Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The santana garrett vs asuka match was a great match on this weeks episode. Also how can anyone not like carmella.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought Santana did really well. Was a short enough match but she actually looked like someone who could've beat Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Crowd fairly dead this week, lots of silences. Id swear the physio from breaking ground is in the first row at ringside cheering along wearing a balor club t shirt!

Crowd fairly dead this week, lots of silences. Id swear the physio from breaking ground is in the first row at ringside cheering along wearing a balor club t shirt!

Carmella who is over as fcuk seemed to come out to crickets alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Thought that was by far Finn's best match as a lot of his have fallen flat for me for reasons I can't put my finger on.

Interestingly, he wrestled a much more heel style, and the match in general was extremely puro in tone, which makes sense given both of their backgrounds.

He's definitely turning heel soonish.

• Advertisement

Thought that was by far Finn's best match as a lot of his have fallen flat for me for reasons I can't put my finger on.

Interestingly, he wrestled a much more heel style, and the match in general was extremely puro in tone, which makes sense given both of their backgrounds.

He's definitely turning heel soonish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

This was the final hour of a 4 hour Full Sail taping. It very much told. Crowd struggled to get up for anything. Bear in mind, they had just watch Zayn V Joe 3 hours into the taping go to a non finish.

I'm sure Carmella is a nice girl, but I just don't see anything in her. She's just super plain. She inspires indifference. And she's below average in the ring and on the mic.

Apollo's promos feel so forced.

Vaudevillains feels like they've jumped the shark. One note joke, and it's played out. I thought the Hype Bros had potential as heels presented as obnoxious babyfaces, but the more I see of them the less I think of them.

Asuka-Santana was clumsy in spots. Doesn't say much for Santana when Asuka can have a better match with Cameron than her.

This was the final hour of a 4 hour Full Sail taping. It very much told. Crowd struggled to get up for anything. Bear in mind, they had just watch Zayn V Joe 3 hours into the taping go to a non finish.

I'm sure Carmella is a nice girl, but I just don't see anything in her. She's just super plain. She inspires indifference. And she's below average in the ring and on the mic.

Apollo's promos feel so forced.

Vaudevillains feels like they've jumped the shark. One note joke, and it's played out. I thought the Hype Bros had potential as heels presented as obnoxious babyfaces, but the more I see of them the less I think of them.

Asuka-Santana was clumsy in spots. Doesn't say much for Santana when Asuka can have a better match with Cameron than her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love that Finn used Bloody Sunday, even if they'd never actually use that name.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If they allowed main roster matches to end like this week's main event WWE would have more stars.

The champ backs up his pre match words. Commentary team sell how far he had to push to get the win puts over Apollo.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bull :(

Clearly he didn't have a future in WWE but I kinda liked him for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

:( Loved the whole bull-fit gimmick and the little vignettes that went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Thought the Crews vs. Balor match was good. Crews would thrive on the main roster with his skills in the ring, can do the high flying moves or be the power wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Crews has looked his best in WWE both times he's wrestled Balor in singles. They've got a good chemistry and there's a nice blend of styles there. I don't think Apolllo is quite ready for the top bracket yet though. I understand they want to push Balor as the face of the brand but he's much better in a heel role, I just think Zayn could be used as their top face, he's far more natural in that spot.

Agreed, but it's clear as day to me they're at least contemplating a Bálor turn, he wrestled a heel style v Apollo.

Thought it was his best match of his tenure too.

I'm going to mention this for the last time, being from Northern Ireland, I'm very uncomfortable with a move called "Bloody Sunday". You're talking about a massacre where 14 civilians were killed and it wasn't that long ago. I feel Fergal, being Irish, should have known better than to call a move that.

I'm not someone easily offended or offended for the sake of it but it struck me as a poor choice of phrase.

I'll not mention it again!

Agreed, but it's clear as day to me they're at least contemplating a Bálor turn, he wrestled a heel style v Apollo.

Thought it was his best match of his tenure too.

I'm going to mention this for the last time, being from Northern Ireland, I'm very uncomfortable with a move called "Bloody Sunday". You're talking about a massacre where 14 civilians were killed and it wasn't that long ago. I feel Fergal, being Irish, should have known better than to call a move that.

I'm not someone easily offended or offended for the sake of it but it struck me as a poor choice of phrase.

I'll not mention it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Palo Alto wrote: »

Not saying you're wrong to be offended but you're coming from a different frame of mind than he is on it. It's named for Bloody Sunday in 1920. The link to a interview he said it in is below. Basically he was asked if it was named after the U2 song and his reply was:

"Not really a U2 fan, the Bloody Sunday is a reference and tribute to those how lost their lives on a date in Irish history which is considered to be a huge turning point in the war of independence in 1920."

https://prowrestlingisart.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/prince-devitt-the-dirty-dirty-sheets-interview/

Apologies if this would be considered off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He must have known most people would associate it with the Bloody Sunday in Derry though, as it's much better known.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

He must have known most people would associate it with the Bloody Sunday in Derry though, as it's much better known.

In this part of the world anyway. I'd imagine it was probably named while he was primarily wrestling in Japan and didn't really have to think of an other connotation than what he wanted it to have.

• Advertisement

Crews has looked his best in WWE both times he's wrestled Balor in singles. They've got a good chemistry and there's a nice blend of styles there. I don't think Apolllo is quite ready for the top bracket yet though. I understand they want to push Balor as the face of the brand but he's much better in a heel role, I just think Zayn could be used as their top face, he's far more natural in that spot.

Zayn is main roster bound ASAP. Balor is, at the moment, scheduled to remain on NXT as the face of the brand for the time being.

Balor is apparently picking up quite a few injuries just from the NXT schedule. He left the NXT event last night on crutches with ice on his ankle. Hopefully it's not serious but would his body stand up to the main roster schedule?

Edit: WWE confirming the injury http://www.wwe.com/inside/finn-balor-injures-ankle?sf20497324=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I dont know why but my immediate thought was this is a work. That this is gonna somehow play into the BC debut

NXT TV has been taped for the next few months, so this isn't an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hopefully it's not too bad. The schedule that the wrestlers work for WWE is barbaric anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Am i the only one who would have loved for Balor to turn on Bayley there (like back in the attitude era) . It would have been a great way for him to get heel heat:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So how long will it be before a Finn & Bayley rumour starts up?? Or maybe I just started it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He seemed more excited than anyone else there. Though a couple times I was wondering what drugs he was on for the pain. :)

Also looked like Bayley was giving him an eyeful the way she opened the jacket in front of him.

• Advertisement

Wonder how Aaron will feel about that...

Advertisement