Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Blue Pants back with new music.

Watching Jordan and Gable reminded me more of Angle than World's Greatest Tag Team.

Sami back at Takeover or after?

I'd love if Shelton Benjamin and Charlie haas vs Jordan and gable could happen. Jesus how good would that be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Benjamin and Haas have been rubbish for ages. Their entire ROH run was dogsh*t and Haas is now retired.

My dream match is Gable v Zack Sabre Jnr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Loved the main event this week. The perfect way to use a guy with a bit of a name who isn't signed to the company, bring him in and have your main event guy look a million bucks, the layout of the match could not have been better and the performances of both guys was note-perfect, Joe hasn't looked that good in who knows how many years. I also really liked Ciampa's promo earlier in the show, the content was simple enough but it got the message across effectively, it was really Ciampa's delivery that shined though, would love to see him picked up full time and given a prominent spot on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Agreed. Main event was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That main event ruled. That forearm Joe gave Ciampa :eek:

This show is consistently great now. Everything is very simple but it makes sense and generally works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That main event ruled. That forearm Joe gave Ciampa :eek:

This show is consistently great now. Everything is very simple but it makes sense and generally works.

One of the key reasons I like it is the lack of over exposed stars. Less is certainly more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have been looking at a good bit of ECW on the network. I know there is always the comparison to NXT. Was wondering is their anybody out there that could realistically be a "Terry Funk" like presence in NXT?

There isn't one is there? All the true old schoolers are well beyond getting in the ring for a decent run. It's a pity Arn Anderson isnt able to return. Would be wonderful to see him go a few more times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What about Funk's protege Tommy Dreamer? Recently returned. I know he's not as prestigious as Terry but he can still work.

Ps- Arn's run in on Taker vs Flair at Mania X8 was the ultimate end to Arn's fighting days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Tommy Dreamer would be great to have in NXT playing the kind of babyface version of what Rhyno has been doing there since he came back. He could still take a beating probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tommy Dreamer would be great to have in NXT playing the kind of babyface version of what Rhyno has been doing there since he came back. He could still take a beating probably!

The last person I'd like to see anywhere near NXT is Dreamer. I think anything post ECW for him has been lame AF.

Might roll of few eyes in the IWC and be a bit naff but dya know who I think would be novel or cool to return to NXT- The Natural "Dustin Rhodes". He pretty much IS Goldust now but I could be a fresh to see him return as himself for a small run.

The guy can still work his ass off at the top level, has that throwback quality and a link to NXT through Dusty's legacy in the setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Throw Daniel Bryan down there seen as they wont let him wrestle anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The booking of Enzo and Cass this week was f*cking awesome. So so good. Man I bet the Ascension would give anything to be back 'down' in NXT.

And holy sh*t just saw Asuka. She won via KO by roundhouse kick. When have you ever seen that with the ladies? Dana and Emma sold it beautifully on the ramp too.

Double edged sword. Sure they were creatively fulfilled but they were earning about $40,000 which is barely a living after tax. Even low end job guys on the main roster are clearing $120,000 so as irrelevant as they are on the main roster, couple years of cashing cheques up there will pay for their houses.

It's a separate issue, but they are basically stealing a living anyway. No charisma, no skills on the mic, no appreciable talent whatsoever.

Throw Daniel Bryan down there seen as they wont let him wrestle anywhere else

Dr Joseph Maroon, the WWE's head physician, won't clear him. That's not exclusive to Raw. It means he doesn't think it's safe for Bryan to wrestle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot Takeover was live at 8pm next Wednesday for us.

That video for Sami this time makes me wonder if he'll move up to the main roster soon after getting back. His last match was against Owens whose on the main roster now and also from the way they brought him in with Bret announcing and Cena basically giving the seal of approval. So would he have stayed on the main roster if it wasn't for the injury?

Which makes me think the injury came at a great time for him , He'd probably be languising in mediocrity now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Monokne wrote: »
    Dr Joseph Maroon, the WWE's head physician, won't clear him. That's not exclusive to Raw. It means he doesn't think it's safe for Bryan to wrestle at all.

I don't think wrestling fans en masse digest just how serious that is. WWE are big into running wrestlers into the ground until they break. For them to flat-out refuse to clear Daniel Bryan means that he is in terrifying physical shape. Meanwhile Bryan's talking about how he could wrestle if only one of his arms worked :(

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't think wrestling fans en masse digest just how serious that is. WWE are big into running wrestlers into the ground until they break. For them to flat-out refuse to clear Daniel Bryan means that he is in terrifying physical shape. Meanwhile Bryan's talking about how he could wrestle if only one of his arms worked :(

To be fair, the second opinion he got which was from the doctor at the Atlanta Falcons was that he was good to go. The problem with the brain is it's an extraordinarily delicate thing and we are still learning about, ergo sometimes respected medical physicians will have differing opinions.

Still, your broader point is spot on. The company are erring on the side of caution to protect the performer. In spite of how much we miss seeing him perform, we should be applauding WWE here. How many guys from the 80's and 90's would still be here had the company sat them out when they were badly hurt? This is change for the better.

Yeah but alot of the 80's guys ran into problems with alcohol, drug and steroid abuse regardless of what ever injuries they picked up , Granted the amount that died would be lower but it wouldn't be significantly lower either

My point was that they used alcohol and drugs to mask the pain of injuries. If they'd been forced to sit out and heal, some of that may have been prevented. Some, not all.

• Advertisement

I loved what they did with enzo and cass this week. It was so different and makes me want to see the match now.

Asuka is just amazing. I could watch her all day and to their credit Emma and Dana are holding up their end perfectly. I wasn't a fan of Dana when she started but she has grown on me.

The rest of the show was great bar mojo. He's playing a character but I hate it and he doesn't come across well as a person either.

Why can't the main roster do this ?

Dana's rookie of the year, she's gas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Dana has come on a hell of a lot in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »

The rest of the show was great bar mojo. He's playing a character but I hate it and he doesn't come across well as a person either.

Why can't the main roster do this ?

I don't think it's a character it's just him. I'm not a fan either

Mojo absolutely isn't a gimmick. I've heard of and read stories about how loud and obnoxious he is on and off screen. He's not my thing to be honest, but it's something. Too many people with no personality in 2015.

I loathe Hype Bros a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Meant to come back to this earlier I only caught up with this today. Great show aside from Mojo as pointed out above. Some great storyliens going on and they're getting a bit of depth again now with the newer people really finding their feet like Apollo Crews and Asuka. Peyton Royce by the way, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I loathe Hype Bros a lot.

You ain't hyped!

I reckon id hate mojo if I ever met him but jumping around the ring for 5 mins is harmless fun and they get the crowd going. I think I'm the only person here who doesn't mind them!

Nxt are doing a show in Dallas on April 1st before Mania. Anyone here going to mania ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

You ain't hyped!

I reckon id hate mojo if I ever met him but jumping around the ring for 5 mins is harmless fun and they get the crowd going. I think I'm the only person here who doesn't mind them!
    I have no issues with them either, they're nothing special but they're entertaining to watch

Advertisement