Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

She's my Rookie of the Year for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What other television debuts were there in 2015 that weren't already working the indies beforehand?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What other television debuts were there in 2015 that weren't already working the indies beforehand?

Well Chad Gable is one and actually got the Wrestling observer rookie of the year award.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Christ, I hate that "Hey, we want some Bailey" chant.
    Here's a nice article from last year about the NXT Full Sail crowd, and how they've become their own biggest fans

http://www.workofwrestling.com/wowblog/2015/11/19/lets-be-smarter-a-message-for-nxt-fans

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That is one bitter article. So holier-than-thou. He says he'd rather a quiet Raw crowd over an NXT crowd. Sometimes they can be annoying but give me that over 20,000 people sitting on their hands or doing the What? chant.

He's saying how they should respect performers more. Then goes on to say: "Kevin Owens should not have to educate us. We're supposed to be on their side." Eh no we're not meant to be on KO's side, he's a heel, he most definitely should have to educate us because he's a condescending smarmy bad guy.

The NXT women are main eventing weekly shows and Network Supershows in part because of these fans and their reactions to their performances.

Author sounds jealous that he's not part of the fun and has gone one level higher on the IWC geek totem pole, taking to the net to vent. (Btw I see the irony of me making this point on line before anyone points it out :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That author sounds like Kevin Dunn in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That author sounds like Kevin Dunn in disguise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know the crowd might be a bit obnoxious, but they are a major reason I've been enjoying NXT the last few weeks, mainly cause they make the wrestlers look like stars. First time I saw American Alphas, for instance, I didn't have a clue who they were. But the reaction from the crowd made me think "Wow, they really like these guys, there must be a reason why!" and it helps me invest into the characters.

I HATE crowds who sit on their hands. I can achknowledge that it's often that way cause of the product being presented, and I'm not saying people going to Raw should be obliged to be a "hot" crowd. But the positive reactions of the NXT crowd make the show feel like a hot property and something to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

The NXT audience is probably 40% or more of why that brand is a success. Hating them is just nonsense.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Christ, I hate that "Hey, we want some Bailey" chant.
    Here's a nice article from last year about the NXT Full Sail crowd, and how they've become their own biggest fans

http://www.workofwrestling.com/wowblog/2015/11/19/lets-be-smarter-a-message-for-nxt-fans

Geez, those darn fans getting behind a star and making a chant for her. Curse them, curse them all! That's what's wrong with this business! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I HATE crowds who sit on their hands. I can achknowledge that it's often that way cause of the product being presented, and I'm not saying people going to Raw should be obliged to be a "hot" crowd. But the positive reactions of the NXT crowd make the show feel like a hot property and something to get into.

It's one of the more understated elements of the shift to PG. Whilst it's overstated as to how a PG product hinders creative (if it's good writing, age classification is no barrier) I feel there is a correlation between the PG turn and silent crowds. I feel that's due to the fact you're going get more parents, with no investment or interest in the product, bringing their kids along and, as consequence, don't really respond to the product accordingly. Granted, the actual writing of the flagship show being so inconsistent isn't close to helping, but the non-fan element of the crowd would play its part, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The only time theyve really annoyed me was when they booed any mention of the brooklyn takeover other then that its one of the reasons why it has been a success.

its the same type of crowd for the day after mania that usually delivers a good raw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's one of the more understated elements of the shift to PG. Whilst it's overstated as to how a PG product hinders creative (if it's good writing, age classification is no barrier) I feel there is a correlation between the PG turn and silent crowds. I feel that's due to the fact you're going get more parents, with no investment or interest in the product, bringing their kids along and, as consequence, don't really respond to the product accordingly. Granted, the actual writing of the flagship show being so inconsistent isn't close to helping, but the non-fan element of the crowd would play its part, I'd imagine.

It's interesting, Raw crowds tend to be behind Roman Regins yet he gets dumped on at PPVs.

The NXT crowd doesn't know when to shut up though most of the time they'll happily go along with whatever the show asks of them.

People can respond however they want but boy does silence suck the energy out of the room.

Monokne wrote: »
    Geez, those darn fans getting behind a star and making a chant for her. Curse them, curse them all! That's what's wrong with this business! :rolleyes:

For the record, I hate the roll eyes emoji. Theres no need of it.

That is one annoying chant, regardless of how you look at it. "Hey, we want some Bailey"? And she's there in front of them. It's dumb.

I never said anything about cursing the fans. I enjoy some of their antics too.

Keep your roll eyes Monokne

The rolleyes was purely so people would know it was sarcasm - I've had people mistake sarcasm for enthusiasm on here in the past. I even added a little smiley above it so no one could possibly take offence. But alas, this is the internet in 2016 and it's really impossible not to offend someone! I'm sorry if I upset you fam :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Maybe :pac: or :D would be much better. The eyeroll is the most dismissive smiley!

:mad:

:pac:

The rolleyes was purely so people would know it was sarcasm - I've had people mistake sarcasm for enthusiasm on here in the past. I even added a little smiley above it so no one could possibly take offence. But alas, this is the internet in 2016 and it's really impossible not to offend someone! I'm sorry if I upset you fam :-)

Ok, thanks for that., I appreciate it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eye roll smilies should be auto-corrected to this in pro wrestling forum...

rwJMM_s-200x150.gif

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Maybe :pac: or :D would be much better. The eyeroll is the most dismissive smiley!

:mad:

:pac:
    Fair comment

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for that., I appreciate it:)
    No probs fam. No harm, no foul.

• Advertisement

Well Chad Gable is one and actually got the Wrestling observer rookie of the year award.
    Yes. I knew there was someone who came on the scene that I wasn't thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

eye roll smileys hurt my feelings.

People over analysing professional wrestling and claiming to know what WWE think hurts mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Nothing on the internet hurts mine because I'm a big boy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Angron wrote: »
    I really think Dana's become one of the most improved people on the roster, alongside Corbin. She's grown into her character really well.

I remember when she debuted everyone on social media hated her and the fans booed her. There is a lesson here that ultimately this is developmental and people should be given a chance to develop and gain confidence, instead of crapping all over them on their debut. Who knows, maybe Eva Marie will win most improved one day. :)

I remember when she debuted everyone on social media hated her and the fans booed her. )

She's a heel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The difference between Dana and Eva is Dana had at least some talent when she appeared on TV. Eva on the other hand is attractive, but atrocious.

You take that back Angron. You take that back at once! Eva is one of the best workers in the biz-i-ness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe she'll be the next undefined Divas champion.

(In all her time in the company, that's the only thing I really remember Alicia Fox doing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

She's a heel.

No but I mean in the sense of saying she can't work, she has no talent and shouldn't on tv and so on. People were chanting "You can't wrestle" two minutes into her debut, which is clearly ridiculous.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057358552&page=16

Advertisement