Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That ending made me wonder when the next Takeover will be. Maybe a fatal 4 way?
    It's in London, December 16th live on the Network. Fatal Four Way seems likely, or maybe Joe Vs Balor and Corbin Vs Crews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Best of NXT DVD coming next march. Pretty steep at £35

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Best-Blu-ray-Finn-Balor/dp/B016RY2XMK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1446827849&sr=1-1&keywords=Wwe+nxt
    NXT has grown to become one of the highlights of WWE television, this DVD will include some of the best matches to date from the Superstars of the future including early matches from Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Ageyev wrote: »
    Particularly when most of the content is available on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So, what do we all think of Breaking Ground?

I find it seems to be a bit scripted. Like in the last episode with Dana Brooke - there's no way they'd cut her, but they're playing it up like she could be following Devon out the door.

Hardly recognised Alexa Bliss without the makeup.

I hope ZZ and that big Egyptian dude don't make it to NXT TV. I see nothing in either guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Who was the blonde girl trying to make Eva Marie look good? I like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Monokne wrote: »
    Particularly when most of the content is available on the network.

Yeh but the pre-network era stuff doesn't appear to be getting added so that's a plus, although I think a lot of the best matches are on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

TBH The pre-network stuff really wouldn't light a fire up your backside. Was the same show yeah, but much less polished than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    Who was the blonde girl trying to make Eva Marie look good? I like.

Listed as Local Competitor on wwe.com. It's no Blue Pants but it could catch on.

Googled it earlier it was Gionna Daddio who is signed to NXT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nice main event.

I guess we will see the Owens v Zayn feud repeated again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Spoilers for this week's episode
    Are the tag titles the only ones that change hands on tv? They do seem to have trouble writing for tag teams, though. Except maybe Jordan and Gable. Maybe the new champs will get more air time.

Finn really needs to work on his trash talking. Was like he was told to go out and just start talking like he was angry. But he forgot the anger part. Reminded me of this week's Flash.

And Nia Jax is a heel?

Enjoyed the Bayley to belly

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Yep Nia Jax has been presented as a monster heel. Her vignettes had arrogant statements about greatness so I always assumed she was a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Interested to see the intersection with her, Bayley and Asuka.

Hoping Nia plays the Baron Corbin obstruction to Asuka before the title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I hate mojo rawley so much

Hype! Not a bad show overall Finn is too mild mannered to take him seriously when he's supposed to be furious. Should be a decent feud though. One small thing that bugged me a little, why when announcing the winners of the six person tag did the announcer (Eden?) say "Here are your winners 'It's Bayley' and the Hype Bros". They always say "It's Bayley" when introducing her too which at least can make some grammatical sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

sky88 wrote: »
    I hate mojo rawley so much

You're not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Finn was awful, again.

He may as well have said he was going to tell on Samoa Joe, or get his big brother to beat him up.

Guy needs to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Finn was awful, again.

He may as well have said he was going to tell on Samoa Joe, or get his big brother to beat him up.

Guy needs to cop on.

I wouldnt say he was awful, but hes got a lot of work to do. Still seems very nervous on the camera and seems very wooden when speaking.

But he has improved to be fair, but hes still a far way off being a confident wrestling personaility.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Finn was awful, again.

Guy needs to cop on.

Yes, that is precisely the issue. If he would just COP ON he would be a great promo. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ah lads, calm down!

Finn wasnt bad at all.He is improving all the time. I think as you know he is quiet and reserved in real life that you are reading too much into everything.

He did what he had to do by squaring up to Joe.Everytime he talks I think he is improving.Don't get me wrong, he still needs to get better but he is going along nicely. I remember when the Shield debuted, I thought Rollins could be great if he was better at talking. Now look at him!

Its like he was told originally to breathe and relax while talking.He over did it and now looks like he is relaxing into it more and more.

If there was zero improvement since day one I would be very worried but he keeps getting a bit better each time.

As usual I enjoyed NXT!

By the way, a couple of weeks ago was the first time ever, I kinda forgot to watch Raw! :eek:

Usually I watch it as soon as I get home but never even thought of it until 11 that night.Of course I remembered NXT as soon as I get home so it shows the state of WWE wrestling at the moment

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt say he was awful, but hes got a lot of work to do. Still seems very nervous on the camera and seems very wooden when speaking.

But he has improved to be fair, but hes still a far way off being a confident wrestling personaility.

Agree with this. He wasn't that bad, I know I criticised him above but I wouldn't go as strong as some of you guys. It was a slight improvement if anything it's just a bit frustrating that his acting and mic skills are holding him back.

Finn is fine. Not everyone needs to sound the same on the mic.

Roman Reigns isn't any better so on its own it's obviously not the end of the world but it just sets him back a bit when with his in ring skills and his look he could be a massive star on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I like Finn Balor a lot but I'm skeptical that he will do any better than Neville once on the main roster. I dunno, he just doesn't seem like a guy Vince will like. Being one of Triple H's favorites doesn't mean as much as it used to (look at Sin Cara and Damien Sandow).

It goes without saying he's great in the ring but that meant nothing for Neville so far, who's very much being portrayed as a midcarder.

He does have a great entrance, and he has a certain amount of leverage creatively as he can go back to Japan at anytime.

I'd like to see him remain in NXT full-time and make sporadic appearances on the main roster when they have good ideas for him, as a special attraction, and meaning his big entrance remains a big deal. Over-exposure and bad creative are killing guys and girls once they get to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I was under the impression Vince was a fan of Finn when he signed? Pretty sure Rovert said when he was being signed that it was cos Vince liked the babyface stuff that Regal showed him.

I think people need to remember that NXT is still a developmental, regardless of how many people prefer it to WWE. Finn is improving on the mic & in character. I would've liked more intensity this week but it also wouldn't have fit the modern WWE babyface role to have him milling through refs to get at Joe.

They gave Finn a big contract to get him because both Hunter and Vince wanted him. They're not giving out those contracts to a guy who's going be on the lower midcard, jobbing to Wade Barrett. The comparison to Neville is just silly. Vince is a huge fan of characters he thinks will captivate the audience and there's just absolutely no way anyone can convince me that the first time he sees Finn do that entrance and the demon gimmick on the main roster he won't be captivated.

Personally I can see him slotted in that spot where Ambrose and Ziggler are in the upper midcard. He's a main event player for my money, but Vince and his ****ing size fetish won't allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

With Finns entrance, which is amazing, and his in ring ability he could be great on the main roster so why not give Finn a manager to do the talking for him? Brock rarely talks these days and all the undertaker said for his first few years was rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Any word on when Sami Zayn or Hideo Itami are due back? Can't say the thoughts of Balor v Joe/Corbin are doing much for me. Balor v Crews should be pretty good though

Zayn recently said "not soon"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Austin Aries
    is at Full Sail for tapings tonight :eek:

Advertisement