Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Baron Corbin cut a great promo on Aries this week.

He could do very, very well on the main roster as a top heel. His ring work has improved dramatically, he has the size Vince likes and he's just naturally unlikable.

Can't wait for this show. Should be awesome, may well be the best show of the weekend those some of those Evolve shows have incredible line ups.

I like Corbin, his offense is believable and intense. As you say, he's naturally unlikeable too, and he can talk some as well. He'll do well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Baron Corbin cut a great promo on Aries this week.

He could do very, very well on the main roster as a top heel. His ring work has improved dramatically, he has the size Vince likes and he's just naturally unlikable.

Can't wait for this show. Should be awesome, may well be the best show of the weekend those some of those Evolve shows have incredible line ups.

I see him as a member of the Wyatt family when they need freshening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I see him as a member of the Wyatt family when they need freshening up.

God no. The Wyatt's are unfortunately damaged goods now. He should be called up on his own and booked as a upper to main event level heel. They desperately need heels right now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That Vergil burn though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

https://twitter.com/TheRealVirgil/status/715353621098061826
    Staying relevant & getting that #f*ckmoney 30 years later. Love it like I love my meat sauce @BaronCorbinWWE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good video for Bayley/Asuka.

Had to laugh at the commentators not knowing the names of the guys who came in to break up Joe and Bull

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Coming to Dublin on the next UK tour in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I hope The Lone Wolf potatoes that vanilla midget Aries.

I love him. Good booking. Still love his go back to ROH diss to Crews who obviously never even wrestled there.

Top lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

cian68 wrote: »
    Coming to Dublin on the next UK tour in June.
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omackeral wrote: »

Virgil bummed a lift from the airport in Dallas with some fans. Stood around for 2 hours to get one as he had no money to pay for a cab. Pic:

Ce5b-LvUYAA8FST.jpg

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I hope The Lone Wolf potatoes that vanilla midget Aries.

1998 wants its insult back, brother.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was tongue-in-cheek, I like Aries but I do think there's definitely something in Corbin being the indie-killer.

As was mine.

I agree though. Great gimmick and he's impressing in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's improved a ton in the ring too. Working with Joe, Gable and Jordan did wonders for him. His punches look good and I love his finisher, even if it is basically a reverse Rock Bottom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not seen Aries in years. Has he learned basic ring psychology yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's improved a ton in the ring too. Working with Joe, Gable and Jordan did wonders for him. His punches look good and I love his finisher, even if it is basically a reverse Rock Bottom :pac:

Got to agree. He used to annoy me but I've warmed to him now he's developed a proper gimmick and he's clearly been working to improve in the ring. I'm not sure about the indie killer gimmick on the main roster though given their reluctance to talk about pre WWE work. Maybe if a lot of the other former indie stars come up as well it could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im really starting to like baron too i still think he needs another year in nxt before hes main roster ready.

gimmick wrote: »
    Not seen Aries in years. Has he learned basic ring psychology yet?

***** level trolling here, well done br'ah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lord TSC wrote: »

Pretty sure this is being universally panned. Rightly so, everything about it is cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Monokne wrote: »
    ***** level trolling here, well done br'ah

No trolling. Aries in ROH was absolutely hopeless at selling. He would have his leg worked over for 5 minutes and 2 seconds later he is pulling a drop kick etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just gonna leave this here, NXT is going on the road again, starting at this year's Download Festival
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwe-nxt-return-uk-ireland-7666019

gimmick wrote: »
    No trolling. Aries in ROH was absolutely hopeless at selling. He would have his leg worked over for 5 minutes and 2 seconds later he is pulling a drop kick etc.

This is Ospreay right now. Confused as to why Voices of Wrestling and a few others reckon he'll have best match of the weekend with Ricochet. He should improve a lot in New Japan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here, NXT is going on the road again, starting at this year's Download Festival
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwe-nxt-return-uk-ireland-7666019

NXT in Dublin, quality! Let's hope they don't leave Shinsuke at home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pretty sure this is being universally panned. Rightly so, everything about it is cringe.

514B8EE8A0L.jpg

Thats you told TSC for having an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll second TSC, I think the t shirt is great and I'll be picking it up for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

100% agree. Very cool shirt. Expect Nak to make a tonne of money from merch in his WWE run

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like the shirt, might get one at some stage if I have the monies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Is anyone getting up for this? Im right in saying its 3am start time?

Advertisement