Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I didnt see any of his indie stuff but i never liked him since i seen him so not a huge loss to me. His look and promos were terrible and just seemed to be trying to hard to be different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ricero wrote: »
    Crowe for me was a vanilla midget.

I think he himself has potential, the bigger issue was his character was just pretty poorly defined, and so he was just spinning the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I dont get Nia Jax. Is she a poor man's Awesome Kong?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Also her finisher should be that bearhug splash and just leave out the leg drop. Maybe she needs more time to properly develop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yep. And drastically over weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Funny how Samoa Joe and Bull Dempsey don't get the same comments about their personal appearance.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Funny how Samoa Joe and Bull Dempsey don't get the same comments about their personal appearance.....
    It's because Joe isn't Bull Fit.

Eva is just so terrible.

Edit: oh delightful, Zayn returning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Watching tonight's main event, I love how much people genuinely care about the Woman's Championship in NXT. Unlike the faux Diva's Revolution on the main roster

Virtanen wrote: »
    Watching tonight's main event, I love how much people genuinely care about the Woman's Championship in NXT. Unlike the faux Diva's Revolution on the main roster
    It really helps when they have some good writing done for their stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Yep. And drastically over weight.

By drastically overweight do you mean completely normal female? Or are you just being ridiculously sexist and sizeist?

I hate the internet sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Not true. During his latter days in TNA all you would ever hear commented on about Joe is that he had completely ballooned and looked like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Bálor did his first competent promo.

Big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Bálor did his first competent promo.

Big day.

You just know thats gonna be the name of TNAs newest tag team of Brad Moddax & Billy Gum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just finished watching this weeks episode and even though I hadn't read the spoilers I was confident that Bayley was winning. Having said that they made me second guess myself for a moment which is what the main wwe product should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw asuka is gorgeous.

Adiboo wrote: »
    By drastically overweight do you mean completely normal female? Or are you just being ridiculously sexist and sizeist?

I hate the internet sometimes.

Her body fat % appears unhealthy, her BMI is off the charts.

Nothing sexist about it to be honest. And didn't mention anything about normal or ab-normal. Couldn't give a toss if she was man or woman.

Back in your PC box now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I mean clearly the girl is substantially overweight. That's all he said and he's right. It's a very body oriented business and it's not at all uncommon for fans to discuss wrestlers size - male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Her body fat % appears unhealthy, her BMI is off the charts.

Nothing sexist about it to be honest. And didn't mention anything about normal or ab-normal. Couldn't give a toss if she was man or woman.

Back in your PC box now.

How do you know what her BMI is? She obviously works out, she works at the performance centre. Do you have some secret insights we don't know about?

Nia Jax is the first female wrestler in a long time that looks like she could actually kick someones ass. She's 6ft, she's a big person and is definitely not any bit overweight.

You are the kind of fan that gives wrestling fans a bad name.

How do you know what her BMI is? She obviously works out, she works at the performance centre. Do you have some secret insights we don't know about?
    I attend a gym regularly, have an expected BMI and low body fat %. I can spot flab when I see it.
    You are the kind of fan that gives wrestling fans a bad name.

Yokozuna was also overweight. As was Rikishi.

Sorry to be a bit PC, but what we watch is far from "wrestling".

It's a staged dance, with skilled performers/athletes.

Wrestling is an ancient sport dating back centuries and is currently up for debate whether it will be a part of the olympics. It's a large part of mixed martial arts (MMA) and is still popular in USA high schools & colleges, as well as eastern europe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ayatolla in foreigner gimmick heel-turn shocker. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was bored so did a BMI calculation for Ms Jax based on her height and weight according to Google. Our results say...decidedly obese.

http://www.bmicalculator.ie/bmi-information/bmi-result/index.html?bmi=34.6

There is a very general air of misogyny on these boards in relation to the Divas without singling any specific users out.

The fact is I've never seen anyone here reference Samoa Joe or Bull Dempseys size, let alone do BMI calculations when speaking about them.

Also it's rare that any mention of Sasha, Paige or Becky goes by without some caveman "She's a ride. I'd give her one" type comment.

It's not being overly PC to point it out. It's called discussion

Can't believe I'm even indulging this but Beth Phoenix is considered medically obese too if you calculate her BMI using her billed height of 5ft 7' and her billed weight of 150lbs.

BMI is not an exact science as it doesn't differentiate between fat and muscle and shouldn't be used as a rod to beat everyone with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fair points like I said I was just bored. Bull and Joe are clearly obese too for what it's worth.

I attend a gym regularly, have an expected BMI and low body fat %. I can spot flab when I see it.

This has nothing to do with the arguement and is just a way for you to say "I go to the gym. Im brilliant I am cos me not fat and lazy". Guess what, Im overweight and also have an expected BMI and body fat % and I can spot flab when I see it (normally in the mirror). Shocking I know!
    Can't believe I'm even indulging this but Beth Phoenix is considered medically obese too if you calculate her BMI using her billed height of 5ft 7' and her billed weight of 150lbs.

BMI is not an exact science as it doesn't differentiate between fat and muscle and shouldn't be used as a rod to beat everyone with

BMI is such a load of bollox anyway. I work with a strength and conditioning coach for years and he constantly stated as such. Pretty much every pro rugby player is obese according to BMI. So using it to judge a "Sports Entertainer" (dont wanna upset The Ayatolla) is just a prick move anyway.

Nia Jax is a big girl and so what! She is attempting to make a career in an industry where having a different look is a positive. I will say her ring gear needs some work as its very unflattering, but other than that I dont see the problem in here being "bigger" than everyone else.

And before anybody says its a body industry ; Andre the Giant, Big Show, Rikishi, Haystacks Calhoun, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, King Kong Bundy, Yokozuna all were big draws at one time, some main evented WrestleManias and some the biggest shows in Japan.

WWE tends to fudge the numbers too. I mean Big Show is 500 pounds most of the time, but Kane is 323? There's not that much of a difference in their size!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    WWE tends to fudge the numbers too. I mean Big Show is 500 pounds most of the time, but Kane is 323? There's not that much of a difference in their size!

Look at the pair of them side by side sometime (if you can find a video). Big Show's belly is far bigger than Kane's. It's probably a side-effect of the treatments he went through for giantism, to be fair. Kane's just really tall, but Paul Wight had a medical reason for his size the same way Andre did.

I called a visibly overweight person overweight and was challenged on why I thought so.

Sure, my 6-pack may be the envy of most men, but I was asked why I thought she was overweight.

Does the new "women's revolution" that's taking over the globe now mean you can't call a woman overweight, even if she is scientifically and visibly so? :-/

LeeJM wrote: »
    BMI is such a load of bollox anyway.
    Hence why I also mentioned the body fat %.
    Nia Jax is a big girl and so what! She is attempting to make a career in an industry where having a different look is a positive. I will say her ring gear needs some work as its very unflattering, but other than that I dont see the problem in here being "bigger" than everyone else.
    This is pretty much my main gripe. Her attire does her zero favours. Most overweight superstars in the past and present have worn suitable gear to compliment their physique. (Kharma is a good example).

• Advertisement

Hence why I also mentioned the body fat %.

This is pretty much my main gripe. Her attire does he zero favours. Most overweight superstars in the past and present have worn suitable gear to compliment their physique. (Kharma is a good example).

Maybe I misread your post, apologies if I did. It just came across that some were having a go just because she was big.

Advertisement