Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im loving Cien Almas right now, though he loses nearly every big match.

He's in that Tyler Breeze / Tye Dillenger role, he'll face the new big guy coming in from the indie scene and lose to him at the new guys first takeover, which will probably be Drew Galloway at this takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They seem to be given him the tye/tyler breeze role definitely but they seem also to be saying that he doesnt care about wrestling and only about partying which im guessing leads to someone taking him under there wing.

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/854852414188380160

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    They seem to be given him the tye/tyler breeze role definitely but they seem also to be saying that he doesnt care about wrestling and only about partying which im guessing leads to someone taking him under there wing.

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/854852414188380160

That has to be a rib on Del Rio. Brilliant if they turn his character into a parody of ADR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That would be something interesting to see, I'd love to see someone get over in NXT who hasn't been an indy star before coming to NXT/WWE, every NXT champion since Bo Dallas over 3 years ago has been a big name somewhere else

I thought maybe Tye Dillinger could be the guy, he's close enough to homegrown

I don't watch NXT weekly anymore but from looking at Breaking Ground I thought Tino Sabbatelli would be someone who'd reach the top of NXT, havent seen him on a Takeover yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I feel that Hideo Itami has really become a massive afterthought on NXT. He came into company with soo much hype but unfortunately has been on and off injury list for soo long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

^^ I felt SO bad for Itami as soon as Nakamura debuted. It was like, KENTA was such a massive name in the late 2000s, and getting bogged down with injuries and setbacks.... he's just been replaced with a healthier, more flashy, WAY more marketable Japanese guy.

He's been completely luckless with injuries since getting there. There's the rumours he was to be the one who got the title in Japan instead of finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hope he manages to stay healthy and has a great feud now with Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tyler Bate has changed up his image a bit, i think it looked to similar too his opponent Jack Gallagher

sky88 wrote: »
    He's been completely luckless with injuries since getting there. There's the rumours he was to be the one who got the title in Japan instead of finn.

It looked ready made for him thats for sure. Hes been very unlucky indeed. I do hope he gains momentum. NXT has been stale for ages but the last 3 weeks have been great.

• Advertisement

Looks like they're ready to push the next generation of NXT now a lot of guys are gone. The bit they did on Roderick Strong, Letting Ruby and Nicki go at it and then, whether they're NXT going forward or not, that main event.
    What surprised me was the crowd was so quiet for that main event but not in a bored way. Jack and Tyler were clearly holding their attention and nothing too fancy in it. Just straight up trading of holds, etc. Though I think the delayed German went wrong. Jack seemed to be hurt after it.

And looks like they're not waiting til the next big PPV for the next Takeover. Probably a good thing since that would be Summerslam which is months away. So next one is next month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed NXT this week. Feels like it's getting a good revamp. The Roderick Strong feature was great, you couldn't but get behind him after hearing his story and feeling his emotions. I'm warming to Nikki Cross as the complete mentaler that has to be dragged off her rival, I didn't really like her initially. Ruby is a good addition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Agreed. When I first saw Ruby on the indies as Heidi Lovelace I thought she was one of the blandest things in existence. She's suddenly got quite good at everything.

And glad I'm not the only one who sees the similarities between Cien and Tyler Breeze. After the last Takeover I asked myself if he was the new Breeze.

Well seems some of the fans aren't behind Aaliyah. Booing when she eliminated someone and saying Thank you when she was eliminated.
    Don't think a battle Royal is a good way to introduce new women, unless they're going to be in the final 2 or 3 at least. But it came down to the usual 6 that are on tv regularly.

Don't understand why they're doing the No 1 contenders match. After building Roderick Strong with his videos, they're now making him fight Hideo, who he's likely going to lose against. Though if he loses due to interference, it won't be so bad. Maybe a Sanity interference.

The main talker of Heavy Machinery (Tucker, I think) sounds like Big Cass.

Side note: Someone should've had a word wth one of the women. Think it was Paul Ellering's daughter. She was wearing iron man inspired gear, which Alexa also does. :)

Another decent episode this week. Noticed they were calling Rachael Ellering, Rachael Evers presumably so people who didn't know her wouldn't be questioning if she was related to Paul. She's been on NXT before as Ellering of course but as that was more than six weeks ago it doesn't count.

As an aside I threw on a random NXT from 2013, turns out to be the start of Sasha's heel turn and alliance with Summer Rae, the origins of The Boss. She was a fairly bland face before that. Still is to be perfectly honest, her best work has always been as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Another decent episode this week. Noticed they were calling Rachael Ellering, Rachael Evers presumably so people who didn't know her wouldn't be questioning if she was related to Paul. She's been on NXT before as Ellering of course but as that was more than six weeks ago it doesn't count.

As an aside I threw on a random NXT from 2013, turns out to be the start of Sasha's heel turn and alliance with Summer Rae, the origins of The Boss. She was a fairly bland face before that. Still is to be perfectly honest, her best work has always been as a heel.

I watched this weeks episode and I taught liv Morgan and Aliyah were baby faces ? I was kind of shocked when the crowd cheered their eliminations.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched this weeks episode and I taught liv Morgan and Aliyah were baby faces ? I was kind of shocked when the crowd cheered their eliminations.

They're supposed to be. Can only assume the Full Sail crowd are a bit bored of them, Liv in particular has been pushed pretty hard.

They're supposed to be. Can only assume the Full Sail crowd are a bit bored of them, Liv in particular has been pushed pretty hard.

That's why I was slightly shocked. I have to say kudos to Nikki cross, ruby, and ember they made asuka look like a million dollars this week. That bump ember took was :eek: mighty. I really like ember moon. She's the future.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's why I was slightly shocked. I have to say kudos to Nikki cross, ruby, and ember they made asuka look like a million dollars this week. That bump ember took was :eek: mighty. I really like ember moon. She's the future.

Yeah I like Peyton and Billie, for the obvious reasons and also their dynamic as a pair but Ember is the one that has been presented as the biggest threat to Asuka, who's actually being very heelish these days.

Yeah I like Peyton and Billie, for the obvious reasons and also their dynamic as a pair but Ember is the one that has been presented as the biggest threat to Asuka, who's actually being very heelish these days.

Peyton and billie are solid gold. I love the two of them and they are hopefully main roster bound soon. Asuka was never really presented as a babyface though on her nxt run. She was presented as a bad ass who could kick the crap out of the entire female nxt roster. The takeover match with ember was the start of a normal heel turn, in that she showed desperation to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That actually looked sore, good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Jesus that was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A nice move, but further proof that "holy sh!t" chants have lost all meaning. Had to double check it wasn't Full Sail for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I remember her being Rachel Fazio also. She gets extra names whereas Cesaro, Neville and Rusev get theirs taken away! Heavy Machinery vs AOP is gonna be a hoss fight, like at the end of Power Rangers episodes when all the Rangers form that Megatron thing to fight a monster giant heel.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I remember her being Rachel Fazio also. She gets extra names whereas Cesaro, Neville and Rusev get theirs taken away! Heavy Machinery vs AOP is gonna be a hoss fight, like at the end of Power Rangers episodes when all the Rangers form that Megatron thing to fight a monster giant heel.

Is Evers a nod to Lance Storm I wonder

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is Evers a nod to Lance Storm I wonder

she was trained by lance so has to be.

So McGuinnes made a comment about Sonya Deville saying how she was making the transition from MMA to WWE and only a few have been successful in making teh transition from MMA or amateur wrestling. He named Kurt as being successful then he said something about many have been unsuccessful and mention no names. From the way he said it and the way Tom laughed as well, was there anyone in particular he was talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Punk I'd say

Advertisement