Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's a TV show. It's not a legitimate sport where it's like the Champions League and they mention Man Utd's twenty-odd Premier League wins. They can make it up as they go along and forget history at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

They can do whatever they want. I was just making the point that it was silly. The audience the show is aimed at knows exactly who James Storm is and where he's from. They actually divert more attention to the fact he worked for TNA by refusing to acknowledge it than if they just acknowledged it, because there is almost no one watching the show who doesn't know that's where he was. This in turn highlights the fact that the announcers are full of sh*t.

Bu then again, this company wants to make their announcers sound like company drone-bots, so I guess it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say most of the ones at Full Sail that reacted as they did, know him from TNA and not the indies. Sure even had ones shouting Beer Money

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/james-storm-interview-28090561/page-2

Interview here and not one mention of TNA. Brilliant! :D

So he's not fulltime like Joe and Rhyno?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,708 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will James Storm be renamed Jimmy Thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,708 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Who in the blue hell is Corey Taylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »

He's in slipknot I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

LeeJM wrote: »

Slipknot and stone sour lead singer.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/tough-enough-finalists-join-new-recruits-performance-center-27992953 New signings. Biff Busick, Rich Swann, people I don't know including tough enough contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Either Baron is an absolute monster, or Corey is tiny. When you'd see him done up in his Slipknot persona, you'd swear he was quite tall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Either Baron is an absolute monster, or Corey is tiny. When you'd see him done up in his Slipknot persona, you'd swear he was quite tall
    That's the way with a surprising number of people in metal really. Vocalists from Machine Head and Cradle of Filth are pretty small (low 5 foot range if memory serves), and the guy from Avenged Sevenfold used to have the drummer stand at the back of band photos because he was a good few inches taller than the rest of the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Corbin is 6' 8" or something isn't he? Or a WWE 6' 8" anyway. So he'd tower over regular joes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Angron wrote: »
    That's the way with a surprising number of people in metal really. Vocalists from Machine Head and Cradle of Filth are pretty small (low 5 foot range if memory serves), and the guy from Avenged Sevenfold used to have the drummer stand at the back of band photos because he was a good few inches taller than the rest of the band.

Ah ya, The Rev! He was quite tall alright

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

19 new signings. Things must be getting quite packed down at the Performance Centre

These aren't all brand new signings. Many have been there a while but they like to announce in batches.

I'd expect a few more cuts now, between overcrowding and the need for material for Breaking Ground.

Just starting this week's episode. Have they recycled Alexa Bliss' gimmick already?

Edit: Enjoyed the Gable/Jordan match. They're really over and seeing the smiles on their faces is always great.

And another new international woman wrestler with Kay Lee Ray. 2 in one night.
    Personally I think Nia Jax seems less Awesome Kong and more Lei'D Tapa

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Everybody needs to watch Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. Easily the best tag team match on weekly NXT I've ever seen. Fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    Everybody needs to watch Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. Easily the best tag team match on weekly NXT I've ever seen. Fantastic stuff.

Loved that match gable and jordan are just great together

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Finally we agree on something :) Great tag team action.

Just finished watching the latest episode, man it was the best NXT is a while and Ive really enjoyed NXT lately.

The 1 hour of NXT is better than any RAW the main roster produces. Great Tag team match, a very strong singles match to close the show, great character development and progression and its a easy watch.

This episode of NXT was one full hour of awesomeness and had what would’ve been the best match by a mile in any WWE week had it not been for the amazing Raw main event.

Everyone needs to watch the Jordan and Gable vs. Gargano and Ciampa tag team match and stick around for Breeze vs. Joe.

Bravo NXT, Bravo.

Crews v Balor next week and I cant freakin wait! Im expecting a screwy finish and some story progression from Balor at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Agreed, honestly one of the best tag team matches I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Gable needs to shave his pits.

I love Gable and Jordan.

They're the best team I've seen in years.

CALL THEM UP.

Brother, do you know what Vince McMahon will do to two dudes with a WRESTLING gimmick who wear WRESTLING singlets, the more talented of which is VERY SHORT and not particularly muscular once he gets his hands on them? They'll be lucky to even get on Raw.

Considering that, and the fate that's befallen The Lucha Dragons and The Ascension on the main roster, I'd be happy for them to just stay in developmental having good matches and being awesome forever.

I love Gable and Jordan.

They're the best team I've seen in years.

CALL THEM UP.

Gable and Jordan, while pretty great so far, arent needed on the main roster yet and still have plenty to offer in NXT for teh foreseeable.

Remember tehy have only had 7 matches on TV thus far. Lets give them more time in NXT to grow and develop.

Were there people making comparisons to World's Greatest Tag Team? Wonder if we'll get an appearance from them at some point.

I know they have to do it, but I don't like how they have to say how great every move Eva Marie makes, yet don't even name her opponent.

That ending made me wonder when the next Takeover will be. Maybe a fatal 4 way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Asuka's counter on Cameron was pretty sweet...

https://streamable.com/xgkr

Advertisement