Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thick Finn is the best Finn

NXT is not great lately but Finn looked a bigger star this week than he did as champ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It has been said in another thread that weekly show has not been great in the past couple of months.

I am starting to become a casual fan of NXT. Where I still watch Takeover shows, but I will dip in and out with weekly show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

The weekly show has never been great. It's always been a minimalistic product which builds to peak. That is why the peaks are so memorable, because so little happens in between.

Just finished this weeks show. Enjoyed it.

Alexa Bliss is developing some good poise and personality. I think she's ready to work with someone better than her like Bayley or Asuka, try and pick her level up. Only so far you can develop in squash matches.

Balor was good on his interview and the Drifter has grown on me big time. Much like Eva Marie, he is a legitimate heel to that audience, they just hate him. That distinguishes him as different to the other heels on the show (Joe, for example) that everyone wants to cheer. He's good in the role of setup guy and the gimmick is such that it's not hard for him to keep his heat.

It feels like Aries would be better served as a heel. His success in TNA came when he was such a good heel people started to like him. He has a natural arrogance that makes it feel awkward when he's just a straight up babyface.

Nakamura did pretty well in the match with Riley, he's got good charisma (breaking news here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the Balor promo. It wouldn't have looked out of place on the main roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finn was good. Much better when he's angry. I know this has been said before but surely this feud with Joe is the end for him in NXT? There's nothing left for him to do. As to who would be the "face of NXT" if and when he leaves, Nakamura is hugely popular already so maybe he can take that role?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't be against a small feud with Nakamura before going up really.

I expect Balor up imminently, then finish up business in NXT June/July.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Class live performance of Nakamura's theme.

Absolute art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It has been said in another thread that weekly show has not been great in the past couple of months.

I am starting to become a casual fan of NXT. Where I still watch Takeover shows, but I will dip in and out with weekly show.

I dont watch the weekly show just the takeovers which never disappoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Class live performance of Nakamura's theme.

Absolute art.

Get them to do it live for his next Takeover entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's a wonderful rendition, but I wish they mic'd their instruments properly as it sounds like it was recorded in a shed. Very screechy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That theme makes me feels all sorts of sh*t. There's sadness, excitement, chaos, euphoria. An absolute epic piece.

It's a bloody awesome theme though. It pretty much was recorded in a garage by the looks of it so wouldn't criticise too much. The violinist is cute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I say that as it looks like they have a fair whack of expensive equipment around. Maybe it was an impromptu thing but there are multiple camera angles and post-production but seems weird they didn't bother with microphones/mixing, ya know? The song and their great rendition of it both deserve to sound beautiful!

Yeah fair enough. I'm no expert on the recording side of things but just as something to be uploaded to YouTube I thought it was brilliant. I know everyone loved his 'Subconscious' theme in New Japan but in terms of a new start the WWE have done a great job with that theme, every time I hear it I like it even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For some reason, I had thought Nakamura's theme had keyboards in it, turns out it was a violin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, another loss for Bayley. One step closer to the main roster?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Not a fan of Carmella. Hate the character and she can't seem to keep up the accent for a full promo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nakamura's theme had really grown on me, but I still prefer Subconscious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any news on how Kenta is?

Kenta should be back in the next few weeks.

They're beating Bayley to set her up as the underdog for the Summerslam weekend rematch with Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is he gone that long that his new name has been forgotten? Hideous Origami I believe it was... He had that special move he only used once. The SGT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The sit down interview between Samoa Joe and Finn Balor was fantastic. Really blurred the heel/face divide with both coming off as sneery yet entitled. Corey Graves hosting was nice too.

The Asuka and Nia Jax contract signing was brilliant. Asuka screaming in Japanese was phenomenal and Jax power bombing her totally got the monster heat back.

Gargano and Ciampa vs The Revival was a great show long rivalry. The old school style vets that think they're too big for the Indy darlings was a brilliant angle. G and C have good momentum behind them. Factor in American Alpha, Dash and Dawson and TM-61 and the tag scene looks safe.

The Dillinger is an absolute hoot. The crowd love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is he gone that long that his new name has been forgotten? Hideous Origami I believe it was... He had that special move he only used once. The SGT

What, did he debut on Impact?
    Omackeral wrote: »

It looks like they're giving him wins now anyway.

What are they going to do with Balor when his feud with Joe ends? The obvious angle to call him up seems dead in the water now. A second title run would be fairly pointless. I'd like to see he and Nakamura have a couple of proper matches but aside from that there's not much left for him in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    The sit down interview between Samoa Joe and Finn Balor was fantastic. Really blurred the heel/face divide with both coming off as sneery yet entitled. Corey Graves hosting was nice too.

The Asuka and Nia Jax contract signing was brilliant. Asuka screaming in Japanese was phenomenal and Jax power bombing her totally got the monster heat back.

Gargano and Ciampa vs The Revival was a great show long rivalry. The old school style vets that think they're too big for the Indy darlings was a brilliant angle. G and C have good momentum behind them. Factor in American Alpha, Dash and Dawson and TM-61 and the tag scene looks safe.

Balor/finn was just great had me thinking that joe was right to do what he did but yet still keeping me on the side of finn.

Pentecost wrote: »
    What are they going to do with Balor when his feud with Joe ends? The obvious angle to call him up seems dead in the water now. A second title run would be fairly pointless. I'd like to see he and Nakamura have a couple of proper matches but aside from that there's not much left for him in NXT.

He's definitely main roster bound soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    He's definitely main roster bound soon.

I honestly dont think hell ever debut on the main roster.

I think theyll want him to anchor NXT even with the brand spilt

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

sky88 wrote: »
    I honestly dont think hell ever debut on the main roster.

I think theyll want him to anchor NXT even with the brand spilt

There is no chance he stays in NXT for the entirety of his wwe run.

Advertisement