Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Regal definitely looked like a monster pushing Pete Dunne back on the stage.

Did they have a NXT tournament last year for a Rumble place?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And Regal definitely looked like a monster pushing Pete Dunne back on the stage.

Did they have a NXT tournament last year for a Rumble place?

He looked like a Da trying to get his 13 year old back in the house after he caught him knacker drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I haven't watched NXT in ages but read up every so often about it. Chris Hero is now known as Kassius Ohno I think?

Do people know that he was once on the show Nothing to Declare? It is the Australian customs show.

I saw this years ago and just now saw a repeat of it on tv.Its season 5 episode 3 in case people are looking for it.

He was stopped and checked as he originally said he was not going to be working there.His visa didn't allow him to work.Then he said he was working for free as he knows the promoter.

They rang the promoter and he agreed to sponsor him so customs gave him an entertainment visa. He said he was Pro wrestling guerrilla world champion from Los Angeles and in Sydney to defend his title!

I thought he came across as very cool and charismatic.

Must try to see him on NXT now!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yes! I remember my mother was watching that one night years ago, he came on and I was like..."da hell? What's he doing on this!" Was so random :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would Sanity make it on the main roster or does there gimmick suite a smaller arena ?? Imagine If Bray Wyatt brought them is a new Wyatt family

• Advertisement

Aaliyah as face fighting another face in Ember. Confusing now.

Corey will be missed big time. Nigel has big shoes to fill.

Side note: Maybe time to update the year in the thread title? Or remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I really hope Sanity has legs to be a decent prospect in the long term both on NXT and the main roster. Eric Young has the talent to lead the way. I'm really high on them.

Nikki Cross is one of my favourite things in WWE at the minute. Her character is something so fresh to the women's division which really does suffer from talent being a bit samesy. That entrance and having Sanity tail her makes her so freakin' bad as$.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm a bit demoralised about Bobby Roode. Really enjoyed his long run in TNA, but his NXT run seems to be basically Tye Dillinger, a one-note gimmick. Everything's glorious. Do a move, stop and say glorious. It's like his theme is over and he's nothing without it. I'm quite worried as that sells him really short :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I really hope Sanity has legs to be a decent prospect in the long term both on NXT and the main roster. Eric Young has the talent to lead the way. I'm really high on them.

Nikki Cross is one of my favourite things in WWE at the minute. Her character is something so fresh to the women's division which really does suffer from talent being a bit samesy. That entrance and having Sanity tail her makes her so freakin' bad as$.

I have to go on record here as I posted earlier in this thread that I wasn't really getting Nikki Cross but I've warmed to her now actually as the unhinged, dangerous opponent. Eric Young is decent, and Damo/Alistair moves really well for a big guy. Haven't seen much of Desmond Wolfe (?) that I can recall. The powers that be seem to like them but I'd be afraid of them coming out to crickets on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't get the whole Bobby Roode love either was never a massive fan of him in TNA , like even his run with Chris Harris as Beer Money wasn't great because I know how much more awesome AMW was with Chris Harris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I don't get the whole Bobby Roode love either was never a massive fan of him in TNA , like even his run with Chris Harris as Beer Money wasn't great because I know how much more awesome AMW was with Chris Harris

It was James Storm & Chris Harris in AMW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah that was my point Storm was in a much better tag team (in my own opinion) in AMW than with Roode as Beer Money

He always reminded me of a Triple H clone without the talent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Yeah that was my point Storm was in a much better tag team (in my own opinion) in AMW than with Roode as Beer Money

He always reminded me of a Triple H clone without the talent

I don't watch NXT but I liked his run in TNA, Think he is meant to be a clone of Rick Rude

campo wrote: »
    I don't watch NXT but I liked his run in TNA, Think he is meant to be a clone of Rick Rude

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqWkVYzWAAEMh_Y.jpg

Both Roode and Triple H do look very similar and I'm sure they will have a match or altercation in the future but will Roode make it to the main roster he will be 40 this year, they could make him a true NXT guy and he will finish out his career there ??, No doubting his ability it's just there could be so many stars on the main roster in say 2018/2019 (Shinsuke, Eric Young, Austin Aries, possibly guys like Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, Kenny Omega could be there add guys like Finn Balor, Owens, Reigns, Rollins, Styles, Zayn, Strowman,Cena, Orton, Miz too)

I find Tyler Bates waving thing a bit weird and creepy but he is an amazing wrestler and a star for the future

I wonder did the WWE Uk NXT thing get scrapped and instead a few of the UK guys are being signed to the NXT roster in full sail ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I find Tyler Bates waving thing a bit weird and creepy but he is an amazing wrestler and a star for the future

I wonder did the WWE Uk NXT thing get scrapped and instead a few of the UK guys are being signed to the NXT roster in full sail ???

i think the uk tournament was more of a gage of how this might work if they had a weekly tournament mainly moved forward to combat world of sport. i think theres still plans just not right now so theyll pop up on nxt for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They announced on NXT last night that next week it will be Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews. So it seems they could be blooding a few fellas while waiting to set up a permanent show in the UK. I do like the idea of the UK Championship being the No.2 Title on NXT, even if it is just from time to time.

Omackeral wrote: »
    They announced on NXT last night that next week it will be Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews. So it seems they could be blooding a few fellas while waiting to set up a permanent show in the UK. I do like the idea of the UK Championship being the No.2 Title on NXT, even if it is just from time to time.

Pete Dune and Andrews are well capable of a great showing.

I great showing in front of the right people will do wonders for their career.

in the middle of the town If myself or anyone stood there and done Tyler Bates waving thing they would be calling the men in white coats lol its so so creepy lol

in the middle of the town If myself or anyone stood there and done Tyler Bates waving thing they would be calling the men in white coats lol its so so creepy lol

If you stood in the ring doing Triple H poses or New Day-like dance moves, it would also look nutty. Its pro wrestling and its just a gentlemanly wave.

• Advertisement

lol its so so creepy lol

lolololololololololololololol

Please stop saying lol, i'm begging you.

lolololololololololololololol

Please stop saying lol, i'm begging you.

I've noticed it of course but it seems to bother you a lot. It's just pixels on a screen!

Pentecost wrote: »
    I've noticed it of course but it seems to bother you a lot. It's just pixels on a screen!

Well when you put it like that I suppose you're right lol.

Rofl !

Pentecost wrote: »
    Rofl !

LMFAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hated the Full Sail crowd even more than usual during the Bate/Seven match. They're a parody of themselves at this stage.

Hated the Full Sail crowd even more than usual during the Bate/Seven match. They're a parody of themselves at this stage.

Did they chant ''We Deserve It'' during the UK Championship match or was I hearing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Did they chant ''We Deserve It'' during the UK Championship match or was I hearing things?

I thought I may have heard a smattering of that at the start. The lack of reaction to everything up until the Seven Star Clothesline and then the ridiculously sudden "this is awesome!" chant made me laugh.

I thought I may have heard a smattering of that at the start. The lack of reaction to everything up until the Seven Star Clothesline and then the ridiculously sudden "this is awesome!" chant made me laugh.

Yeah I think most of the audience didn't really know who they were but they got into it a little by the end. Presuming it wasn't a one off having some of the UK guys on then there should be a bit more reaction next time,

• Advertisement

A very heelish Asuka this week. And a setup for loser leaves NXT match where I can't see either guy going. Though did seem to come out of nowhere for a match between 2 guys who are fighting for the first time, I think.

Debut for
    Ruby Riot

Advertisement