Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A very heelish Asuka this week. And a setup for loser leaves NXT match where I can't see either guy going. Though did seem to come out of nowhere for a match between 2 guys who are fighting for the first time, I think.

Debut for
    Ruby Riot
    Yeah that kick to her opponent looked nasty. :eek:
    What's the story of the person you spoilered ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just for anyone who hasn't watched yet since I know I was wondering who would help to take on Nikki

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Okay it's safe to assume everyone has had a chance to watch so...

Her name on the indies was Heidi Lovelace. She's been around since 2012 and trained at OVW. She was a regular in promotions like SHIMMER, Shine and Chikara. I caught a couple of her matches in Shine and ring-wise she's fine. Not amazing but adequate. That was several years ago so she may have become insanely good since then. She's quite similar to Aliyah in that she can work a match but doesn't seem to have a lot of character. Obviously they see something in her or they wouldn't have debuted her so quickly - as she was only signed in January. If they find the right gimmick for her then I can see her faring a lot better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Drew McIntyre
    Has signed with NXT, didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought i'd put it here. Probably doesn't need the spoiler tag but given the NXT show only aired last night I didn't wanna make anyone think this person might have gotten involved / done a run in etc before watching and normally we avoid mentioning spoilers for 2/3 after a show.

He totally deserves it and I think they will treat him better in NXT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It was discussed in the Takeover thread. Hopefully he gets a good run in NXT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With Nakamura, Revival and Dillinger all gone to the main roster NXT has lost a bit of star power going into the rest of 2017 and they have a big challenge now to fill the void

Expect it will be Bobby Roode vs Drew Mc for the NXT championship for the next few months with title matches at Takeovers before Summerslam and Survivor Series. What other current NXT star would be good enough to challenge for the NXT title ??

When some of the bigger names in NXT go to the main roster in 2018 than NXT are in a bit of bother imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Almas, Hero, Hideo can all step up, with addition of McIntyre and Black starting they have plenty for top of the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Almas, Hero, Hideo can all step up, with addition of McIntyre and Black starting they have plenty for top of the card.

He can but he's going to have to prove that he can stay healthy full stop.

I assume this week's episode is the additional matches recorded at Takeover?

Yeah think I've said before about NXT not having many home grown guys. Like Bobby came in and went to the title picture within a few months. Will probably be the same with Drew. While there are guys there for a while who we rarely see. I know the guys in the title matches now are handy since they're ready made superstars, but at times it reminds me of how TNA would bring in former WWE guys and put them straight into the title matches.
    Though I can't think of anyone who could fight for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Spoilers from the latest tapings :
    Drew McIntyre is back as expected and battled Oney Lorcan and Cien Almas and went over in both. Said to have looked good and went over both guys as they are both Main Roster bound. No Broken Dreams theme sadly......

Kenta is back (Hideo Itami) and is the next challenger for Roode.

No sign of Asuka on these tapings but DIY were present.

Tye Dillenger and Nakamura got send offs.

Almas is reportedly Main Roster Bound. Could pop up in the draft, as may The Drifter seeing as he lost a loser leaves town match a few weeks back

No sign of Asuka but going by the finish of her match with Moon Id say that feud is far from over. The MR doesn't need her anyway just yet

Nikki Croos and Ruby Riot continued their feud also

• Advertisement

Asuka is not far off Goldbergs undefeated streak now

Asuka is not far off Goldbergs undefeated streak now

With House Shows, she will surpass it

beakerjoe wrote: »
    With House Shows, she will surpass it

I hope she is still undefeated when she gets called up. Paige and Owens got called up with their NXT titles and how much of a big deal would she look coming up with the title and the announcers talking about how she has a longer undefeated streak than Goldberg did. It's over a year already and iirc over 150 wins already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Did she not get eliminated in a battle royal. Undefeated my eye.

Did she not get eliminated in a battle royal. Undefeated my eye.

WWE and their revisionist history.

To be fair, she's undefeated in 1 on 1 competition

Just watched this week's episode and have to ask was that the same security person from the Battle Royal that stopped Gronk? I know there are probably a lot of blonde haired security women but be a major coincidence if it was.

Peyton and Billie have suddenly become the Australian version of LayCool. Could do without them going all prissy and girly like that, doesn't look natural. Like Aliyah's new look and entrance theme. She's coming along very nicely.

Nice send off for Nakamura including a wee surprise.

Looking at the line up, they have a lot of women.

The guy fighting DIY was made to look good, especially helped by DIY's reaction to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What was the surprise?

The
    Finn Balor appearnce
    which seemed to genuinely make Shinsuke smile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Aleister Black looking like a massive deal straight away. Look forward to seeing him in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

McIntyre vs Lorcan was brilliant. A short, violent match with both guys beating one another up.

I thought it was a good episode this week, felt like an episode from a couple of years ago when the weekly show was consistently very good.
    I like the changes they've made with a new theme song, graphics and title belts. Felt it was needed to freshen things up a bit. Two new stars for them in McIntyre and Black as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm really not sure who should be the one to break it maybe the winner of the women's tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really hope Peyton Royce and Billie Kay get called up soon since I am getting bored of their matches with Liv Morgan and Aliyah.

Like I said for Shinsuke's send off, they seem to have a lot of women so why is it the same few every week? I know some are probably still training, but is there anyone on the house shows that seems promising? Or are we just waiting for another surprise return/debut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Like I said for Shinsuke's send off, they seem to have a lot of women so why is it the same few every week? I know some are probably still training, but is there anyone on the house shows that seems promising? Or are we just waiting for another surprise return/debut?

They've a lot of fairly experienced women either recently signed or signing so you'd have to think they'll make a bit more of an effort in due course.

Apparently the writer who was responsible for the good booking of the Four Horsewomen and others on NXT is now writing for Smackdown. So that explains why we're back to short matches and no character development. It's essentially the Diva era for them down there once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Apparently the writer who was responsible for the good booking of the Four Horsewomen and others on NXT is now writing for Smackdown. So that explains why we're back to short matches and no character development. It's essentially the Diva era for them down there once again.

It's improved a bit for the women recently as we have had a few different story lines for them. Actually nxt as a whole was much improved the last two weeks

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    It's improved a bit for the women recently as we have had a few different story lines for them. Actually nxt as a whole was much improved the last two weeks

I agree, last weeks was particularly good. With some stars moving on and new ones debuting, I have to say its gotten better after months of staleness.

Im loving Cien Almas right now, though he loses nearly every big match.

Advertisement