Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    It might be time to disown them.

I think so too, they are the type of relative you only maybe once in a blue moon..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought you were too busy washing your hair that night to go to a family gathering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looks like Finn will still be in nXt when this show comes around

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Looks like Finn will still be in nXt when this show comes around

I remember reading something last year saying how they want to make him the face of NXT and build the brand around them. They must be serious about that.

He's becoming far too bland for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Loughc wrote: »
    I remember reading something last year saying how they want to make him the face of NXT and build the brand around them. They must be serious about that.

He's becoming far too bland for my liking.

Not trying to start argument or be smart , just wondering what you mean by he is becoming too bland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not trying to start argument or be smart , just wondering what you mean by he is becoming too bland

His promos and his general matches all follow the same generic baby face formula. He makes a very bland baby face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I agree. He's too smooth in places. Sami Zayn had rough edges and was easier to get behind. For as talented as he is, Finn feels like everything comes too easy for him. Heel run would benefit him.

For those asking if he'll be on the tour, whether he has been called up or not, he will be. Meltzer mentioned it this weekend. Owens & Banks did the same after they were called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Finn badly needs a heel turn but this isnt a company willing to turn there main faces heel over the years so im not sure if we will see a heel turn if he goes on the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

With Anderson and Gallows joining it would suggest that Finn would turn heel if they're forming the Bullet Club, Balor Club or whatever they're calling it. BC as faces starting out, would they even get over with the fans? even AJ Styles is struggling to get good reactions at times and don't think just being associated with Finn would get Anderson and Gallows over.

With Anderson and Gallows joining it would suggest that Finn would turn heel if they're forming the Bullet Club, Balor Club or whatever they're calling it. BC as faces starting out, would they even get over with the fans? even AJ Styles is struggling to get good reactions at times and don't think just being associated with Finn would get Anderson and Gallows over.

In NXT theyd be over no problem its a smarky crowd, the main roster is anyones guess it all depends on how they are booked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

My only real issue with Balor is how awkward he is at promos and interviews. It's like you can see him reading the script in front of him. He really should invest in some acting lessons or something.

Everything else is on point though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

My only real issue with Balor is how awkward he is at promos and interviews. It's like you can see him reading the script in front of him. He really should invest in some acting lessons or something.

I'm sure they've put a lot of work into his promos. Don't think he'll ever be great at them though. Think the WWE see him as a Jeff Hardy type. Jeff was never a particularly great promo either but still became a big star due to his matches and his look.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

That's a fair comparison, although Jeff exuded more natural charisma than Bálor (but Bálor is the much better wrestler). He has had his best matches with Apollo imo, against whom he wrestled a more heel style.

If you look at his new japan work he was so much better as a heel and showed a lot of charisma as one.

They always seem to have him in just plain interviews were he doesnt get the chance to show anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I don't know, they rolled the boat out with that presentation where Becky and that were speaking and showed his last British tour footage.

It's surprised me that he hasn't progressed on the stick, it reminds me of when I used to have to speak in court as a legal apprentice, hyperventilating slightly so that it catches your breath and you're struggling to get the words out. He sounds like that to me, he needs to get over the anxiety of it somehow, imo. Over-scripting probably at fault, he could probably benefit from just being allowed to speak naturally.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I don't know, they rolled the boat out with that presentation where Becky and that were speaking and showed his last British tour footage.

It's surprised me that he hasn't progressed on the stick, it reminds me of when I used to have to speak in court as a legal apprentice, hyperventilating slightly so that it catches your breath and you're struggling to get the words out. He sounds like that to me, he needs to get over the anxiety of it somehow, imo. Over-scripting probably at fault, he could probably benefit from just being allowed to speak naturally.

I think over scripting hurts every wrestler nowadays especally like finn who arent great. roman and cesaro struggles the same way and makes them seem worse then they really are.

Wow, Jordan was emotional. Good to see it meant that much to him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah no big deal...

CffEnyrWIAEnduo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wow, Jordan was emotional. Good to see it meant that much to him

He and Gable both came across as such nice guys. I'm a fully fledged American Alpha mark now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I wanted The Revival to be Tag Team Champions forever. I really like those guys and their style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I love the Revival, but seriously now, there was no other choice, the belts had to go on Alpha, and now was the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think AA are fantastic. They are what Team Angle should have been

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's great for Jason Jordan as someone who seems to have struggled to carve out a role for himself for a long time. He's been in NXT/FCW a while, Gable is a natural star with his ability and personality and it's great that they clicked. All things being equal they can be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

It was touching to see how emotional they both were winning the titles. That, to me, is what wrestling is about. It made me believe it was more than just a pre determined contest where the outcomes don't really matter. It clearly did matter to them. And I loved that. It reminds me of being younger, before I knew the realities of pro wrestling, and how much I loved this sport.

Well done to American Alpha. The two of them are stars for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I kinda agree, he's supposed to be this demon but then when he talks he's the most normal, nice guy you could meet. He reminds me a premiership footballer: "Well, obviously like you know, at the end of the day it's all about the win. He's a tough opponent but hopefully if I am at my best I can get the victory".

Don't get my wrong, I think he's great overall but I don't see him making it to the top of the WWE main roster. It's clear Vince agrees as he has been in NXT longer than most with no sign of a main roster callup on the horizon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I kinda agree, he's supposed to be this demon but then when he talks he's the most normal, nice guy you could meet. He reminds me a premiership footballer: "Well, obviously like you know, at the end of the day it's all about the win. He's a tough opponent but hopefully if I am at my best I can get the victory".

Don't get my wrong, I think he's great overall but I don't see him making it to the top of the WWE main roster. It's clear Vince agrees as he has been in NXT longer than most with no sign of a main roster callup on the horizon.

Erm he is supposed to be Mr Normal until the Demon is unleashed. A split personality is part of the gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can his gimmick cut promos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can his gimmick cut promos?

Nope!

I know loads of episodes are already taped in advance and I'm trying to avoid the spoilers, but who on the current roster could be a strong opponent for Asuka, considering Bayley has pretty much beat them all and Asuka is tearing through them as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I have to say I enjoyed the Alexa bliss and tessa Blanchard👍👍👍 match. Alexa is a great heel.

Advertisement