Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is it old news that
    Roderick Strong
    has been offically unveiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fairly mediocre episode this week generally but loved the brawl between Joe and Shinsuke. I always want to see the wrestlers deck the security guards that're trying to pull them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where are we in the recordings? Just thought the crowd were dead during some of the matches, including the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where are we in the recordings? Just thought the crowd were dead during some of the matches, including the women.

I've seen the same lad in an Antrim jersey in the front row for at least 2 weeks, possibly 3 weeks. Another week or two should see a fresh crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

New crowd next week boys

• Advertisement

Catching up on this week's show at the moment. Bobby Roode's entrance and particularly his theme are just...glorious. No Way Jose and Rich Swann were fun too.

So in people's opinions, who in NXT would be ones to watch, outside the names like Roode, Joe and Aries?
    Seems Morgan is being built as the main woman's face and Billie and Peyton the next Charlotte or Summer.

Patrick Clark seems to have come a long way in a short time. Nikki Cross on the women's side is clearly well thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pentecost wrote: »
    Patrick Clark seems to have come a long way in a short time. Nikki Cross on the women's side is clearly well thought of.

Patrick Clark's new gimmick reminds be of JoJos Bizarre Adventure.

So Aliyah is face then? The double team from Billie and Peyton (while it might sound like fun) actually looked pretty sore with the face to the knee bulldog

• Advertisement

Yeah Aliyah's theme and presentation are all heel but they were playing up her being Liv's friend. Not gone on Aliyah as a character just yet to be honest, or Liv Morgan really though she's being pushed hard and, it must be said, is very good looking which won't hurt her chances. Still fairly early days career wise with both though I guess.

So was that 6 woman match being set up for Takeover? Hard to tell. Liv needs more mic work, I think.

I I was wondering who could be Returning. Honestly, I didn't even notice he was missing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I noticed he was gone, I just didn't really care about the character tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I reaaaally hoped he was future endeavoured :(

If someone could kindly put up the latest card for Takeover, I'd be most grateful. I'm sure I could find it if I looked hard enough but I'm feeling lazy. I'll probably watch most of it live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

NXT Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe

NXT Women's Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James

2 Out of 3 Falls for the NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival (Dash & Dawson) (c) vs. #DIY (Gargano & Ciampa)

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Final: TM61 vs. Authors of Pain w/ Paul Ellering suspended above the ring in a shark cage

Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is it a 2 o clock kick off for this

• Registered Users Posts: 40,013 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Is it a 2 o clock kick off for this
    1am ? It's 8pm est.

I'm looking forward to the nxt title match, the women's title match (ill mark out for mickie James's theme) and the the revival(Jim cornettes man crush tag team) vs DIY

Is 5 matches about the same number as usual?

Is the 6 woman tag match on as well or is that next week's NXT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Really looking forward to seeing Roode's entrance in his hometown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yeah, 5 seems to be the normal number now, outside of Brooklyn

I'm guessing the 6-woman match will be recorded tonight and shown next week

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paul Ellering suspended above the ring in a shark cage :D

Now that's old school:D

A nice nod to the Last Battle of Atlanta. Watched that on the network, nice stiff match but it was hard to get the context with no commentary.

Absolutely nailed roodes entrance again

That might be the most Glorious entrance of all time ðŸ˜႒

That was a Glorious match

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love that it's not even that Ellering is in a cage, but that he's in a cage suspended over the ring because why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Literally the perfect ending to the match, that was outstanding.

Gargano and Ciampa are so unbelievably likeable, they have the Sami Zayn vibe going for them.

I loved that match.

• Advertisement

Amazing match loved it so much they had me at all the near falls

Mickie can still go in the ring good match

Advertisement