Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

LeeJM wrote: »
    514B8EE8A0L.jpg

Thats you told TSC for having an opinion

Don't remember saying he can't have an opinion. I'm just telling you the reaction I've seen to it. Personally I agree with that reaction, to put it in nice, simple terms; "it looks bad."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

den87 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting up for this? Im right in saying its 3am start time?

I'll play it by ear. I'll see how I'm faring as I'm out on the pints tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'll play it by ear. I'll see how I'm faring as I'm out on the pints tonight.

If it was me, I'd be one of two ways after the pints... All geared up, or panned asleep 5 minutes after sitting down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    If it was me, I'd be one of two ways after the pints... All geared up, or panned asleep 5 minutes after sitting down

Now Gerry my good man. I said I'd see. I could be fast asleep on the kitchen table at 1am with the burger going cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

If I wake up I'll watch it live, but most likely I'll watch at 6am when my stupid brain tends to make me wake up regardless of what I was doing the night before.

• Advertisement

Leaked video of Shinsuke Nakamura practising his entrance. I like the new theme (not as much as Subconscious) I'm wrapping this youtube video in Spoiler tags

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone wanna take a guess at he ticket prices for the Dublin show? Reckon it will be the same as the main shows? Not sure if I will be able to afford to go with tickets on sale next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone wanna take a guess at he ticket prices for the Dublin show? Reckon it will be the same as the main shows? Not sure if I will be able to afford to go with tickets on sale next week :(

For Ringside, I'd imagine you'd be looking at €50 and upwards.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    For Ringside, I'd imagine you'd be looking at €50 and upwards.

Its usually 85-ish, so would be happy with 50 :P

Its usually 85-ish, so would be happy with 50 :P

Yikes that is expensive, then again if ya want the good seats, best part with the cash, not entirely sure what put €50 in my head.. Come hell or high water I will get myself a ticket for this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I will go considering it will be a smarky crowd with less kids in attendance than normal WWE shows.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yikes that is expensive, then again if ya want the good seats, best part with the cash, not entirely sure what put €50 in my head.. Come hell or high water I will get myself a ticket for this..

Yeah, usually the price points are €33.50/ €59.15/ €76.00

Now, it being NXT, it'll go one of two ways. "Ok, this is a lesser known roster amoung general masses, so reduce the price" OR "Ok, this is going to draw a hardcore crowd, double the prices!"

:P
    I will go considering it will be a smarky crowd with less kids in attendance than normal WWE shows.

Be interesting. Think it will be down round ringside. Given that the main show is coming to Dublin in three weeks, I'd be sure they'll advertise the show there, in hopes of grabbing some casual fans and families. At the same time, usually, they announce the November tour as well round then, so those tickets could be going on sale round then too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Where are you finding info about the June Dublin show? Ticketmaster has got squat on it.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Where are you finding info about the June Dublin show? Ticketmaster has got squat on it.

They announced it on Takeover. 3Arena, tickets on sale April 8th (iirc). prices above are what the main roster usually charges when they visit Dublin at the 3Arena. Date was 9th June, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Do we think they'll fill the 3Arena? NXT is still quite niche really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

They announced it on Takeover. 3Arena, tickets on sale April 8th (iirc). prices above are what the main roster usually charges when they visit Dublin at the 3Arena. Date was 9th June, I think.

Pretty sure it was 14th of june, a fecking tuesday :(

Pentecost wrote: »
    Do we think they'll fill the 3Arena? NXT is still quite niche really.

Not a chance. Main roster don't fill it.
    Sirsok wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was 14th of june, a fecking tuesday :(

Ah, is it? I couldn't remember the exact dates. Thanks :)

Whats ****ing annoying is that I am off to Florida the week after and was planning to try and see them over there. Hoping that it doesn't mean there's nothing happening over there...

Odyssey/SSE in Belfast the night before, Monday 13th. Will definitely go, have never been to a WWE event in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Odyssey/SSE in Belfast the night before, Monday 13th. Will definitely go, have never been to a WWE event in my life.

Friend to friend (we're all friends here), do you care about the lack of story and drama behind Nakamura/Zayn after watching them go at it last night?

No, it was a 5 star match and the atmosphere was incredible.

Will be interesting to see how they transition him into storyline-based feuds going forward.

• Advertisement

4 weeks worth of NXT shows have been recorded for after Takeover. Results :
    **Episode 1**

* [Match] Asuka def. Eva Marie

* Nia Jax comes down ringside, avoids a kick from Asuka, and takes Eva away from ringside.

* [Match] The Revival def. 3.0 (Scott Parker and Shane Matthews from CHIKARA)

* The Revival cut a promo saying how much they love wrestling and they're going to put every tag team in the world on notice

* [Match] [Hype Bros](https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/CB67375E0E1328123321711292416_SW_WEBM_1459623419480c75fdd3bb5.mp4?versionId=JTvmCSiMSq1texIV1SOtzQ68tk22fGbu) def. Blake and Murphy (without Alexa Bliss) via Hype Ryder

* The Revival attack The Hype Bros at the top of the stage after the match

* [Match] [Carmella](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD0wjqUAAAINen.jpg) def. Aaliyah via Submission. People noting Aaliyah looks very impressive

* [Match] [SHINSUKE NAKAMURA](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD2Ck-UAAAnYBk.jpg) def. Elias Sampson [via Kinshasa](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD3UP2UIAE4Dka.jpg). 'Drift Away' chants for Sampson

**Episode 2**

* [Match] [American Alpha def. Enzo and Cass](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD4daNVAAAy5V4.jpg) via Grand Amplitude. Non-title matchup. First time these teams have met.

* [Match] Nia Jax def. Deonna Purrazzo with the Leg Drop

* [Match] [No Way Jose](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD9liFUUAIO8zE.jpg) def. [Alexander Wolfe](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfD8QBrVAAA37Rt.jpg) (debuting from Germany). No Way Jose is super charismatic and his in-ring style described as 'super-high energy brawler with a heavy dose of comedy'

* [Match] Samoa Joe def. Apollo Crews via Submission. Said to be a great match and Crews' best since joining NXT.

**Episode 3**

* [Match] [Austin Aries](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfEBoGCVIAAdCD4.jpg) def. Angelo Dawkins via Discus Elbow

* [Match] Alexa Bliss def. Tessa Blanchard. Debut for Tessa.

* [Match] Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa def. The Vaudevillains! Gotch taps out to Ciampas submission. Ciampa has also lost his mohawk.

**Episode 4**

* [Match] [Baron Corbin](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfEIDsrVIAAbpIF.jpg) def. Tucker Knight via End of Days. The squashiest of squash matches

* [IT'S BAYLEY!](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfEJE7vVIAAVYV_.jpg) [She's making her way to the ring now.](https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/01A29F572C1328148920580608000_SW_WEBM_1459629558844d3967b7b59.mp4?versionId=vqx2xgR3KKi6oZFFPpk2MksGEgn3gfTU)

* [Match] Bayley def. Liv Morgan via Bayley To Belly.

* Bayley has a mic in-ring. "A true Champion is measured by how many times they get back up". Says she WILL be champion again. Super babyface promo.

* [Match] [Shinsuke Nakamura (!!!)](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfELvbyUUAAaNAE.jpg) def. Tye Dillinger via Kinshasa. Crowd are chanting 'He's 11! He's 11!' about Nakamura. Awesome match, reports saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

When was that taped?

Adiboo wrote: »
    When was that taped?

From one of the pics I seen, It looks like it was taped at Axxess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Palo Alto wrote: »
    No, it was a 5 star match and the atmosphere was incredible.

Will be interesting to see how they transition him into storyline-based feuds going forward.

I'd expect him to be booked in a not dissimilar manner to Asuka. Just do matches and let his personality & charisma do the talking rather than forcing him to do bad English promos.

Did you really think that match was 5 stars, or did you mean that the atmosphere was 5 stars?

Yeah, usually the price points are €33.50/ €59.15/ €76.00

Now, it being NXT, it'll go one of two ways. "Ok, this is a lesser known roster amoung general masses, so reduce the price" OR "Ok, this is going to draw a hardcore crowd, double the prices!"

Went to a couple of the NXT shows in the UK in December. Prices are low, similar to main roster tickets, and that included the taping in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm definitely making the trip up from Limerick to see Aries and Nakamura

Monokne wrote: »
    I'd expect him to be booked in a not dissimilar manner to Asuka. Just do matches and let his personality & charisma do the talking rather than forcing him to do bad English promos.

Did you really think that match was 5 stars, or did you mean that the atmosphere was 5 stars?

I rewatched the match, it was a solid 4 stars, his match v AJ at Wrestle Kingdom was 4 1/2 and Tana/Okada was the pushing 5 for me.

I'd say with the atmosphere it was a very special match for sure.

Yeah I had it pegged at ***3/4, so 4 is about right.

Atmosphere was incredible.

I'd legit go to see NXT just for American Alpha, thought of Nakamura/Bálor being there, I honestly can't get my head around it.

I've not been to a show since WCW in '93 so I'm so excited they're coming to Belfast.

Shopzone doing a third off a load of t-shirts this weekend, ordered my AA one, still pricey with shipping but pumped!

WRESTLING IS CLASS

Still need to watch Evolve shows, even on demand they've buffered like hell.

• Advertisement

My last wrestling house show was TNA in the M.E.N Arena in Manchester 6 years ago, so definitely going to try and score a ticket for NXT.

Advertisement