Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't read the spoilers, but it airs this week on NXT?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Really think wwe messed up by promoting Corbin, Apollo and America Alpha. They could have grown more in NXT and I also think NXT misses them. They could all be on NXT and main roster if they really needed the numbers on main roster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't read the spoilers, but it airs this week on NXT?

Yes, as far as I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

NXT Melbourne spoilers for Nakamura/Joe (has been taped and will air on NXT down the road).
    Nakamura retains his title. Refused to exit the cage door, but apparently hit Joe with 4 Kinsasha knee strikes. Reads like the end of the feud.

Amazing to see Big Damo on NXT tv already. Great for him.

• Advertisement

So definitely the end of the feud with the number 1 contender tournament. Anyone doubt Bobby will win?

Joe in for the Rumble then? I assume Rumble weekend will be the next Takeover.

What happened Sawyer Fulton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So definitely the end of the feud with the number 1 contender tournament. Anyone doubt Bobby will win?

Joe in for the Rumble then? I assume Rumble weekend will be the next Takeover.

What happened Sawyer Fulton?

Seen him in a tweet with damo appeared to have a cast or arm in a sling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched the nxt episode from osaka Japan that was on last night and I know it's the way they do things in Japan but the crowd making very little if no noise of any kind is off putting. I mean when asuka and nakamura were involved there was a bit of atmosphere. I will say that when the heels did something heelish they did boo instead of chanting so they still have that aspect that European and us fans have lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched the nxt episode from osaka Japan that was on last night and I know it's the way they do things in Japan but the crowd making very little if no noise of any kind is off putting. I mean when asuka and nakamura were involved there was a bit of atmosphere. I will say that when the heels did something heelish they did boo instead of chanting so they still have that aspect that European and us fans have lost.

Must be hard for heels these days. Everyone loves the anti-hero so they get cheered a lot of the time. Only way to get booed is to resort to more....extreme measures...

https://twitter.com/nickhirshon/status/814310436707401729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched the nxt episode from osaka Japan that was on last night and I know it's the way they do things in Japan but the crowd making very little if no noise of any kind is off putting.

I'd say Cena would hate wrestling there ;)

• Advertisement

The music for Roode has turned out brilliantly, his entrance and his actions him look like a Superstar.

If you never saw him before he would look like a star with that entrance. He just needs a killer finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    The music for Roode has turned out brilliantly, his entrance and his actions him look like a Superstar.

If you never saw him before he would look like a star with that entrance. He just needs a killer finisher.

Hes the first person since Flair that an actual entrance glamour robe suits.

The forced Natch-esque robes for Kenny Dykstra and AJ Styles never worked. Roode pulls it off as it doesnt seem like hes trying to be Natch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder which entrance will be the grandest between Nakamura and Roode at Takeover

The two entrances will surely be given the superstar treatment, it'll be amazing to see anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So this happened after the dark match at the NXT tapings last night 

Not a fan of the name but whatever his work will make people forget about that fairly quickly. Hyped for Hero vs Nakamura at WM weekend Takeover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Has he lost weight/sorted his **** out?

Has he lost weight/sorted his **** out?

he hasnt lost weight but it isnt affecting his performances if anything the last year has been one of his best in ring performances.

He looks trimmer than he was in October when he was here for OTT. In saying that I dont think he needs to be trim/in the shape of his life, WWE just need to let him work. 

So with Hero officially back and looking at who NXT now have at their disposal and who still has to come I expect NXT to really ramp up the workrate aspect of the promotion this year. With New Japan running their own shows in LA this summer and a "new" TNA possibly generating some buzz as well as Floslam affiliated companies all stepping up WWE will really want to say why go there when we have everything here. I mean just look at the list of talents the should be in NXT by the summer ; Chris Hero, Tommy End, Big Damo, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, War Machine (probably), Andrade Almas, TM 61, Gargano & Ciampa, Roderick Strong, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Kimber Lee and thats just a few of the names I can think of. Thats also not including any of the UK tournament or Womens tournament competitors that they may move to NXT as well as leaving off a tonne of people already signed to WWE.

HHH talked recently about NXT being the third brand and potentially seeing lateral movement between Raw, Smackdown and NXT instead of just old fashioned "call ups" to the main roster. If that is gonna be the case I really do think we will see an even more "pure" wrestling style in NXT with it being very NJPW in its presentation. WWE will have seen the buzz Wrestle Kingdom has generated with sites like ESPN and Sports Illustrated mentioning New Japan in recent days as well as the buzz amongst the "hardcores" like ourselves. I think the signing of Chris Hero really indicates a shift in the direction of what we can expect from NXT in 2017.

sky88 wrote: »
    he hasnt lost weight but it isnt affecting his performances if anything the last year has been one of his best in ring performances.

It still doesn't look "the part" though and I fear until he sorts it out he will be in NXT until he's released again.

He's not flabby enough to be intimidating or part of his gimmick (like Kevin Owens, Yokozuna or Rikishi), but just flabby enough to say "that guy is out of shape".

So apart from Tye Dillinger, what other homegrown talent has NXT got at the moment?

So apart from Tye Dillinger, what other homegrown talent has NXT got at the moment?

The lads from Sanity (Fulton and Dawkins), Elias Sampson, No way Jose, there are others

Not a great bunch but to be fair NXT and PC gets a lot of the indy talent TV ready (promo work, camera positioning, social media training etc).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The homegrown talent they have isn't too bad, I think with a bit of work (and a gimmick that's not dancing) Jose could do well. One thing that surprises me about him is that he's a fair bit taller than I'd expected him to be.

Jose reminds me of someone (gimmick asised). His looks, facial expressions and fighting mannerisms, esp his intensity, remind me of someone who I just cant place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Angron wrote: »
    The homegrown talent they have isn't too bad, I think with a bit of work (and a gimmick that's not dancing) Jose could do well. One thing that surprises me about him is that he's a fair bit taller than I'd expected him to be.

Wiki has him down as 6'3. I thought he'd probably be called up to main the same as Mojo was to tag with Rich Swan and eventually turn on Rich Swan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wiki has him down as 6'3. I thought he'd probably be called up to main the same as Mojo was to tag with Rich Swan and eventually turn on Rich Swan.
    Yeah, it's just for some reason I'd thought of him as being around the size of Swann, but then when they teamed in the tag classic he was significantly taller.

Its very early but from what ive seen of mandy from tough enough she has a lot of potential and obivously has the looks if they dont rush her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hero was at an NXT show tonight...

QnmU3hVl.jpg

I'm no chiselled Adonis myself but it's not the most flattering ring gear, is it?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hero was at an NXT show tonight...

QnmU3hVl.jpg

I'm no chiselled Adonis myself but it's not the most flattering ring gear, is it?

Christ. How long before he's back on the chopping block ? Disappointing and lazy on his behalf.

He has not been hired for his looks! He has been hired for his work. He has been there before, WWE are well aware of what shape he is in. If you cant get past how he looks and enjoy him as one of the best wrestlers in the world then that says more about you than it does about him.

Just doesn't scream "superstar", simple as that.

Sad state of affairs when James Elsworth is in better shape than "one of the best wrestlers in the world".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Second on the looks not holding him back side of things. I think with the NXT schedule he will naturally lose some weight, but despite this being him at his heaviest, 2016 was an incredible year for him and he produced classic after classic after classic. He moves like a cruiserweight and honestly I think the weight actually makes him more impressive once you see how much he can go; it catches you off guard every time.

Advertisement