Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Dunno if this is a spoiler really but just in case,
    the authors of pain vs the jobbers this week was a bit ridiculous as none of the four had names. The commentary was like "this one is really taking out on the young man. And now here's the other one!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pentecost wrote: »
    Dunno if this is a spoiler really but just in case,
    the authors of pain vs the jobbers this week was a bit ridiculous as none of the four had names. The commentary was like "this one is really taking out on the young man. And now here's the other one!"

The legal case over the LOD trademark perhaps had something to do with this. Rumours on twitter suggest they were possibly going to be named Hawk and Animal.

Also meant to say earlier
    Balor was good right through his segment. He seemed much more natural on the mic than he has been on many occasions. He and Shinsuke should be great. Though I have to confess as a bit of a closet grammar nazi, his constant use of "I seen" irritates me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Was takeover the first time the demon persona was defeated in a match?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was takeover the first time the demon persona was defeated in a match?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes.

Do you think they should have protected the persona or was it time for the demon to lose?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do you think they should have protected the persona or was it time for the demon to lose?

I think they could have made a bigger deal of the fact the demon was undefeated and what a big deal it was for Joe to win and so cleanly as well.

But it was time for him to lose but there should have been much more fanfare.

Neither Joe nor Balor advertised for their Texas tour in August. Must be coming up before then. Both working a WWE live event this weekend too along with Nakamura.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally Hideo Itami is back! He wrestled a NXT house show recently

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Finally Hideo Itami is back! He wrestled a NXT house show recently

I hope they don't just decide to conveniently forget about the storyline attack that put him out of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope they don't just decide to conveniently forget about the storyline attack that put him out of action.

It'd be awesome if they just shot him to the main roster to feud with KO!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Keep him on NXT but have Owens get randomly attacked before revealing it's him getting revenge.

Balor's the only one left on the NXT roster that could be a suspect, isn't he?
    Unless it's revealed to be Funaki who was acting on behalf of Nakamura in order to free up a slot for Nakamura.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I was thinking they could say its Joe? He debuted not too long after right? Could just say he took him out before he arrived in nxt, getting him out of the way so he could get to Finn or something.

Scotty 2 Hotty and Grand Master Sexay did it in an attempt to frame Rikishi for forgetting them and he has a history of sneak attacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

They should say Oney Lorcan or somebody like that attacked them. Instantly gives them credibility and an edge that they will do whatever needed to make a statement. Say he had just signed for WWE/NXT and was jealous of all the attention Hideo got and he has been biding his time since then

That felt like balors last match in nxt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, and super heelish throughout. Sorta wish they had kept AJ Styles as a face on Raw and had a heel Bálor attack him next week and alighn with the other 2 boyos when he gets drafted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bobby Roode does a good Triple H impression

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    Bobby Roode does a good Triple H impression

If "Corporate Aitch" was a wrestler it'd be Bobby Roode!

fQ1mToR.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

https://twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/769034452232204290

Shawns looking fairly old. Rumour has it hes going to become a trainer in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

The storytelling by Gargano and Ciampa the last few weeks has been brilliant. The way they teased Ciampa turning at Brooklyn with the new t-shirts before the match just like Styles and Jericho earlier in the year. Then walking up the ramp after the match in the same way as Zayn and Owens when Owens turned. I'm going to be in tears if and when they eventually have the split.

Then on the cwc Gargano selling the injury he got in the Brooklyn match in a match taped a few weeks beforehand was pretty great. Don't think there's another wrestler in wwe right now whose story I'm more invested in than Gargano's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The storytelling by Gargano and Ciampa the last few weeks has been brilliant. The way they teased Ciampa turning at Brooklyn with the new t-shirts before the match just like Styles and Jericho earlier in the year. Then walking up the ramp after the match in the same way as Zayn and Owens when Owens turned. I'm going to be in tears if and when they eventually have the split.

Then on the cwc Gargano selling the injury he got in the Brooklyn match in a match taped a few weeks beforehand was pretty great. Don't think there's another wrestler in wwe right now whose story I'm more invested in than Gargano's.

Gargano really could be a daniel bryan type underdog if hes booked right. Him and ciampa have been immense the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are they full time signed to WWE yet?

This pricking around in the indies could be holding them back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Takeover: Toronto coming up next, in November, the night before Survivor Series

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/771709506522902528

Are they full time signed to WWE yet?

This pricking around in the indies could be holding them back.

Yep they both go full time in NXT this month. So does Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson and a few other notable indie names. Not too mention whatever CWC guys are signed this month when CWC finishes.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Takeover: Toronto coming up next, in November, the night before Survivor Series

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/771709506522902528

Joe Lanza made a great point recently on VOW about how WrestleMania cant get any bigger now unless they were to run The Big House in Michegan which isnt likely in April. And because SummerSlam is already like a mini Mania weekend that WWE are likely to build up more events into weekend long events with a Takeover on the Saturday, PPV on Sunday and Raw on Monday to keep profits rolling in. And thats exactly what this looks like. Very good business from WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just need Petey Williams to turn up now in NXT and they can put together the NXT version of Team Canada with Roode & Young for TakeOver Toronto

Anyone else think Liv Morgan is a cross between Carmella and Ashley Massaro? And maybe it's because of Breaking Ground but i just can't warm to Aaliyah.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else think Liv Morgan is a cross between Carmella and Ashley Massaro? And maybe it's because of Breaking Ground but i just can't warm to Aaliyah.

I agree about aaliyah. Breaking ground did her no favours.

Advertisement