Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he's the one who attacked Hideo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There is no chance he stays in NXT for the entirety of his wwe run.

I hope im wrong but i think AJ kind of took his place in a way and they see him as more valuable to NXt then main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

There is no chance he stays in NXT for the entirety of his wwe run.

This statement is 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I forgot about the brand split in fairness. He'll probably move up to make up the numbers for that. Might be a decent way to bring him up if he's treated as a big acquisition for one brand or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    I hope im wrong but i think AJ kind of took his place in a way and they see him as more valuable to NXt then main roster.

But with AJ taking his place with the bullet club doesn't that write itself. AJ is coming across as a heel and Finn debuts on the main roster to take back what is his. I think that would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is he gone that long that his new name has been forgotten? Hideous Origami I believe it was... He had that special move he only used once. The SGT

Yup I really couldn't think of his WWE name especially now all new talent seem to be able to keep there own names.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yup I really couldn't think of his WWE name especially now all new talent seem to be able to keep there own names.

He had the same injury as Sami zayn didn't he ? I mean Sami is back a few months. Now unless there is something else we don't know about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But with AJ taking his place with the bullet club doesn't that write itself. AJ is coming across as a heel and Finn debuts on the main roster to take back what is his. I think that would be perfect.

Finn should join The Club, they should dominate in the way Shield did before AJ and Finn fall out and feud. 9 months of TV would be easy and they face off at Mania,

If Finn goes against AJ straight away it would be a waste. They should have the group together for a while and build to something.

Cena and New Day v The Club, 4v4 would be a good start. Club v Wyatts later on.

Eventually we get Club v Shield at Survivor Series and the Club lose which is the start of AJ and Finn falling out, you get the breakup at the Rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So Bobby Roode just showed up NXT @ Download. That was unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

LeeJM wrote: »

That's his first NXT match then yeah? Not sure if he's been on the house shows in America or not

• Advertisement

Yea pretty sure its his first match in NXT. Great way to get some pub on the usual sites for the NXT UK tour

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If I remember correctly, the WWE UK Twitter account posted he would be there, but pulled the announcement very quickly (like, minutes afterwards), so I guess that leak was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Authors of Pain look pretty lame IMO.

There was a stage where about 4/5 tag teams debuted on Smackdown a few years back that all had a shelf life of about a month. They'd fit right in with them all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Potential though, one of them is only 21.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    The Authors of Pain look pretty lame IMO.

Christ, doesn't take much with you does it? :confused: 2 minutes on screen, zero matches, zero promos and they're already lame! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I just commented on their actual look. Something that's fairly black or white.

Amazingly, It's something people look at when giving their praise or criticism to superstars and talent.

It's a body business. I can't figure out are they musclely-fat or fat-musclely. Plus the camo n tank tops don't light the fire up my backside the same way many people on the roster do when it comes to an impressive "look".

I read "look pretty lame" the same as someone saying "they look like they're going to suck". Wasn't aware you meant literally.

I don't think their look was anything particularly special, I'll agree there. But at least it was different. There again, it is actually less of a body business than it has been since the 70's, just the guy running the show is still fascinated by muscle. As evidenced by the reception to heavy guys like Owens and Joe or average bods like Zayn or Nakamura, bodies don't really matter anymore.

I actually dont mind their look. Especially if they keep this entrance gear

12724929_1699966170257823_1640557496_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDk1MTQ2NjIzMjgyODk0Nw%3D%3D.2

now thats a memorable look. And having Paul Ellering manage them is a fantastic touch. The man who was behind the most famous monster tag team and dominated everywhere they went has now decided to return to the biz with this new huge team. Gives them instant credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

It wasn't the best first impression, they just look a bit bland. They were on a live event recently and by all accounts they weren't exactly smooth in the ring. Be interesting to see their debut proper anyways.

I actually dont mind their look. Especially if they keep this entrance gear

12724929_1699966170257823_1640557496_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDk1MTQ2NjIzMjgyODk0Nw%3D%3D.2

now thats a memorable look. And having Paul Ellering manage them is a fantastic touch. The man who was behind the most famous monster tag team and dominated everywhere they went has now decided to return to the biz with this new huge team. Gives them instant credibility.

I don't know if I agree there. It makes sense on paper but the success rate of classic acts being rebooted with a modern twist is pretty low in pro wrestling when it's relatively blatant. The New Blackjacks, New Rockers, and New Midnight Express come to mind. And let's not even discuss The Ascension...

Hopefully they have enough about them to make an impression.

• Advertisement

All very true. But Im an optimistic SOB so I will always try and look at the good in something. There is a tonne of retired pro wrestlers in WWE's good books right now who are better promos than Ellering but still they chose Paul for the reason being that he is now a link between AoP and LoD. Hopefully they do make an impression and go on to be successful. They arent polished right now but give them time and lets see where they are 6 months, 12 months and even 18 months from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I feel Ellering would have been more suited to the Revival, though it may be considered that they dont need him.(I think he, or another manager mouthpiece would complete them.

I think its too early too decide judgement on the Authors of pain. The name sucks, and my first thought of them and Paul Ellering together reminded me of 3 Minute Warning and Bischoff.

For guys like Nak and AA, WWE NXT is the new super indy. However for Performance Center guys like Authors of Pain, its the developmental territory and they will be extremely green. Hopefully they will be given the chance to learn and grow in the coming months.

WWEs Performance Center hasnt had a great record thus far for churning out talent.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I feel Ellering would have been more suited to the Revival, though it may be considered that they dont need him.(I think he, or another manager mouthpiece would complete them.

I think its too early too decide judgement on the Authors of pain. The name sucks, and my first thought of them and Paul Ellering together reminded me of 3 Minute Warning and Bischoff.

For guys like Nak and AA, WWE NXT is the new super indy. However for Performance Center guys like Authors of Pain, its the developmental territory and they will be extremely green. Hopefully they will be given the chance to learn and grow in the coming months.

WWEs Performance Center hasnt had a great record thus far for churning out talent.

To be fair the P.C. is only open 3 years. Baron Corbin, Charlotte and Dana Brooke are already on the main roster. JJ and Gable are on the brink of a call up. Bayley should also be up by now. Thats 5/6 ppl from the P.C. that have made it. Thats a good number thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I feel Ellering would have been more suited to the Revival, though it may be considered that they dont need him.(I think he, or another manager mouthpiece would complete them

What's Ellering actually like as a mouthpiece, he had that bit of a presence about him which made me think these dudes mean business but what's he like on the mic? Have to admit I didn't know who he was when he showed up at Takeover as the Road Warriers were repackaged as the LOD 2000 with Sunny and then that awful storyline with Hawk, Animal and Droz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

What's Ellering actually like as a mouthpiece, he had that bit of a presence about him which made me think these dudes mean business but what's he like on the mic? Have to admit I didn't know who he was when he showed up at Takeover as the Road Warriers were repackaged as the LOD 2000 with Sunny and then that awful storyline with Hawk, Animal and Droz.

I've been watching RAWs & PPVs from 98 on the Network and Ellering actually returns in between those storylines to manage DOA in a feud with LoD. I think it was dropped almost as soon as it began thankfully. Hopefully Authors of Pain fare out a bit better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So
    they're doing Finn v Nakamura. That'll be fun, surely the ideal way for Balor to bow out. Put Shinsuke over as the new face of NXT on his way out. Balor's done all he can do in NXT. Time for something new for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    So
    they're doing Finn v Nakamura. That'll be fun, surely the ideal way for Balor to bow out. Put Shinsuke over as the new face of NXT on his way out. Balor's done all he can do in NXT. Time for something new for him.

I can imagine
    as they film most of NXT in big bunches he could easily do double duty for a little bit, having already debuted on the main roster before facing Nakamura which could be built as a no.1 contender match. This might make it more obvious that he will lose (as he is already on the main roster) but I think that'd be expected anyway and no better way to signal the start of Nakamura vs Joe as the next big program in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

According to folks on twitter Moose, Tommy End and Big Damo will all be part of the next NXT class.

Mooses contract with ROH is up this weekend according to reports, Tommy End has said good byes to fans in WxW. All 3 have great potential.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

According to folks on twitter Moose, Tommy End and Big Damo will all be part of the next NXT class.

Mooses contract with ROH is up this weekend according to reports, Tommy End has said good byes to fans in WxW. All 3 have great potential.

Yeah read somewhere that Moose was backstage at Takeover. Makes sense for them to keep signing up players like this as you would have to assume even if they don't go up now people like Joe & Nakamura would have no more than another year on NXT.

Be it Bobby Roode, Moose or whoever they will keep bringing in the best replacements for the top of the card while trying to develop more of their own a la Jordan & Gable and NXT will be a conveyor belt for talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Delighted for Big Damo, if he's used right he could do some great things. His match against Nakamura last year is well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it!

Advertisement