Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gents - back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Eva Marie is very intriguing to me at the moment. Horrible wrestler but very very watchable in a strange way. There was a small part of willing her to win the Women's title just to see the reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering why Jesse Sorenson's name sounded familiar when he was introduced. He's the guy Zema Ion injured the neck of in TNA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was wondering why Jesse Sorenson's name sounded familiar when he was introduced. He's the guy Zema Ion injured the neck of in TNA.
    Yeah, I recognised him straight off from that incident. I doubt he'll be a regular fixture though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

As much as I usually agree with peoples gripes about the NXT crowd I absolutely loved that there was a rousing chorus of "Burn in my Light" when Jesse Sorenson came out looking somewhat like a young Randy Orton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Great to see Jesse Sorenson getting a match on NXT after the disgusting treatment he received from TNA

Eva got through her match with no major screw-ups, big props to Bayley

As for Nia Jax, there's actually a photo of her before WWE where she's much slimmer - so it would appear that they wanted her to gain weight. And I'm guessing since she's of Samoan heritage, she'd naturally be a bit heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesse Sorenson jobbed to Baron Corbin during the summer also. They highlighted him a good bit here on commentary but he got zero offense in.

Asuka to me is like a female Lesnar. I just tune totally in when she's on tv. Like him, she has an abundance of charisma/aura without saying much. I love her energy and her enthusiasm. I also think she would knock me the F out.

Liked Dash and Dawson this week. Flowed well. I think them vs Enzo and Cass could be a good programme.

Joe vs Balor segment was short but sweet. Finn is starting to command the cameras a lot better and even his stick work picked up. Hope he can continue with that.

NXT Women's title match was very intriguing as others have said. Nice to second guess yourself on results.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm 3 weeks behind on NXT at the minute.

Jesus, I hate when the announcers say "Its Bailey". Like "here are your winners, The Woman's Champion, it's Bailey, and The Hype Bros"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm 3 weeks behind on NXT at the minute.

Jesus, I hate when the announcers say "Its Bailey". Like "here are your winners, The Woman's Champion, it's Bailey, and The Hype Bros"

Ha I think I said the exact same thing further back the thread. Probably used the same example too it's really annoying and makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Eva Marie is very intriguing to me at the moment. Horrible wrestler but very very watchable in a strange way. There was a small part of willing her to win the Women's title just to see the reaction

I didn't want her to take the title, but there absolutely is something valuable in the heat she has. It's not apathy - these people HATE her. It makes for great, if uncomfortable, viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

She's very much like Vickie Guerrero. There was some point where Vickie somehow transformed the X-Pac heat she was getting into genuine heel heat. A few hardcore smarks still despise Eva with a passion but I think most of what she gets is proper heel heat. It's impressive that she continues to go out there and continue without breaking her stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

As someone else said earlier, I was almost feeling a bit of doubt that Bayley was going to make it out of the match with the championship. I can't remember, but did they announce after that who Bayley will be facing in London? I'm really looking forward to Joe vs. Finn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since it's taped, her opponent has been revealed at the tapings, but it'll probably be announced next week on tv. Won't say who it is in case you don't want it spoiled.
    Though this match felt like more of a PPV type match with the screwjobs, etc.

Is that a planted 'fan' during the Eva Marie matches with the robe and wig? She doesn't look like any of the developmental girls but I could be wrong. I'm just wondering if that's leading somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I do wonder will Dash and Dawson be transitional champions. I think it is time to bring up Enzo and Cass onto main roster since they have been in developmental long enough and I would love to see a feud between The New Day and Enzo/Cass.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How does that little girl that supports Bayley get the exact same seat each and every week?!

Heard she's on a developmental deal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

can't wait for her heel turn when she costs Bayley the title before revealing her all red everything shirt on under the I'm a hugger top shes wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Then when she gets released by WWE and she shows up in TNA "My god Pope I know who that is, its Tizzy, whats Tizzy doing here in TNA?!?!?!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeeJM wrote: »
    Then when she gets released by WWE and she shows up in TNA "My god Pope I know who that is, its Tizzy, whats Tizzy doing here in TNA?!?!?!?!"

Who in the blue hell(Tm the rock) is tizzy ? The girls name is Izzy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who in the blue hell(Tm the rock) is tizzy ? The girls name is Izzy

It's the age old TNA Joke of how they would hire anyone the WWE let go and then have them turn up on Impact and just slightly alter their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's the age old TNA Joke of how they would hire anyone the WWE let go and then have them turn up on Impact and just slightly alter their name.

Oh yeah.

Is NXT delayed on the network? Looking for the most recent episode but can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gimmick wrote: »
    Is NXT delayed on the network? Looking for the most recent episode but can't find it.

It was there last night for sure

It's ok. Found it. Would have thought it be more easy to find though.

Each time I log on and look for it it seems to be in a different location, depending on the device.

Who was the guy in the vignette playing the guitar?

Pentecost wrote: »
    Who was the guy in the vignette playing the guitar?

I think it's Elias Samson. His gimmick is a guitar playing drifter. He had a match with Bull Dempsey on the post Brooklyn NXT episode

He's been there for a good while as well. He was just in the enhancement role for a long time.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Good episode, good to see Finn in a proper feud which he hasn't had really since Owens. He did a decent job during that segment showing signs of improvement in terms of developing his personality.

Advertisement