Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is the crowd usually this smarky ? Some amount of tossers in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE NXT Spoilers for 3/18/2015, 4/1/2015 and 4/8/2015
    Posted by Eric Arrington February 18, 2015 0 Comments
    - Thanks to Tara and JJ for the following WWE NXT spoilers from tonight’s tapings at Full Sail University:

* We don’t have the dates confirmed but it looks like they will be airing live NXT matches from WrestleMania 31 Axxess for the week of March 28th. It was announced that the next tapings will take place on Thursday, April 23rd. We’re waiting for confirmation on dates and will keep you updated.

* NXT General Manager William Regal announces that we’ll see Sami Zayn vs. Rhino, Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze in a 2 of 3 Falls Match tonight.

* The Vaudevillians defeated Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder in a dark match.

3/18/2015 Episode:

* Finn Balor defeated Tye Dillinger with a stomp. Tyler Breeze appears on the big screen and cuts a promo on Balor after the match.

* Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte in a #1 contender’s match is next. Becky wins after pinning Bayley while Charlotte had Bayley in a Figure Four.

* Hideo Itami vs. CJ Parker is next. Itami gets the pin after a kick.

* Rhino squashed an unknown wrestler with a Gore. Fans chanted “you still got it, never lost it!” at him.

* Kevin Owens vs. Alex Riley is next. Riley got some offense in but Owens won with a powerbomb. Owens beats up Riley after the match until Sami Zayn makes the save. They brawl and Sami hits a big top rope dive. Sami stands tall to end the episode.

4/1/2015 Episode:

* Tye Dillinger vs. Jason Jordan is first. Jordan wins and the crowd wasn’t sure who to cheer for.

* Emma vs. Bayley is next. Bayley wins with a roll up. Emma was acting “off” and not as bubbly as usual.

* Blake and Murphy defeated Sin Cara and Kalisto.

* Sami Zayn cuts an in-ring promo about Kevin Owens. Sami has a plan. He’s going to use his rematch and kick Owens’ ass.

* Rhino squashed another unknown wrestler with a Gore. He cut a promo and said he’s coming for the NXT Title.

* Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami in a 2 of 3 Falls Match is next. Hideo wins the first fall after a kick. Breeze wins the second fall after Beauty Shot and using the referee as a distraction. Tyler then wins the final fall with a Beauty Shot. The last fall was said to be very good.

4/8/2015 Episode:

* Solomon Crowe defeated CJ Parker by submission.

* Baron Corbin defeated an unknown wrestler as fans counted to 29.

* Big Cass and Enzo Amore vs. Shoot Nation’s Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton is next. Blake and Murphy come out during the match to hit on Carmella. They give her flowers and leave. Big Cass gets upset, runs wild and sets up Enzo’s splash for the win.

* Dana Brooke made her debut and defeated Blue Pants. Dana won with a fireman’s carry into a front slam.

* Sami Zayn vs. Rhino is next. Sami wins with a Helluva Kick in what was said to be an amazing match.

* Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss by submission to retain the NXT Women’s Title.

* Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor is next. Owens retains the NXT Title with a powerbomb after a long grueling match. There were said to be some amazing spots in this match. This was the end of the tapings.
    Balor vs Owens went like 35 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enzo competing with Bryan for best beard award?

Carmella seemed to come across as trying to be face this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Neville v Owens was great this week.

Neville looked brilliant, that deadlift German :eek:

DM_7 wrote: »
    Neville v Owens was great this week.

Neville looked brilliant, that deadlift German :eek:

This?

output_p7xpwxvbswh.gif

Yeah it was really good and had a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting.

I assume Carmella ends up with Blake and Murphy.

Leva is a shocking Wrestler and for all the hate I give her she played the crowd really well.

Thought Becky and Devitt cut some of their better promos. Disappointingly A lots of Americans online compared Becky's voice/accent to Sheamus and Low Ki. :eek:

Crowe's debut was a bit of a letdown. Super excited for people online growing to increasingly hate his many annoying ticks. His hair is dreadful and his tights make it look he has **** himself. Love that his location is a shout out to his girlfriend TNA's Havok whose billed from an Anonynous Compound, Ohio
    B-K8YH7IUAAAN3-.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I hate everything about Solomon Crowe so far.

His hair, as mentioned.

His gear, as mentioned.

But he also looks like he got his younger sister to do his spray tan.

rovert wrote: »
    This?

Yeah it was really good and had a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting.

Yep That,

That slow motion replay with Owens grasping for ropes that are not there make it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That German and the Phoenix splash off the apron had my jaw on the floor.

It's amazing how better Neville has gotten even in the past few months.

I blame Riley/Whoever was telling Riley what to say for Neville's awful guest commentator effort.

His backstage interview came across very well this week and is in complete contrast to the commentary.

I hope WWE go back to the old Smackdown days where people like Neville could go and wrestle be part of a more old school booked wrestling show.

His backstage interview came across very well this week and is in complete contrast to the commentary.

I hope WWE go back to the old Smackdown days where people like Neville could go and wrestle be part of a more old school booked wrestling show.

Yeah Neville isn't going to be the next Rock but he could be Bret Hart with credible, sports like promos and overall persona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That German and the Phoenix splash off the apron had my jaw on the floor.

It was fantastic alright. Did you hear Taz on his podcast raving about the German too? He said he of all people would know about them!
    I blame Riley/Whoever was telling Riley what to say for Neville's awful guest commentator effort.

That guest commentary was horrific but I agree with you about that interview. it was really good.
    rovert wrote: »
    Yeah Neville isn't going to be the next Rock but he could be Bret Hart with credible, sports like promos and overall persona.

I still think he needs something. Some kind of gimmick maybe allied with Bad News Barrett. He could end up the guy that wrestles great but no hook to get the casual viewer.Thats the way he is now.

I loved DanielBryan as a wrestler when he came on WWE but he needed a hook too. Doing the Yes chant was exactly what he needed. Something to make him stand out/annoying when he was a heel. Loads of time for Neville to have ideas but until he does, he won't get where he should be. Thats why a faction might be best. Rollins was poor initially on the mic but look at him now!

I didn't know Solomon Crowe before he came on NXT but I liked his first showing. We need to give guys a chance and see what develops. I thought he at least looked different.

I didn't know Solomon Crowe before he came on NXT but I liked his first showing. We need to give guys a chance and see what develops. I thought he at least looked different.

I am really taken by Crowe's passion for Wrestling and his personal and political struggles in developmental but he makes it really hard to like him. If he removed all his many ticks he's someone really viable as brawler and a guy who has really cool voice for promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I thought Crowe's little splash thing he did looked great, brutal and like a street move.

He's a bit too tanned to be a hacker, those notorious fans of sunlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought crowe was similar to dean ambrose actually

I thought crowe was similar to dean ambrose actually

They were a tag team/faction in Combat Zone Wrestling:

The Switchblade Conspiracy came from a VERY controversial angle where Crowe (then Sami Callihan) slit a wrestler called Danny Havoc's wrists after pulling out a switchblade. Don't worry it was an optical illusion. They played it too well with the locker room emptying both babyfaces and heels. Came across like a total crossing of the line. A lot of other promotions stopped booking him as they believed the angle. In particular the family friendly CHIKARA promotion was going to debut him in a prominent role as a faction leader under a mask and they dropped the idea after the switchblade angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Kinda think he looks like a Michael Madsen who has cobbled together disowned gear from the bins of a couple of wrestlers. Dunno if that's a bad thing.

wck3bJr.jpg

Kalisto had a main roster showcase match on WWE Main Event. He was only ok in making a first impression but my goodness he botched the finish.

NXT is five years old tomorrow.

Back when we were all wild and young:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bit of a random one this.

I started watching NXT again there (the weekly show). Had never heard of Old Blue Pants until Omackeral was telling me about her.

Anyhow, was watching with my 7 month old son. He threw up a little on himself, so I went to change him. And it was then I noticed. His blue pants were.... NXT Brand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think rovert throws up a little when he sees Blue Pants as well

Blue Pants is like the Minardi of NXT.

She sucks but there's something endearing about her that makes you root for her.

There's a good NXT this Wednesday:
    * Bull Dempsey vs Hideo Itami

* Lucha Dragons vs Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger

* Becky Lynch vs Bayley

* Finn Balor vs kinda spoiler
    The Brian Kendrick

Putting a spoiler tag on Balor's opponent as I am not sure if it is played off as a surprise if you are ONLY following the show itself but William Regal revealed it at the end this Youtube video:

It is not Rhyno. :p If you made it this far unspoiled it is probably worth continuing going unspoiled. It is a fun surprise.

WWE listicle on who should make an NXT cameo:
    Chris Masters
    Tajiri
    Michelle McCool
    Carlito
    Shelton Benjamin
    Victoria
    Jason Albert
    John Morrison

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/8-superstars-we-want-to-see-reemerge-in-nxt/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Isn't Jason Albert on almost every episode?

Oh and irrelevant?

Would be great to see Masters in NXT.

I wouldn't mind Masters, felt he improved a lot in his last run and got a unfair deal.

Carlito I'd like to see.

Oh, and Itami vs Tajiri plx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Masterpiece ftw. On a side note I'm loving the direction that NXT is taking as somewhere that not only developing talent but wrestlers seeking a storyline and perhaps real life second chance such as Rhyno and Kendrick can contribute. As long as they don't overdo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I forgot how much Kendrick reminds me of a young Pillman!

• Advertisement

Joe's agent is telling promoters Samoa Joe is not taking booking after 23rd April.

23rd April is the next NXT taping date.

Advertisement