Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

At least she got rid of that God-awful music box theme tune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What's the story with ember moon? Is she meant to be supernatural with the red eyes or something? Her look reminds me of cat from red dwarf!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

What's the story with ember moon? Is she meant to be supernatural with the red eyes or something? Her look reminds me of cat from red dwarf!

At a guess I'd say she's doing a werewolf type gimmick. Would make sense with her surname and the moon in her entrance video. I think her finisher is now called the Eclipse too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wish they kept Apollo on NXT for another while. The roster feels like it needs more people like him who had the real buzz about them without an older age profile. Someone you think could be a star sime day on main roster.

On this week, enjoyed main event. Crowd really took to Cedric and I think he could do really well. Reminds of Finn in a lot of ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

This seems like the most appropriate place to post this.

Kota Ibushi is going to be in the Dusty Classic teaming with ......
    Hideo Itami!!

Talk about a feckin dream team. That is huge news. Also Ibushi just doing tournaments under the WWE umbrella is amazing.

Also another tryout at the PC this month with over 40 guys and gals. Significant names include Shayna Blayzer (Ronda Rouseys BFF) and Eddie Kingston which is kinda mind blowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,459 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are the Dusty Rhodes TT classic crystal boots made by Waterford Crystal does anyone knw ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

LeeJM wrote: »
    This seems like the most appropriate place to post this.

Kota Ibushi is going to be in the Dusty Classic teaming with ......
    Hideo Itami!!

Talk about a feckin dream team. That is huge news. Also Ibushi just doing tournaments under the WWE umbrella is amazing.

Also another tryout at the PC this month with over 40 guys and gals. Significant names include Shayna Blayzer (Ronda Rouseys BFF) and Eddie Kingston which is kinda mind blowing.

Was wondering if that had been mentioned on here. More Kota Ibushi in WWE no matter in what form it takes is great!

Him & Hideo Itami would be great though I guess they aren't too likely to win it unless he signs a contract though.

Perfectly Glorious should be interesting too (Tye & Roode)

Cedric Alexander & Andrade Almas should have a good match with whoever

Gargano & Ciampa could win it imo

great lineup all round though considering The Revival wil also feature

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it's just because all cruiserweights are being linked to the division on Raw, but I see on wiki that Gargano and Ciampa are listed as a Raw tag team. Saw it last week when I was checking to see what teams I would like to see take the titles from New Day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Apparently the ratings for NXT are also down but this guy thinks that is simply that the WWE have too much content atm and sicne SD got its own roster with NXT style booking and the company started churning out PPVs every forthnight people just find it harder to find time for NXT outside of Takeover specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Apparently the ratings for NXT are also down but this guy thinks that is simply that the WWE have too much content atm and sicne SD got its own roster with NXT style booking and the company started churning out PPVs every forthnight people just find it harder to find time for NXT outside of Takeover specials.

NXT tv has been much more missable since dallas. i think your right with the content but i feel NXT is in a transitional phase and will take time to settle after the losses to the roster

• Advertisement

Yeah, as it stands, on the week of a PPV we would have 9 hours of wrestling over 4 days in a row. 10/11 when we had the CWC. Throw in NXT live shows on a Saturday before the big PPVs and it's yet more. Smackdown was grand on Thursday or Friday. Had at least 1 day off between shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

They are going through motions with women's division at the moment. I think Ember Moon and Peyton Royce have most potential to go far out of new girls that have been on NXT lately.

They are going through motions with women's division at the moment. I think Ember Moon and Peyton Royce have most potential to go far out of new girls that have been on NXT lately.
    Mandy Rose looked promising against Ember last week. She's basically Eva Marie, except blonde, and actually able to wrestle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Virtanen wrote: »
    Mandy Rose looked promising against Ember last week. She's basically Eva Marie, except blonde, and actually able to wrestle

She reminds me a lot of trish when she was starting off there lots of room for improvement and obviously she's got the looks

Rich swan is over big time in nxt.

Dream match: Swan vs no way Jose in a dance off!

*Edit. Turns out they are a tag team in the dusty Rhodes classic now. Now the dilemma is shout for them or glorious 10!

I'm confused how to feel about what they did about Dan Matha. I'm not familiar with the guy but they hyped his debut only to have Joe beat him down.
    And Sanity is debuting against Glorious 10. That has to lead to Glorious 10 losing or Sanity turns out to be some kind of joke team. Maybe they signed Decay after all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I thought that about Matha as well. Odd stuff, why hype him up for a few weeks only to do that?

I expect Sanity beats Glorious Ten and Roode attacks Tye to set up a feud.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that about Matha as well. Odd stuff, why hype him up for a few weeks only to do that?

I expect Sanity beats Glorious Ten and Roode attacks Tye to set up a feud.
    Or Maybe Roode walks out on Tye?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pentecost wrote: »

I wouldn't be shocked if we see an extremely similar thing happen to Hawkins at No Mercy tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Just catching up on the last couple weeks episodes.

Did nobody else find the Samoa Joe "GET BETTER SECURITY!" driveby absolutely hilarious?

I was seriously in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looks like the Ibushi – Itami dream team won’t be happening.....

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/786309970044289028

Heres a clip on what happened

https://twitter.com/pwunlimited/status/782698358116757504

Really bad luck for the former Kenta.

Also SANITY debuted last night beating down Tye Dillenger after bobby Roode left him high and dry.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/786358010503241728

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786359436340101120

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Looks like the Ibushi – Itami dream team won’t be happening.....

Heres a clip on what happened

https://twitter.com/pwunlimited/status/782698358116757504

Really bad luck for the former Kenta.

Wow that is a real nasty bump I hope he's ok.

Jess that looked horrible for Itami. Who was he in the ring with?

Jess that looked horrible for Itami. Who was he in the ring with?
    According to that article, teamed up with Shinsuke versus Riddick Moss (the guy doing the power slam) and Tino Sabbatelli, same guys who faced TM61 on last night's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy ****

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well I was not expecting that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

With her and Ken Doane back I'm predicting they hire Cena's ex wife next!
    I can't make this joke elsewhere without the use of spoiler tags let me have it

• Advertisement

This is a surprise on many levels. Was sure Ember Moon was going to be the next challenger for Asuka.

Mickie being back is out of the blue. I wonder was she the first choice as Meltzer reckons the deal was only put together in the last few days.

Advertisement