Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's probably the best shape I've seen Joe in. He's still Samoan fat but he's like 5-10% toned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah lads that tag team title match. The Revivals really bring out the young wrestling fan in ya. I was screaming for Johnny not to tap. I was gripped for the ending of that tag match. Absolutely gripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gargano & Ciampa have to be two of my favorite wrestlers working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is
    Nakamura
    getting called up tonight I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only one word for Roode's entrance: Awesome. :p

Think that match will do a lot to escalate Dillinger. He needs to start getting wins though. Anyone else think it looks funny when he pulls down the kneepad?

The Dusty tag match was enjoyable.

The tag title match was brilliant. Think I've said it before but I didn't know Gargano or Ciampa before NXT but they've won me over. And the Revival are just old school villains. Delighted for them winning. I'm sure their intervbiew after the match would be similar to the American Alphas emotional interview.

Mickie looks great. Good match. Kinda knew the outcome since Mickie probably won't be sticking around. Seemed like the ending was rushed with how quickly Mickie tapped. Or maybe Asuka just got it locked in tighter than expected.

And Joe/Nakamura was pretty much a fight. Was good and guess it means Joe is staying put for another while.

Think Roode's choir were better at miming than Nakamura's violinists. Though had to laugh at how the choir were obviously told to not smile.

So the questions now are Where does Tye go from here after losing?
    Who will take on Asuka next? Think Ember Moon will be going for it.
    When will the 2 title rematches be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a stable with Authors of pain and Samoa joe would be cool

Sanity remind me of the Wyatt Family for some reason but dont think the 2 teams will ever cross paths as one of the teams will be done in next year or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The Revival are really under appreciated IMO, which might sound odd considering they're 2-time champions

Every single one of their matches against American Alpha was an instant classic. AA rightly earned accolades for their work in those matches, but Dash & Dawson were right up there with them every time. Same again last night against Gargano and Ciampa

I just hope, because of their size, they don't get butchered when they inevitably get the call up

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

send the Accesion and Vaudevillians back to NXT and call up AOP and The Revival

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I have a feeling
    Nakamura gets called up tonight to replace Shane, who will be injured by someone pre-match.

I actually forgot Mickie's theme and half expected Hardcore Country. :)

Strangest thing about Authors of Pain winning the tournament was seeing them shaking hands with everyone after the match. Cody's absence was noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

When they arrived I was uninspired but I have totally bought into the Authors Of Pain. Their look has grown on me and their matches are top notch.

Ellering, even though he does pretty much nothing strangely adds a special something to them. It's probably that subconscious LOD vibe.

Haven't been in the habit of catching NXT weekly but love that even though some of the established names have moved on they've done great at building the most recent class of NXTers. Standards of Takeovers are still sky high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Don't they have a big event in Japan coming up so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanthink a big moment there with joe winning last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I actually forgot Mickie's theme and half expected Hardcore Country. :)

Strangest thing about Authors of Pain winning the tournament was seeing them shaking hands with everyone after the match. Cody's absence was noticeable.

Yeah, kinda wanted them to smash the trophy over Goldust.

Heat = nuclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

NXT head to Japan next month so it made sense for Joe to win last night and keep the feud going so that Nakamura can likely prevail in front of his home fans. I really hope one of them (ideally both but at least one) will be up on the main roster after the Rumble is completed.

Also Roode really hit the jackpot with that theme song. I like Roode and feel he has a lot of attributes but I feel he's mainly over right now for the theme. Can you imagine how over Cesaro would be now if he had been given that theme instead of the sh*tty siren theme?

Wonder who got the chain.
    Read a report where the guy said AoP reminds him of 2 D'Lo Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also Roode really hit the jackpot with that theme song. I like Roode and feel he has a lot of attributes but I feel he's mainly over right now for the theme. Can you imagine how over Cesaro would be now if he had been given that theme instead of the sh*tty siren theme?

No way would that theme work with Cesaro

Roode has that swagger and carries himself in a different way, you know he loves himself, Cesaro's theme is terrible but the glorious theme would die a death with Cesaro imo

No way would that theme work with Cesaro

Roode has that swagger and carries himself in a different way, you know he loves himself, Cesaro's theme is terrible but the glorious theme would die a death with Cesaro imo

I don't think it fits Roode well. It wouldn't fit Cesaro either, but I reckon it would get him over like it has with Roode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't think it fits Roode well. It wouldn't fit Cesaro either, but I reckon it would get him over like it has with Roode.

I remember seeing somewhere that it wasn't intended for Roode

But that theme song needs a smug guy who loves himself, someone who thinks he's glorious, if it's not Bobby Roode I don't know it is

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I haven't been that invested in a match in years as much as I was in the Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa match. Totally lost in it. The false finishes, the saves, the shenanigans. It all worked. I was shouting at the screen. Genuinely wanted the good guys to win so bad and truly believed this was their last shot at the titles. I fcuking loved this match and can't recommend it enough. Both teams deserve a lot of plaudits.

I remember seeing somewhere that it wasn't intended for Roode

But that theme song needs a smug guy who loves himself, someone who thinks he's glorious, if it's not Bobby Roode I don't know it is

Roode always came across to me like an old school heel and someone who carried himself in a serious way. That's why I find it funny that he wound up with Glorious which is very much like a Queen song and feels very outlandish. It reminds me a lot of the theme Christian had when he broke off from Edge.

I'm not sure there's anybody on the current roster that would be suited to the song tbh. It would need to be someone with a huge ego but who can also have a bit of a whacky personality to match. I'm happy Roode has it because I know he will get over with it and can back it up in the ring but I think any moderately good worker would get over with the song as it's so great. That's why I wish Cesaro had it because I think all he is missing is a persona - which Glorious would have given him. But hey, Roode will do well with it so good luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think that the song is proof thats its not always about how talented you are which i think roode is very good. it can be one thing that sets you apart and makes you special compared to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Speaking of Bobby Roode, does anyone think he'll have a main roster run or will he be used as someone just in NXT to give it a sort of big promotion feel the way they have been doing with Samoa Joe and Nakamura?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Really not into Sanity at all. Take too long to get to the ring and the whole thing comes across as a poor man's Wyatt family. Nikki Cross was highly rated by those that saw her before but so far she does nothing but stick her tongue out in an effort to look "deranged".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sanity have grown on me. Not a huge Eric Young fan but I think the way they are packaged is awesome.

Can't wait to see Nikki Cross once she gets dropped into the mix in the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pentecost wrote: »
    Really not into Sanity at all. Take too long to get to the ring and the whole thing comes across as a poor man's Wyatt family. Nikki Cross was highly rated by those that saw her before but so far she does nothing but stick her tongue out in an effort to look "deranged".

Works for Dean Ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

b15.jpg

Nikki just looks like she's enjoying herself. Do find it kinda funny that she's always pulled and lifted off the opponent while she's punching and kicking mid air.
    I assume between them, they'll try and go for the 3 titles. Though with so long betwen title matches, moving new people into the title picture takes time

So is this Japan thing on anywhere or will it just be split over the next few weeks? Like the title maatch results will be revealed right away so I'm wondering when that would air?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So Nakamura won the title back at a Japanese house show. Bit weird to have him lose the title just for the sake of winning it back in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They will apparently air the match on NXT this week, and the rematch will be on the Melbourne house show next week. Strikes me they want to get Joe finished with this ASAP. Wonder why?
    ;)

Advertisement