Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You teases! I don't want to read the spoilers but you're tempting me.
    So when roughly would those matches start airing?

Those are the last set of tapings before Wrestlemania.

Lads, I'm seriously behind in my NXT watching. I'm 2 weeks away from the last Takeover with Finn and Joe yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Those spoilers just sound incredible as does the matches announces for dallas. cannot wait for these to air

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I was watching the last Takeover last week, and found myself thinking "This is incredible. I find myself invested in characters when I watch these shows once every few months."

And then I thought "****ing idiot. Imagine how much you'll be invested in the shows if you actually watch the weekly shows!".

So I am now :P Really loving them. Not just the obvious ones like Finn and Joe, but American Alphas, Asuka, Crews....it's so much fun, with great writing and great wrestling. Its so close to perfect. And they make an hour feel like 2, but in a good way (unlike Raw :P).

Only annoyance is how far in advance they tape. Maybe its cause they aim it at the smarks, but its very hard to avoid spoilers, especially when they are filming 6 weeks in advance. The
    Austin Aries
    thing was all over their social media, and the
    Nakamura
    news this morning has been posted, openly, on sites that usually wouldn't be so bad with spoilers.

I'm not reading the avoid, but even still, it's a great product.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

NXT still has problems though.

Example would be Blake and Murphy. They recruited Alexa, improving them tenfold and then they became a less important part of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    NXT still has problems though.

Example would be Blake and Murphy. They recruited Alexa, improving them tenfold and then they became a less important part of the show.

You cant push everyone all of the time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yeah the thing with NXT is they seem to get behind people and shove them and see what takes. If it takes well - American Alpha, for example - you become a cornerstone of the show. If it doesn't - Vaudevillains, Blake & Murphy - you drift in and out.

It's not problematic. If anything it keeps the lesser acts fresh. I don't need to see those two aussie dopes and their pigtails every week, to be blunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Im a big fan of blake and murphy. Two great workers and alexa is a fine thing. Would love to see them come to the main roster and have a few tables matches with the dudley boys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, the whole tag division was another reason that drove me to actually watch the weekly show, cause the continuity between specials was hard to follow; every show had two new teams fighting for the title, whereas the main and woman's titles had the same champions from show to show, so was easier to follow.

Like...Dash and Dawson weren't even on the Brooklyn special, and then were Tag Team champs next time I walked in. Blake and Murphy had this big build up on Brooklyn...and then weren't even on the London show. So had no clue what happened to them, or why they weren't champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

There may be some heat on one of them (don't know which one is which) for the DUI. They lost the titles around that time too

Huge fan of Blake and Murphy too, I think they're a great team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I like them too but I prefer Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think they even need Alexa. I found them entertaining enough even before she was recruited.

Alexa is key to that act. They had no presence on their own, she gives them something.

Billion Dollar Brother is right though, there is probably some heat on them because of the DUI. It didn't feel like time for a title change when they took the straps off them so it may have been because of that.

Alexa is key to that act. They had no presence on their own, she gives them something.

Billion Dollar Brother is right though, there is probably some heat on them because of the DUI. It didn't feel like time for a title change when they took the straps off them so it may have been because of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Alex Riley must have the same trainer/pharmacist as HHH and Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Checking out the card for NXT Takeover Dallas and they might as well cancel Wrestlemania and just promote Takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Checking out the card for NXT Takeover Dallas and they might as well cancel Wrestlemania and just promote Takeover

It's literally going to take-over Wrestlemania

:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's got a mad concept of giving people talented wrestlers competing against each other with no 15 minute promos but if NXT were its own brand it'd be one of the biggest brands in wrestling/sports entertainment out there. Certainly outside of Japan anyway.

Balor, Joe,
    Nakamura confirmed, possibly Anderson and Gallows
    . It's a lot more than just developmental these days.

If they pushed NXT as a third brand and put it on telly it would blow Raw out of the water. Would be like Smackdown during the days when Heymam was the lead writing and it drew bigger ratings each week then Raw

It wouldn't. People watch wrestling for stars, and the public at large doesn't see Balor, Joe, & Zayn at the level of Hunter, Roman & Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Except Takeover isnt selling out a 100,000 seat arena. I love NXT just as much as everyone else but the reason we get NXT is because of the year on year success of WrestleMania. But yea lets cancel WrestleMania :rolleyes:

You mean kids watch it for the star names, the older generation really watch it for some top quality action and not to see HHH and Reigns battle it out in 15min promos (I'd hope so at least)

Give me Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Ceasaro over anything that's on Raw these days or even the triple threat number one contenders match this week.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Except Takeover isnt selling out a 100,000 seat arena. I love NXT just as much as everyone else but the reason we get NXT is because of the year on year success of WrestleMania. But yea lets cancel WrestleMania :rolleyes:

Sarcasm my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I understood it was sarcasm pal. My point was even as a sarcastic remark its still rather ridiculous to say. NXT and main roster accomplish 2 totally different things. Admittedly with the addition of AJ and potentially Sami Zayn, Joe and Finn with the BC to the main roster its getting a lot more "workrate" for lack of a better term but still the main roster is where they generate their profits. WrestleMania itself has helped numerous indies get their biggest crowds with their "WrestleMania Weekend" shows. So even in a sarcastic manner to suggest canceling WM is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When did jordan and gable change to american alphas ? I liked them being known as jordan and gable.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm actually loving dana's character and I didn't like her at the start.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm actually loving dana's character and I didn't like her at the start.

She's grown on me too, and I hated her at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    When did jordan and gable change to american alphas ? I liked them being known as jordan and gable.

2 weeks ago in a vignette.

You mean kids watch it for the star names, the older generation really watch it for some top quality action and not to see HHH and Reigns battle it out in 15min promos (I'd hope so at least)

Give me Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Ceasaro over anything that's on Raw these days or even the triple threat number one contenders match this week.

I should clarify. The statement I replied to was that "If NXT was on TV each week it would blow Raw out of the water" like Heyman's Smackdown beat Raw in the ratings. I was pointing out that NXT would not draw comparable or better ratings than Raw. If your point is it would draw a reasonable crowd of older people, and be a more entertaining show, that's probably true.

Personally, I'm pleased the networks aren't showing any interest in NXT. If it ended up on TV, no way Vince would keep his fingers out which would be the ruining of it. And the run time would either be cut or increased by 20 minutes or thereabouts, which I don't think would benefit the product either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really think Dana's become one of the most improved people on the roster, alongside Corbin. She's grown into her character really well.

Advertisement