Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Monokne wrote: »
    Good shout re: Enzo and Cass. Absolutely better as a team than singles.

While I agree Test got shortchanged by not getting an angle with Hunter, it doesn't ultimately matter in terms of where he ended up. He just was not a top guy.
    Yeah of course Test wasn't a top guy. I just thought that he could have been helped along and not been made like as much of a schmuck by the company as he was. Himself and Triple H had a natural feud through the Stephanie thing. If I'm remembering correctly, it became a feud between Triple H and Vince after that.
    I guess Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore are going to win the NXT Tag Team Championship on Saturday night now? I really like The Revival and I think this is a mistake. I'm sure there will be a big crowd pop but I think more can be done with The Revival on NXT at the moment than can be done with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yeah of course Test wasn't a top guy. I just thought that he could have been helped along and not been made like as much of a schmuck by the company as he was. Himself and Triple H had a natural feud through the Stephanie thing. If I'm remembering correctly, it became a feud between Triple H and Vince after that.
    I guess Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore are going to win the NXT Tag Team Championship on Saturday night now? I really like The Revival and I think this is a mistake. I'm sure there will be a big crowd pop but I think more can be done with The Revival on NXT at the moment than can be done with the others.

I think there going to be called up after mania so i wouldnt be suprised if this is there last apperrence in an NXT granted its a wwe event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fully agree with the above re Zayn/Joe. Went on far too long, especially the lead up to the first fall. It was good but it could have been a great 20 minute match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pentecost wrote: »
    Fully agree with the above re Zayn/Joe. Went on far too long, especially the lead up to the first fall. It was good but it could have been a great 20 minute match.

Ye you could eliminate that first third entirely and you'd miss absolutely nothing from it, if anything you'd have a better, more streamlined match. Crowd very quiet in the middle third of it cos there was such a lack of anything in the first third. Finish also felt pretty flat too.

They tried something different, this wasn't your typical big WWE match, the stretch featured far less false finishes than is the norm, the pace was consistently methodical. The problem is when you condition your audience to believe that one specific type of match is "awesome" you are met with apathy when you try anything else. That being said, I'm not sure there are many fanbases that match would have played well in front of except probably a southern audience 30 years ago.

I suppose the fact that I already knew how it ended didn't make me want to take in every minute of it as well to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just finished the joe zayn 2 out of 3 falls match. I just loved it. An old school nwa worlds title feel to it. They did the old thing of announcing other matches and then saying they will happen at a later date. That Happened in one of the steamboat vs flair trilogy matches with the us title as well. I liked that move because it sells the matches without having any interaction between the competitors.

Brilliant episode of nxt. Magical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

sky88 wrote: »
    I think there going to be called up after mania so i wouldnt be suprised if this is there last apperrence in an NXT granted its a wwe event.

I think Gable & Jordan are getting the straps in Texas. This is likely just Enzo & Cass doing the favours on the way out, as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

sky88 wrote: »
    Hopefully The Revival defeat them in a decisive fashion. I just love those guys recently.

Sami zayn will face Shinsuke Nakamura at nxt takeover dallas as just announced on nxt on the network

Bayley will face Asuka at nxt takeover dallas just announced on nxt

Don't know who I want to win this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bayley will face Asuka at nxt takeover dallas just announced on nxt

Don't know who I want to win this one.
    I'm guessing Bayley drops the title and debuts on the main roster the night after Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I don't like NXT booking like this.

Why is Zayn fighting him? No reason. Did he poo in his travel bag?

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Fact he's going to lose doesn't help either. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

With those two additions it's pretty much guaranteed that Takeover will be better than Mania. Would have much preferred if they kept Sami's match under wraps until the night of the event though, he comes out to the ring cutting the same promo how he wishes he had a match, then
    Nakamura's NJPW theme starts playing and King Of Strong Style comes up on the tron :D

Why, though.

No reason. Stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Heres a reason, they are 2 of the best, most over workers in the world and are going to be working in front of the smarkiest of smarky crowds! Seriously who gives a flying fúck why its happening, just enjoy it. Or maybe its because its happening in WWE and not NJPW or some shít indy that means its bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Why, though.

No reason. Stupid.

Sami was upset he didn't have a match. Regal came out and gave him a match. Does there need to be anything more to it than that? And with Sami being on the main roster now it's probably his last Takeover match, so why not let him go out with, on paper, what could be a MOTY candidate.

Ehh no, it's because it should be storyline based television and it's lazy as hell.

It's thick to have Zayn munch another loss for no reason.

Let him go out with back to back losses. Class mate.

Remember Zayn/Owens? That's what's called an angle, this is a joke and a rush job.

It is storyline based. Sami wanted a match, Regal got him the best match he could. Where is the lazyness? Zayn is leaving NXT, why is it thick to have him put over somebody new before he moves up? Jesus consider this, they might even follow it up when
    Nak
    moves to the main roster soon afterwards, you know just like they are doing with Zayn and Owens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is there any word on if Nakamura will be keeping his name, or getting a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Angron wrote: »
    Is there any word on if Nakamura will be keeping his name, or getting a new one?

Baron van Strongstyle apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any idea what Nakamura said? Couldn't hear him over the crowd.

Corey reminds me of Jesse Ventura, especially when Eva was on her way to the ring

Something like "NXT, Sami Zayn, I'll see you in Dallas. I'm Shinsuke Nakamura"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any idea what Nakamura said? Couldn't hear him over the crowd.

Corey reminds me of Jesse Ventura, especially when Eva was on her way to the ring

Yep I wonder whose place on the raw announce team he will take once he eventually does move there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I don't like NXT booking like this.

Why is Zayn fighting him? No reason. Did he poo in his travel bag?

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Fact he's going to lose doesn't help either. Stupid.

I'd say you're literally the only person on the internet who isn't happy that Sami Zayn is fighting Shinsuke F'N Nakamura. Nakamura! So what if there's run-in storyline, we have that with Corbin and Austin Aries. Austin by god Aries! Sure Kurt Angle fought Chris Benoit at WrestleMania X7 with little to no build and it was class. Stars lose on their way out all the time, it's tradition. Plus, Zayn could win the IC title against Kevin Owens literally two nights later at WrestleMania. That's Steen vs Generico at Mania btw, let that sink in.

Nakamura, Aries, Steen vs Generico all in WWE and still the moaning. You just can't please some people.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd say you're literally the only person on the internet who isn't happy that Sami Zayn is fighting Shinsuke F'N Nakamura. Nakamura! So what if there's run-in storyline, we have that with Corbin and Austin Aries. Austin by god Aries! Sure Kurt Angle fought Chris Benoit at WrestleMania X7 with little to no build and it was class. Stars lose on their way out all the time, it's tradition. Plus, Zayn could win the IC title against Kevin Owens literally two nights later at WrestleMania. That's Steen vs Generico at Mania btw, let that sink in.

Nakamura, Aries, Steen vs Generico all in WWE and still the moaning. You just can't please some people.

Simple reason being that WWE isnt New Japan or RoH or PWG or whatever promotion is deemed to be better than WWE by the "hardcore fans" at the given moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

WWE just released this on their Official Youtube channel today hyping Nakamura

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Elias Samson is the roman reigns of nxt. Boring, devoid of charisma and gets booed as soon as he walks out. At least they appear to have turned him heel this week.

On the plus side I love asukas jumping arm bar take down.

Also when they first pronounced Nakamuras name I thought they said 'Shìtstain Nakamura'!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've noticed that about NXT. They put someone out there and if they get a negative reaction they go with that. Corbin was another one.

Don't remember seeing Swann before, yet people seemed to react as if they had. Ring announcer seemed to be enjoying his moves. The ref didn't.

Had to laugh at Dana using the phrase "Do the job" when that's what Emma did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

LeeJM wrote: »
    Simple reason being that WWE isnt New Japan or RoH or PWG or whatever promotion is deemed to be better than WWE by the "hardcore fans" at the given moment.

100% true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Not much happened on NXT this week.

American Alpha video package is worth a watch though.

Advertisement