Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You lads talked about the main stuff about the show. WWE's presention really drags down most things. Balor's cardio is still something that still sticks out at me. I assume it is because he is carrying so muscle on his frame. Still a ride tho:

tumblr_nja4glzyi11s5g0jgo2_250.gif

I know some may view me as anti-Charlotte but simply check out the lack of a pop she got just after the crowd were going wild for Sasha and Becky arguing. She has no presence at all.

On NXT Rival
    I’ve really been driving myself crazy figuring out the results of the top two matches at NXT Rival, who exactly is getting called up after Wrestlemania and what they will do on TV the six weeks leading up to it. That’s all pretty cool IMO. I’ve a strong sense though Zayn and Owens ends in DQ or No Contest. I wonder if Balor’s ankle will be ok and whether it will hinder the match.

I think and hope Becky wins the Four Way. I did privately heard that was the direction at one stage so I am clinging on to that. Simply I believe they wouldn’t have included her in the match with they didn’t want her involved in the decision. Charlotte is most likely being called up and at the very least Charlotte and Sasha work the WWE live event loop most weekends. It would make more sense to have the women’s title on Becky as at least she can bring it to NXT Live Events. Something like Blake and Murphy winning the titles from a on the road Sin Cara. Given the talent shortfall NXT has a lot of green female wrestlers hopefully debuting soonish I think starting on establishing Becky as the (insert drum roll) Lynchpin of the division is a good idea. Character wise I think the title would elevate Becky and give her much needed character depth.

On the match itself the reviews of the practice matches on the Live Events are positive. It is a very fast paced match, following two people in the ring/two people outside formula playing off all the individual dramas with everyone giving their finishers and stealing covers at the end. Personally have my reservations as women’s multiple person matches tend to be pretty choreographed looking just something that doesn’t work. SHIMMER seems to stick to the ROH Four Corner Survival format rather than all four in the ring at once.

Random thoughts
    This being NXT I think there’s a reason for the No DQ stip in the Corbin/Dempsey match namely Solomon Crowe interfering.

I wonder what the quality disparity will be between Rival and Fast Line will be this time. #BrandWar

I wonder what Baron Corbin would have been like if they kept him paired with Shaul Guerrero or pair him with Zahra Schreiber. As Baron really reminds me of ECW era Mike Knox just a load of nothing who could be a good backdrop for a girl they want to feature.

I think out of being cute Becky will turn Emma via the evil mirror continuing on the tradition.

I wonder what the Raw showcase will be especially with what we got last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khyYC4b4kQA

Sasha vs Charlotte would be the most sensible if you don’t want to expose Balor or Owens on Raw yet. It is a presentable singles match too. But who knows given what happened last time. Will Hunter even bother fighting on that hill again? I guess he could wheel out Zayn vs Neville. Always a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I would've preferred them to keep Owens vs. Zayn non-title. That way Owens beats Zayn, Zayn beats the winner of Bálor vs. Neville and then they move into Owens vs. Zayn for the title. Now Wednesday's match is a much trickier proposition booking wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I meant to mention the "technical difficulties" where "Solomon" flashed up on the screen for a second. Must be debuting shortly. I know nothing about him only that he seems to have been in NXT for ages going on the reports on here.

I would've preferred them to keep Owens vs. Zayn non-title. That way Owens beats Zayn, Zayn beats the winner of Bálor vs. Neville and then they move into Owens vs. Zayn for the title. Now Wednesday's match is a much trickier proposition booking wise.

Apparently they are moving all the Zayn stuff forward with a view of calling him up according to Bryan Alvarez. It was seemingly a day of the TV taping rewrite.

My impression during the tapings is that likewise they are burning through all the Balor dream matches as Balor is likely a post-Wrestlemania call up too.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    I meant to mention the "technical difficulties" where "Solomon" flashed up on the screen for a second. Must be debuting shortly. I know nothing about him only that he seems to have been in NXT for ages going on the reports on here.

For what it is worth before the vignettes aired I was told he was debuting for reals at this Takeover.

More or less covered Crowe here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94055173&postcount=114

To say what I said another and shorter way Crowe somewhat has Becky Lynch-itis in terms of being too OTT. He used to come across as someone doing an impression of Dean Ambrose rather being natural or authentic. The big rap against him in NXT is his height.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently they are moving all the Zayn stuff forward with a view of calling him up according to Bryan Alvarez. It was seemingly a day of the TV taping rewrite.

My impression during the tapings is that likewise they are burning through all the Balor dream matches as Balor is likely a post-Wrestlemania call up too.

Any ideas how they will or should do it? Bring them in as a group like the Shield,one at a time? A tag team? Zayn to be Sheamus's ginger cousin from Ireland and Balor is an old school friend? :eek: :P

Hopefully not the last one !! :D

• Advertisement

No idea. I will always joke that need to bring back Heel Michael Cole to get that NERD Sami Zayn over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering how they'll do NXT for Mania. Another live show around the time? The Zayn/Owens vs Balor/Neville match as the pre show match? Doubt they would get on the PPV itself.

Was also thinking are they pushing Balor too fast? Compared to the others there, he's rocketing through developmental, it seems.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was also thinking are they pushing Balor too fast? Compared to the others there, he's rocketing through developmental, it seems.

Compared to Zayn and Neville?

I like NXT but a lot of the guys they have are over more because they are not on RAW and are seen as the alternative than actually that good.

Obviously Zayn and Neville are actually good though.

Age, potential to improve when not o the road travelling and experience comes must play a part in it. Finn is five years older than Neville and that makes a difference. Same age as Daniel Bryan, 4/5 years older than Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns.

Devitt/Balor has the look, a presence, is not going to improve in the ring so waiting won't do him any good. Would be better off on the road, house shows, live tv etc and see how good he can be as he won't learn/prove himself on those things in Florida.

Was wondering how they'll do NXT for Mania. Another live show around the time? The Zayn/Owens vs Balor/Neville match as the pre show match? Doubt they would get on the PPV itself.

They won't be doing an NXT Special Wrestlemania week. They are taping a bunch of NXT TV the next week to take them past Wrestlemania. NXT Specials are still quarterly. The next one will be May/June time. They decided to do the current one early so WWE production can concentrate on Wrestlemania.

They are pushing Balor fast but that was the deal with him. Triple H famously promised that he won't be stuck in developmental. If it is just Balor and Zayn that gets called up it sucks for Neville who has been in developmental for two years but Neville is two years younger than Zayn and five years younger than Balor. Balor is 34 in July. Traditionally if are going to be a main eventer it takes WWE about three years to build you up and solidify you as that. There's no time to mess about with Devitt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Not really much point in Balor staying in Full Sail for another six months to work on entrances and camera positions or whatever. No idea what they will do with him on Raw but they've protected Wyatt and Rusev fairly well thus far, not that I think he'll get that push as he is very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

As long as they don't take away Sami's music I don't mind. Some nerd behind the scenes will probably suggest some generic nu metal ****e though, :(:(

Don't think Neville has the look to get over as a mega face, maybe as a Kofi micard role at best, Zayn should do very well as he is very likeable, not sure about Balor tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nearly caught up with NXT over the last few weeks. Am i the only one who doesnt get Bull Dempsey? Corbin is kinda warming to me but still has a good bit to go

Bull Dempsey character is horrible and have thought so since his NXT debut.

He might have something but not in this persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Is Emma turning heel? They did show her looking very annoyed and sulky after her loss. And the interview she did with Devin Taylor last week sounded a bit bitchy. It seems like she's in line for a Tyson Kidd type storyline where she's brought back to NXT and turns heel. She didn't play a good heel when she first showed up, but perhaps this time will be different

I'm hoping that after the live special, they can invest some time into splitting Carmella away from Enzo and Cass. It's probably a little confusing for the fans that the guys are definite faces but Carmella is clearly a heel. If they do it right then Carmella could get a nice amount of heat for betraying them

Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey really don't do much for me. I think that in a few months, one or both of them will be irrelevant

Balor and Itami was so intense and pretty much anything one could want from them. At the same time, I liked that they didn't give too much away

I agree with the idea of Becky winning the title. If they wanted Sasha or Bayley as champion, why include Becky at all? Plus WWE do love to pull the momentum shift on us, and Becky lost this week. If Sasha wins then she can't feud with Bayley - as they've faced each other too many times already. However Becky winning can have her feud with Bayley and then gradually turn Sasha face to feud with her. And hopefully if Emma sticks around and turns heel, that'll freshen the division up a little. And give Alexa Bliss someone new to face in her token squash match every taping ;)

Nearly caught up with NXT over the last few weeks. Am i the only one who doesnt get Bull Dempsey? Corbin is kinda warming to me but still has a good bit to go

The amount of grief Bull gets online has gotten so bad that opinions on him are coming out the other side. Until Kevin Owens came along at least Dempsey was different he wasn't an indy darling workrate guy or a cutesy comedy character. But not really a fan.

Corbin is a Wyatt or Orton type golden child. He will be pushed forever. It was a year ago where Triple H brought up his name on the NXT Arrival conference call as someone to watch along with Charlotte, Neville and Zayn. Was really odd at the time (& it still is). I see nothing in him. But they've assigned Undertaker as his mentor so WWE expect massive things.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I didn't like him at first but he is starting to grow on me a little bit. I enjoyed his match with Neville even if I felt it made Neville look a bit weak. I suspect Corbin to end the feud with Bull at the NXT special. I still haven't seen enough of Corbin in the ring yet to say whether he can go or not.

The jury is still out on Corbin.

Corbins look needs a little more work.

needs to leave on the vest to hide his belly, the pics where people compared his belly to a face were cruel but its the type of thing that will follow him around.

The chin strap makes him look miserable.

His look now is a big improvement on what he used to look like in the old fcw profile pics.

I like him outside of the aesthetics, he is impressively strong in the way cesaro is rather than a giant bodybuilder like Ryback. I like that he is differant to the more technical guys and that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

This thing they're doing with bringing main roster talent back down to NXT and acknowledging that their careers have stalled is quite non kayfabe isn't it? But I suppose NXT does blur the lines quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On house shows, is Carmella wrestling as face or heel? I'd say we'll get to see a full heel turn if Cass and Enzo go for the tag titles. Seems strange they're not feuding with anyone and just accompany Carmella.

PWInsider says Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze has been officially added to this Wednesday's WWE NXT Takeover: Rival special on the WWE Network.

Might be one match too many but it should be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    PWInsider says Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze has been officially added to this Wednesday's WWE NXT Takeover: Rival special on the WWE Network.

Might be one match too many but it should be a good one.
    Called it! I can imagine him hitting the GTS at the special, they have been teasing it since the last special. Letting him hit it on someone like Breeze is a good idea Big enough for it to matter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He teased it as well against Balór. Finn also teased the reverse lifting DDT which I can't recall him doing in NXT before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

He teased it as well against Balór. Finn he also teased the reverse lifting DDT which I can't recall him doing in NXT before.

Nope he hit it on the last special

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Called it! I can imagine him hitting the GTS at the special, they have been teasing it since the last special. Letting him hit it on someone like Breeze is a good idea Big enough for it to matter

Have breeze sell it like death and return with the "undashing" style gimmick!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

On house shows, is Carmella wrestling as face or heel? I'd say we'll get to see a full heel turn if Cass and Enzo go for the tag titles. Seems strange they're not feuding with anyone and just accompany Carmella.

She's been working as a heel in her matches. Or she was a couple of months ago when I last checked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder if there's any chance of seeing a mask on Sami Zayn for his match at Takeover ? They let Devitt do his face paint for the big matches, would be insane to see Zayn do the same

NXT’s Sasha Banks talks about how she loved wrestling from an early age, already being in the business for five years despite being so young, her tryout to get into WWE developmental, training in Tampa to now being at the Performance Center, how big of a brand NXT has become, the next live TakeOver special on Wednesday, the previous one where she had a great match with Charlotte, NXT going on the road, her fashion sense, what she has learned from her cousin Snoop Dogg and more.

http://www.betweentheropes.com/2015/02/09/sasha-banks-nxt-takeover-falling-love-wrestling-boss/

Slay

B9ap5ZbIgAAyxAJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait to see the 1st Finn Balor action figure all done up in the face paint will be a day one buy for me (im a big figure collector)

• Advertisement

Group pic from the Polar Plunge:

B9arX1fCMAAwDk2.jpg

CJ Parker killing his gimmick by going to Seaworld post-Blackfish.

Advertisement