jobbing on Superstars a few months after their debut?

Emma in her original gimmick is another example of this. I think the problem is that the full sail crowd is not representative of WWE core demographic which makes up a large proportion of the attendees at WWE show.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Hence HHH being adamant they had to get out on the road. I don't normally mind them but did find them too invasive last night.

I hope Balor turns heel very soon, his post-Dusty tournament interview with Joe was beyond death. Even Apollo Crews' promo was better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I only saw the highlight video of the battle royal, I know Gargano was in the battle royal, but was Ciampa?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    I only saw the highlight video of the battle royal, I know Gargano was in the battle royal, but was Ciampa?

Yeah he made it to the last 6 I think! Was eliminated by Joe during a commercial though. I like Tommaso and Gargano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    What did the crowd do last night that was so bad? Only time I noticed them was Batleys in ring segment, Nia Jaxs debut and when Johnny Gargano got thrown out..

They did the god awful WHAT chants on Alexa that should've died a decade ago. They wouldn't let Bayley finish a sentence without trying to get themselves over. Yes, we know she deserves it, now let her bloody speak. Worst of all was when Breeze eliminated Samoa Joe and they all start chanting ''Thank you Tyler''. Eejits.

They are good a lot of the time but they were really annoying last night , especially during Bayley's moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah cool. The video WWE put on YouTube showed Gargano being eliminated, but there wasn't any focus of Ciampa so that's why I wasn't certain if he was even in it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    They did the god awful WHAT chants on Alexa that should've died a decade ago. They wouldn't let Bayley finish a sentence without trying to get themselves over. Yes, we know she deserves it, now let her bloody speak. Worst of all was when Breeze eliminated Samoa Joe and they all start chanting ''Thank you Tyler''. Eejits.

They are good a lot of the time but they were really annoying last night , especially during Bayley's moment.

See that's what I found funny. I love that they chanted for Tyler because that's what I was thinking. I don't really rate Samoa Joe and maybe they didn't either? Agree with you about the Bayley Alexa stuff mind

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NXTs ad breaks are the dirt worst.... having them in between matches. Its their network, have them before or after matches..... It ruins the flow of the show and unlike TV, theres no need for it.

Do they not still show NXT overseas though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Do they not still show NXT overseas though?

Im unsure about other countries, but its not on SKY anymore,

Still they could position their ads better on the network even if the show is edited differently for forgein tv

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im unsure about other countries, but its not on SKY anymore

It's still on TV in Taiwan (random I know) although it's not always up to date. Tuesdays 11pm we get episode from last wednesday, though I never watch it cos they talk over the turned down commentators in Chinese and its not ideal

True. Also I hate when they take breaks during battle royales and you miss eliminations. The show is not live its pre recorded so there really is no need for it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I guess they do it so they can edit matches that go over their time or if the crowd chants something especially rude. Still think it's a bit unnecessary for a taped show on their own network

Good to hear the news that Tyler Breeze wrestled a dark match at the Smackdown tapings. It'll be great if he does get called up, but with his gimmick it could be dangerous if Vince turns him into a one-note punchline

Delighted with the Women's Championship segment. Alexa's promo was really good and I'm excited to see how she and Bayley will work together. Bayley's a top worker and she should be able to bring the best out in her

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Tyler Breeze gimmick we have seen so far needs something else or it might work on the main roster. Like others from Adam Rose to Fandango I think they will struggle to keep it working imo without jobbing him out in the end.

A bodyguard like a Diesel or Big Zeke could help him out. If they have a big guy Vince likes they will keep the bodyguard strong and to do that he will have to be booked like he is helping Breeze.

Also on the breaks: Since the show we see is supposed to replicate the TV shows like RAW maybe they want the wrestlers to work inside the normal tv timings and setting up an ad break, providing that "Here is what you missed during the break moment", is expected of the wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Tyler Breeze as he is has very little upside. It's death as a gimmick. He's vain. He takes selfies. He cuts bad promos. Nothing against the guy. His matches are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I think he's amazing!

He is basically Dolph Ziggler with a character

Prelim gimmick.

The thing I liked about Breeze is he has a narcissistic personality, but not the typical bodybuilder in love with himself, he is billed as a male model which made a lot of sense.

The thing is Miz robbed his core idea and is floundering now the Mizdow gig wore thin.

I wouldn't mind seeing him join up with Miz in the tag division if they are unsure what to do with him as a singles wrestler. It might help Miz as well who had shown he is very good as a tag team competitor and can be entertaining in such a role. Breeze could get a slow introduction and might avoid the problems Neville had so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I like the idea of linking The Miz and Tyler except I would do it slightly differently. I would make Mike Mizanin (drop The Miz name) his manager. Could play it as Mizanin sees the potential in Tyler as a model who can break into movies using Mizanins contacts in Hollywood. Could lead Mizanin to bring in a tag team to be Tylers entourage/bodyguards. Could do some skits of Mizanin preping Tyler for auditions, being at photo shoots getting mad at photographers etc. And then even further down the line bring in a new guy to act as Mizanins P.A. who gets treated like sh*t by the whole group, gets coffee poured over his head when its not right, blamed on losing matches hes not even involved in, all that good stuff until he has enough and snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Monokne wrote: »
    Tyler Breeze as he is has very little upside. It's death as a gimmick. He's vain. He takes selfies. He cuts bad promos. Nothing against the guy. His matches are fine.

But with the exception of the selfies, wasn't shawn michaels gimmick the same? Was a good few years ago I know and he had sherri! Maybe they could team him up with Eva Marie?

Miz could call himself a producer and director. Tyler and Miz with an entourage could be great fun.

Regardless, Breeze does need something extra to give him a shot in the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Breeze as he is could make it on the main roster, no doubt about it

But he won't main event as he is

Nothing wrong with that for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Breeze doesn't suffer the same fate of Fandango or Adam Rose. But, at least his gimmick fits in today's pop culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just watching this week's episode.

The match of the year chants. My god. Match of the year my balls. This crowd is getting ridiculous.

I do enjoy the internet backlash at the enthusiastic fans. Be much better if they just sat on their hands like the Raw crowd, and NXT had never gotten hot in the first place eh? :)

Meltzer put it well:
    The NXT crowd is why they can export the product.

They make it the in thing to do Enzo & Cass' interviews with them and make it cool to think womens' wrestling is something other than when you switch to the NFL game.

And they make you think it's better than Raw and you can go to matches and rebel against WWE and buy merchandise of non-WWE guys and show WWE that they aren't the only game in town. And then go crazy when Zack Ryder or Titus O'Neil appears on a show.

Without that crowd, they are nothing but FCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Smackdown spoiler (tagging in case anyone still watches it without checking results!):
    Breeze made his main roster debut at last night's taping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He'll challenge Cena and win the belt Sunday I expect.

Advertisement