Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He'll challenge Cena and win the belt Sunday I expect.

i think ziggler will win the us title then they will have a feud over it is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Delighted with that. Big fan of Breeze and feel he's been treading water in NXT for ages. Hopefully new opponents and new fueds will keep him fresh. Bit odd who his first fued is with though since they are basically the same in my opinion just Breeze is a more exaggerated version of him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    i think ziggler will win the us title then they will have a feud over it is my guess

My personal guess is that it will be
    Kofi.

Big E and Xavier have already challenged, and they are in a mini-feud with Cena right now. Also, the word is Cena is taking some time off, so I could see New Day helping Kofi win it, and then shelving Cena for a few weeks, before he inevitably returns and murders them all.

Anyway, on Breeze, I've liked what I've seen, and think he could be a really good addition to the shows. But it will depend how seriously the writers take him; sadly, I could see him being Adam Rose'd pretty quick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My personal guess is that it will be
    Kofi.

Mine is
    Barrett for no other reason than any time he's gotten momentum he wins a midcard title, then is made look a chump, loses it, gets injured. It's a cycle destined to repeat itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Mine is
    Barrett for no other reason than any time he's gotten momentum he wins a midcard title, then is made look a chump, loses it, gets injured. It's a cycle destined to repeat itself

My personal opinion on who answers Cenas challenge is
    Alberto Del Rio. Rumours seem to be that hes on his way back and he would be a great surprise and way to re-establish him with taking out Cena. OR they could go with Samoa Joe, as I believe Cena and Joe are somewhat buddies and it would make Joe an instant threat to take out Cena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Imo it's gonna be
    Ambrose. He's not on the card and with Cena and Orton gone for a while they need to push babyfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Barrett is on th pre show. Great chance to elevate someone from NXT which Cena is well known for doing in the past. Fingers cross they don't blow a great opportunity to create a new star.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love the sheer dickishness of commentary saying Storm spent the last 15 years on the independent circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Angron wrote: »
    I love the sheer dickishness of commentary saying Storm spent the last 15 years on the independent circuit.

Yeah I noticed that. Maybe aul Hunter ain't too different from Vince!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Shocking episode!

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that. Maybe aul Hunter ain't too different from Vince!

Would like to think its a deliberate injoke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Imo it's gonna be
    Ambrose. He's not on the card and with Cena and Orton gone for a while they need to push babyfaces.

Im backing this train of thought.
    Even though this is what I believe WWE will do, its a bit of a let down for me. Hes already had a pop at teh US Challenge ages ago (good match too) and I feel he will be a let down if this is correct.

Only thing is, this has presumably been planned for a few weeks, so if it is
    Ambrose, then that stinks of "This was not the plan 2 weeks before the PPV, we changed it cause Ambrose had nothing else to do".

I'd personally like it to be an NXT guy; someone like Finn or Joe coming in and beating Cena would be instant credibility and instant top star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Why are people tagging wild speculations as spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

A nice piece on Apollo Crews this week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    Why are people tagging wild speculations as spoilers?
    I wish I knew too!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

This weeks episode was kinda meh. Only positives were Asuka being impressive again and I love the Crossface Chicken Wing finisher. And the look at Apollo was a nice way to flesh out his character.

And thats something I wanna just expand on. These little background pieces we get on NXT are so good and are going to do so much for the talent in NXT and also for when they get to the main roster. They are exactly the type of thing the network should be producing to showcase all the different characters where they have come from, what motivates them, what their goals are, what makes them different to everyone else. So far we have seen Finn, Apollo, Sasha, Becky and Bayley get these background pieces and ideally the commentators should be saying when they are on the main roster "check out the Finn Balor/Sasha Banks/Becky Lynch documentary exclusively on the WWE network". It helps the fans feel a genuine connection with the talent, which is something guys like Ziggler, Barrett and Sheamus can struggle with.

Also that new show Breaking Ground should also help in this regard to establishing the ppl behind the characters and seeing their struggles.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Only thing is, this has presumably been planned for a few weeks, so if it is
    Ambrose, then that stinks of "This was not the plan 2 weeks before the PPV, we changed it cause Ambrose had nothing else to do".

I'd personally like it to be an NXT guy; someone like Finn or Joe coming in and beating Cena would be instant credibility and instant top star.

UntilCena gets his win back in 6 weeks. Kevin Owens says hello.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I wish I knew too!:D:D:D

****1/2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Grand show this week. Asuka looked great again, that piece for Apollo was fantastic and Alexa might be the best heel in NXT right now. And dem thighs :pac:

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Grand show this week. Asuka looked great again, that piece for Apollo was fantastic and Alexa might be the best heel in NXT right now. And dem thighs :pac:

Great to see the new girls get personalities. Bayley, Becky and Sasha began in similar fashion and grew into great characters with plenty of depth. Hopefully they can develop likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to see Peyton and Billie get entrances. And different ring gear from each other. I noticed both of them had their long legs mentioned.

I think Enzo and Cass need to move up soon as they seem to be getting pushed down in the NXT tag division at the moment.

So can we expect Braden Walker to turn up next week? :) Great reaction for Storm. Is there a reason he and Joe get to keep their names while Finn, etc. didn't? Maybe because they're better known and around longer? Or maybe because they're not going to push them to the main roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good to see Peyton and Billie get entrances. And different ring gear from each other. I noticed both of them had their long legs mentioned.

I think Enzo and Cass need to move up soon as they seem to be getting pushed down in the NXT tag division at the moment.

So can we expect Braden Walker to turn up next week? :) Great reaction for Storm. Is there a reason he and Joe get to keep their names while Finn, etc. didn't? Maybe because they're better known and around longer? Or maybe because they're not going to push them to the main roster?

I seen somewhere that there's plans to never bring Joe up to the main roster, and he's just an indy attraction to sell tickets on tour. I assume it would be the same for Storm

Peyton and Billie have the exact same entrance music. :-/

Joe turns heel at the next taping. Balor v Crews ends in DQ and Joe comes down and lays out Finn. Corbin also got involved. Fatal 4 Way in London I expect.

Dash and Dawson win the tag titles.

Next few weeks spoilers with more to follow.
    November 4th Episode:

* Asuka defeated Cameron by submission

* Bull Dempsey defeated Angelo Dawkins

* Eva Marie defeated Gionna Daddio, now using the name Marley, and got huge heat

* Apollo Crews vs. Finn Balor for the NXT Title is next. They get spotlight introductions and it has a big-fight feel. This said to be an amazing match. Finn hit Bloody Sunday and it was unreal. Baron Corbin ran down for the disqualification and laid both men out. Samoa Joe then ran down for the save but he turned on Finn and laid him out for the heel turn

November 11th Episode:

* Adrien Reese (Athena) defeated Peyton Royce with a top rope jump into a stunner. Big pop for the former Athena

* Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger never starts as Apollo Crews rushes Corbin and beats him down to a huge pop

* NXT Women's Champion Bayley, Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley vs. Blake, Murphy and Alexa Bliss is next. The crowd is electric and everything is over. They're singing, "Heyyy we want some Bayleyyy." Alexa takes Bayley's title and runs away with it. Bayley hits a Belly to Bayley on Blake or Murphy and then chases off after Bliss. Ryder hits a Rough Ryder to get the win for his team

* Nia Jax squashed indie wrestler Deonna Purrazzo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really hope it's Corbin v Crews and Balor vs Joe at Takeover, don't like 4 ways they're not as simple as 3 ways

CastorTroy wrote: »

It's both. Basically they are being brought in to serve the hardcores who watch NXT. If you are going to merchandise them on NXT, you're going to sell more James Storm or Samoa Joe T-Shirts than, erm, gimme 2 s**tty WWE style names.... 'Cowboy Phil James' and 'Island Pete' t shirts. Plus it placates the guys and they'll probably work for a bit less as the NXT exposure is going to up their value to indie promoters.

I loved the "James Storm has spend the last 15 years on the independent circuit" line on NXT by the way. Vince would've been proud of Rich Brennan.

TNA is an absolute farce and deserves no mention on WWE TV.

• Advertisement

I don't disagree that TNA is a farce but the term 'deserves' is not relevant. It feels very forced and contrived avoiding mention of it. If New Japan or Evolve or ROH are recognised, all of which have made significantly smaller footprints on US wrestling in the last decade, then TNA should too or they're destroying their own credibility.

To give you some context - the show where James Storm captured the TNA World Heavyweight title did a 1.4 rating and was seen by 2.019 million people, 65% of this weeks Raw rating and more people than have ever watched an NXT show.

Advertisement