Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Samoa Joe fought Nakamura in a house show in front of 300 people. Amazing really. That could be a WrestleMania match or a B PPV main event for the WWE title.

They need to push Joe up to the main roster, think they made a mistake calling up Crews and possibly Corbin before the likes of Joe and possibly Balor too depending on how this Bullet Club or Balor Club plays out. The guy would be a unreal monster heel for the main roster which they are missing at the moment if you give him the push Rusev got with the US title just hopefully he wont be fed to Cena like Rusev was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Samoa Joe should be in the main events on the main roster! They don't need to worry about strapping a rocket to him because he's already a proven entity, long before he even came to NXT. I'd say he could get a good match out of Roman Reigns, walloping him around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Samoa Joe should be in the main events on the main roster! They don't need to worry about strapping a rocket to him because he's already a proven entity, long before he even came to NXT. I'd say he could get a good match out of Roman Reigns, walloping him around.

He'd probably get teamed with Reigns and the Usos as their long lost cousin if Kevin Dunn or Vince have their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They need to push Joe up to the main roster, think they made a mistake calling up Crews and possibly Corbin before the likes of Joe and possibly Balor too depending on how this Bullet Club or Balor Club plays out. The guy would be a unreal monster heel for the main roster which they are missing at the moment if you give him the push Rusev got with the US title just hopefully he wont be fed to Cena like Rusev was.

Of course he will be :pac: That's how WWE have done it from Hogan to HBK to Austin to Rock to Cena to Reigns, they always get fed the big evil heels first and pretty much get buried by the top guys. It's the WWE way sadly.

Crews was called up to take Neville's spot to be fair, he wasn't much of a big deal in NXT anyway and I think he be a lower mid card guy rather then a main eventer. Corbin I think ran his course in NXT.

I think Joe will face Nakamura on the NXT Takeover show, after that he might stick around NXT until Summerslam then after that I think he debut then probably feud with Reigns around Royal Rumble time. The same with Balor, I think probably debut a bit before Summerslam as the leader of Balor Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Spoiler ahoy

Nxt spoiler

Sorry Link was wrong, my bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Spoiler ahoy

Nxt spoiler

Won't work for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

didnt work for me but all the wrestling news sites have it or go to twitter!!

Interesting development....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Interesting
    odd that they'd do it on a house show but presume they need or want to promote Finn before the next TV tapings. If they're not bringing him up then it's very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pentecost wrote: »
    Interesting
    odd that they'd do it on a house show but presume they need or want to promote Finn before the next TV tapings. If they're not bringing him up then it's very strange

Whether or not it was
    a work, i'm not sure. Seemingly, Finn injured his leg. The Ref threw up the crossed arms signifying to Medical that he was legit hurt. Muscle Buster came very shortly after this.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Whether or not it was
    a work, i'm not sure. Seemingly, Finn injured his leg. The Ref threw up the crossed arms signifying to Medical that he was legit hurt. Muscle Buster came very shortly after this.

Looks like
    He said goodbye to the crowd though so it must have been planned for him to drop the belt even if he didn't have an injury. Hopefully for his sake it's nothing too serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Whether or not it was

maybe
    They didn't want him going out looking weak in defeat as he could be in and leader of one of the big heel groups in WWE in 2016. No mention of his injury since from wrestling news sites

Theres a lot up in the air.

Sure the timing of the Anderson/Gallows team will fuel speculation, but its very odd that they booked it on a house show.

I'll happily wait and see how this places out and hope Finn isnt injured.

Finn, while being very bland as a face, has had great matches in all the takeovers and specials. His match with Joe at Dallas was great.

If he is promoted, and if hes a heel, he can flourish nicely on the main roster.

I do hope Demon Balor is put to bed and used very rarely if he is indeed promoted. I fear if he is a face going forward it will be used regularly at PPVs to further merch sales

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Video of said event (deliberately not embedding in case people want to avoid spoilers...though, good luck; WWE are pushing this like crazy on social media. Strikes me they aren't trying to keep this secret at all, like typical spoilers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFYvgJwii4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

A few things people are either accidentally or willfully forgetting.

Just because someone
    drops a belt and goes to the main roster they don't cease to exist on NXT. Kevin Owens & Sasha Banks continued to appear on NXT TV & at some live shows for 2 - 3 months after dropping their belts and did rematches too.

Secondly, Triple H has been very adept at using older promotional tactics that some would deem passé - like the Dusty tag tournament, or the quarterly big shows. Does not seem particularly strange to me that
    he would decide to switch a title on a house show like in the old days so as to give the people a reason to come to these shows. Did you see the faces on some of those fans? What a cool moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

What's the difference between NXT and the rest of the WWE? I was at the show in the 3Arena last night. It was enjoyable but very, very silly. I can suspend my disbelief long enough to enjoy professional wrestling but is the NXT more gritty or less theatrical? I guess that's what I'm looking for. I quite like the concept of wrestling. It has its roots in carnival and vaudeville and I love the fact that something so inherently ridiculous has gotten to the level it's at. I'd like to take more of an interest in it but the whole WWE brand is not what I'm looking for. Is NXT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What's the difference between NXT and the rest of the WWE? I was at the show in the 3Arena last night. It was enjoyable but very, very silly. I can suspend my disbelief long enough to enjoy professional wrestling but is the NXT more gritty or less theatrical? I guess that's what I'm looking for. I quite like the concept of wrestling. It has its roots in carnival and vaudeville and I love the fact that something so inherently ridiculous has gotten to the level it's at. I'd like to take more of an interest in it but the whole WWE brand is not what I'm looking for. Is NXT?

Well I'd describe nxt as the main wwe roster if the main roster was booked to be a more wrestling based show. The main wwe shows IMO are entertainment shows with wrestling sports entertainment in it. nxt is the opposite.

Also vince has nothing to do with nxt and it's better for it. Triple H is in charge and it has an old school nwa feel to it at times which I personally like.

NXT is much different to the main product. The main product has poorly written characters delivering awful lines in an attempt at humour. It's a really bad sitcom for long periods of the show.

If you can remind the last time Finn Balor & Samoa Joe stood in the ring arguing about a houseplant, then I'll give credence to the comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Video of said event (deliberately not embedding in case people want to avoid spoilers...though, good luck; WWE are pushing this like crazy on social media. Strikes me they aren't trying to keep this secret at all, like typical spoilers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFYvgJwii4

I know you pay your money and you're entitled to watch the show whatever you want but that guy at 32 seconds pisses me off so much.

Emotionless, watching the whole thing through his phone. Clown.

The guy right beside him is what it should be all about.

Incidentally, Meltzer reported that what happened at last night's NXT show was not a last minute decision.

Monokne wrote: »
    Incidentally, Meltzer reported that what happened at last night's NXT show was not a last minute decision.

Melty hasnt been great with his sources in the last while, I wouldnt be surprised if thats just him speculating

• Advertisement

Melty hasnt been great with his sources in the last while

In what sense? Do you read the Observer? Been spot on as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In relation to these spoilers
    I don't usually read them but accidentally read the one in the Finn Balor thread. Be funny if it changed hands again before the next tapings, the same way titles have changed hands on house shows before then changed back before the next Raw/Smackdown.

Actually, having just watched this week's NXT there were a lot of none too subtle hints that
    Joe would be winning it sooner rather than later. They even mentioned the fact that Joe would be challenging Finn for the title in Lowell.
    . I'd say it was planned for a little while anyway. Interested to see how it plays out, which is the objective from their point of view.

In what sense? Do you read the Observer? Been spot on as always.

I do, since aug of last year.

the chyna incident at pipers funeral story wasnt sourced properly, the del rio signing on fee wasnt correct either. both apparently sourced, both incorrect. Dont get me wrong, I love dave but I dont take everything he says as fact even if he says its sourced. I think the WO gets fed incorrect scoops from time to time.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Actually, having just watched this week's NXT there were a lot of none too subtle hints that
    Joe would be winning it sooner rather than later. They even mentioned the fact that Joe would be challenging Finn for the title in Lowell.
    . I'd say it was planned for a little while anyway. Interested to see how it plays out, which is the objective from their point of view.

Hmmm, maybe that Daves story is correct, I dont recall thrm mentioning the house shoe match myself but id say you could easily miss that.

Joe won his first TNA title in the same place. Freaky

Hmmm, maybe that Daves story is correct, I dont recall thrm mentioning the house shoe match myself but id say you could easily miss that.

Joe won his first TNA title in the same place. Freaky

Yeah it was during Joe v Crews, they were advertising tickets being available I think. Seemed unusual to me to be mentioning the actual main event but that may be hindsight. When I say a little while it could have been a few days. They seem to do the commentary and graphics etc not long before it airs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

If Samoa Joe still has the title when NXT comes to Dublin (6 days after a takeover special so who knows) its going to make that show something special as people will believe Balor can win the belt back in his home country so it will be the first time a WWE match in Dublin will mean something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I do, since aug of last year.

the chyna incident at pipers funeral story wasnt sourced properly, the del rio signing on fee wasnt correct either. both apparently sourced, both incorrect. Dont get me wrong, I love dave but I dont take everything he says as fact even if he says its sourced. I think the WO gets fed incorrect scoops from time to time.

Conversation for another thread probably but he seems to focus mainly on MMA. Doesn't help his reputation that his podcast host is a plonker.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Conversation for another thread probably but he seems to focus mainly on MMA.

The Observer is 79% pro wrestling, 21% MMA. Mookieghana ran the numbers. Imagine how much wrestling would be in there if he wasn't fixated on MMA eh? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He'd probably get teamed with Reigns and the Usos as their long lost cousin if Kevin Dunn or Vince have their way.
    Then we could have the Bálor Club put them into a dumpster and set them on fire.

Advertisement