Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Gunner and James Storm there too according to Twitter. TNvAsion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Pentecost wrote: »
    Gunner and James Storm there too according to Twitter. TNvAsion :)

Still waiting for
    Bobby Roode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Still waiting for
    Bobby Roode :(

Spoiler is under contract elsewhere. One of the few remaining apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched nxt from this week this morning and I stopped just as Eva Marie was about to start taking at the end. I mean you had bayley and Alexa doing great stuff in the ring and then you have this charisma vacuum ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

She was boo'd out of the arena. I'd call her an excellent heel rather than charisma vacuum to be honest.

You can call it "x-pac heat" or some other term if you want, but at the end of the day, there's heels that would love that kind of reaction.

There are lots of things you could call Eva, but a charisma vacuum isn't one. She has some presence. Just look at the Full Sail reaction to her.

You'll always notice her one way or another definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

An easy way to distinguish between great heel heat and X-Pac heat is if you'll stick around watching her segments. I don't think she's that charismatic but she's a perfect heel foil for smarks (myself included). I'd check out the show to see her & the reaction she gets. I'm glad WWE are presenting her in that way. It's the best use of her, as a pretty girl and a horrific wrestler.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much nailed on brother. They have her in the right role. Her heat on NXT this week was insane. She needs to get more aggressive as a performer though. Give it right back to the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The internet hate her and NXT is an internet show with an internet crowd. She'll come out to crickets on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »
    That's pretty much nailed on brother. They have her in the right role. Her heat on NXT this week was insane. She needs to get more aggressive as a performer though. Give it right back to the people.

It was killer when she said "shut up you little dorks". More of that. Call them (us) what they (we) are because in the real world, you'd bottle it if a girl like Eva Marie came near you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With Itami due to return soon, Crews there a good while, Jordan/Gable finally on the tapings and the arrival of La Sombra, NXT should really take off again over the next few months.

On what is there now, its good to see Finn finally in a feud. His title run was starting to remind me of Ambrose as US champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I love the NXT crowd, but I thought they went way OTT this week with the reaction to Eva Marie. For the first time in weeks it seemed like she really was bothered by it, and you could see Bayley subtly asking them to quiet down, she could barely even hear what Eva was saying.

Granted, I don't like her either, but there's a line between booing the heel and being a d1ck, and I thought they did cross that line this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DM_7 wrote: »
    With Itami due to return soon, Crews there a good while, Jordan/Gable finally on the tapings and the arrival of La Sombra, NXT should really take off again over the next few months.

On what is there now, its good to see Finn finally in a feud. His title run was starting to remind me of Ambrose as US champ.

I wonder will we see Sami Zayn at Takeover ? Maybe him and Itami could face each other in their comeback match for both of them

I know he should be on the full roster but would be nice for his comeback to be in NXT

Card is done. Itami and Zayn are not on it. That said, I imagine one may make a return at the show, do a run in or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone from here going to Takeover since it's in London?

I'm going brother Castor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Advertisement

He was going nowhere best for himself that he tries his luck elsewhere.

He's there all this time, finally gets on tv after many delays then wants out? I guess it means now he can appear as WWE's/NXT's Solomon Crowe and ask for more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Crowe for me was a vanilla midget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tis a real pity the hacker gimmick was dropped. Had a bundle of potential and the scope for it could have been huge.

Was it dropped? Seemed he kept causing the screens to malfunction.

He's dating Dana, isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm heading to CZW Cage of Death in a few weeks, hoping he makes an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was it dropped? Seemed he kept causing the screens to malfunction.

He's dating Dana, isn't he?

I think he is dating Jessicka Havok. Or at least he was a few months back.

He was basically used as enhancement talent these days so I can understand his frustrations. To me he didn't have that spark. Couldn't ever see him being a star. Just reminded me of CJ Parker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Just sad that switchblade conspiracy reunion isn't on the cards now.

I thought Crowe's promos were muck, he showed little in the ring, his look was indie, and his charisma was minimal. Not a huge losss, then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It's a pity we won't see him and Dean Ambrose together on the main roster, as I had hoped.

Advertisement