Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

She wears different colours every week mate.

I don't see her being associated with Cena. Her act & charisma is very individual. Wouldn't make any sense to pair her with someone, particularly someone who gets booed by half the people.

I think she'll be called up at some point in the 8 weeks after Mania. She tweeted a pic from WWE's head office in Stamford this week and they seem to be setting up a title change with her next challenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yep, I fully expect her to lose the title soon (no spoilers re Takeover) and she will be called up to the main roster the night after WM. She can work a programme with Paige and then build to a title match vs Sasha at SummerSlam a year on from NXT Brooklyn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    She wears different colours every week mate.

I don't see her being associated with Cena. Her act & charisma is very individual. Wouldn't make any sense to pair her with someone, particularly someone who gets booed by half the people.

I think she'll be called up at some point in the 8 weeks after Mania. She tweeted a pic from WWE's head office in Stamford this week and they seem to be setting up a title change with her next challenger.

That was an appearance in E&C network show as far as I know.

I hadn't heard that fam. I thought that was all in the can a while ago judging by the volume of different clips in the previews.

Incidentally, it's absolute turd but I'll have to watch her episode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is it me, or is Alex Riley slowly morphing into Triple H circa 99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is it me, or is Alex Riley slowly morphing into Triple H circa 99

No idea what your talking about

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB7taz9BgKv/?taken-by=rileywwe

So then, by the new year he'll be carrying the entire company.

So then, by the new year he'll be carrying the entire company.

Most likely, Blud

He should starting adding "ah" to the ends of his sentences(ah)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

"Timeahhhhhhh to Rageahhhhhh" *SPITS WATER*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ugh, Riley is awful. Totally insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ugh, Riley is awful. Totally insufferable.

Ah Hes not, theres worse than him. I feel sorry for him with his injury troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I feel sorry for him if that story was true about getting on the wrong side of John Cena before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Much like Damien Sandow, he never really recovered from being the Miz's lackey. Main difference with those two though was people liked seeing Sandow.

Alex Riley is enjoyable enough when he's on NXT though. It was a big move going back to wrestling.

Angron wrote: »
    Much like Damien Sandow, he never really recovered from being the Miz's lackey. Main difference with those two though was people liked seeing Sandow.

Riley had some traction after he split with Miz. Big reaction to the win over Miz on PPV in 2011. But then they never followed up on it and he quickly got lost in the shuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Riley had some traction after he split with Miz. Big reaction to the win over Miz on PPV in 2011. But then they never followed up on it and he quickly got lost in the shuffle.

i think as Stereomaniac said whatever happened with cena seems to have got him heat with people and stopped any kind of push

I was full sure the Riley was gonna be huge. He seemed to have it all, great style, good look, well built, and able to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I was full sure the Riley was gonna be huge. He seemed to have it all, great style, good look, well built, and able to talk.

Everyone has one of those. Mine is Elijah Burke, I was convinced he was going to be huge for WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Everyone has one of those. Mine is Elijah Burke, I was convinced he was going to be huge for WWE.

I will never know how test was not a bigger deal then he was

Test was a charisma vacuum. He just had zero personality, bad promos.

I know what you mean in the sense I looked at him at first and he was a younger, more athletic Kevin Nash. But as time went on, he just didn't have anything,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess that would be Big Cass now.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess that would be Big Cass now.

Bigg cass is nothing like test. Big Cass is good on the mic and can have a good match in the ring. And he's knocking off carmella. Mucho respect on that front.

I meant In the physical appearance department. Though Test had Stacy and Kelly, so he didn't do too bad either.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I meant In the physical appearance department. Though Test had Stacy and Kelly, so he didn't do too bad either.

Fair point. But big cass seems to have some mic skills and charisma which god love test he couldn't to quote jim cornette he couldn't make 15 cents in chinese money with his mic skills or personality.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bigg cass is nothing like test. Big Cass is good on the mic and can have a good match in the ring. And he's knocking off carmella. Mucho respect on that front.

Test has lots of decent - good singles matches. His work was fine. Short of good, but he was not actively bad. In there with the right guy, he had good matches. Eddie pulled good matches out of him, for example.

Big Cass is heavily protected in a team where all he does is some power spots after a hot tag. Also, he's working in front of the kindest audience in pro wrestling. If you put Big Cass in the ring on Raw in a 10 minute singles match with, say, The Miz, I would confidently predict he'd be badly exposed.

Plus Cass doesn't have a great look. He's tall but not particularly good looking and he has no body.

I really think Big Cass and Enzo Amore have that New Age Outlaws intangible quality where the sum of their parts is greater than both of the individuals. If Colin Cassady is protected in the tag team then he equally does the same thing for Enzo, who isn't any great shakes in the ring either as far as I can see. On the Test thing, I really thought he was hamstrung by never getting his real headline feud with Triple H after he stole Stephanie.

I really think Big Cass and Enzo Amore have that New Age Outlaws intangible quality where the sum of their parts is greater than both of the individuals. If Colin Cassady is protected in the tag team then he equally does the same thing for Enzo, who isn't any great shakes in the ring either as far as I can see. On the Test thing, I really thought he was hamstrung by never getting his real headline feud with Triple H after he stole Stephanie.

Good shout re: Enzo and Cass. Absolutely better as a team than singles.

While I agree Test got shortchanged by not getting an angle with Hunter, it doesn't ultimately matter in terms of where he ended up. He just was not a top guy.

Wasn't Cass competing as a singles wrestler while Enzo was injured? Think this was about the time I started watching so I didn't know them before that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Both men need each other, they tend to hide each others short comings as a tandum to a degree.

They have jumped the shark in NXT since their title shot at London (though Id argue WWE missed the boat not putting them over in Brooklyn rather they went with the 1 dimensional Vaudevillans.)

I feel they could have a good impact on Raw if the debuted to a crowd in the know and could do well but I believe they have a sell by date that would fast approach once the initial buzz over the team died down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Anyone else not really feel that much love for the Zayn/Joe match fromy this weeks show. I've seen certain quarters of the net call it a MOTYC and Tazz saying it was a throwback, a proper old school match.

It was good, and I understand the reasons why you'd layout the match like that and why they wanted it to be a full show, things like creating a special moment, a talking point and I suppose it helps in getting Joe over as a big threat to the title again after he lost at the last Takeover.

But that was a match that easily could have been condensed into a 23 minute match. Like it's the kind of match that you'd only dare put in front of a very receptive crowd (and the NXT crowd in Full Sail is definitely that) but even they didn't seem that enthused, pretty quiet during that entire middle third, and weren't hot for the finish at all. Definitely a match that would have benefited from trimming the fat (most of the 1st third, most of the stalling tactics like the count out teases) and if it had of been worked at a higher tempo. Like credit to the lads for their work but they were given way too much time and match quality suffered as a result

Advertisement