Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought so too until I realised he was talking MMA/amateur wrestling to WWE and not WWE to MMA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ken Shamrock would the only WWE one I can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Ken Shamrock would the only WWE one I can think of

Dan Severn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Josh Barnett and Bob Sapp I thibk were involved in wrestling to I thibk as was the Gracie hunter Sakabura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rumours of
    Adam Cole showing up at takeover tonight

makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Jesus Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate. You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tyler Bate v Pete Dunne was a 5* match. Absolutely incredible performances from the two guys. Their execution of every single big spot was flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I've not seen much of Bate or Dunne before so I didn't have any expectations but that was a tremendous match

Great match between Bobby Roode and Hideo Itami. Love proper selling.

This match is getting there. Yes wrestling is very good.

• Advertisement

TOMMASO NOOOOOO

What they had was so pure.

They could have easily done that turn way back in August. Instead took us on a ride with the team. Very well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I kinda thought Ciampa would turn on Gargano tonight. Them going on last confirmed it. It was an odd night, for me it felt like the later matches suffered for being after Dunne and Bate, that match was amazing.

Saw one comment saying at the ages of 20 and 23 Dunne and Bate invented wrestling.
    Strange to say it about guys so young, but a lot of the main roster could learn a lot from watching them. We have seen very little of them yet we have a clear cut heel and face.

I noticed Killian Dain doesn't seem to have a flag on his jacket like the other members of Sanity. I suppose it's his way of just keeping things neutral since I was just reading on his wiki that he doesn't like all the politics going on in the North.

That ladder match was crazy. Thought the turn worked well. When they stayed in the ring, I thought it could possibly be a hint they were moving up.

Bobby continues his victories over Japan. Who's next? Found it funny when it showed Hideo after his attack in the car park, that The Revival were the 2 guys with him.

Strange ending for the women's match I thought. So Ember to get a 1 on 1 or can we see one of the new women?

Just noticed a couple lookalikes in there. Roderick looks ike Xander from Buffy or maybe Matthew Broderick.
    And Ruby looks like Murphy (Richard Harmon) from The 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Strong show overall. The opener was a good, fast paced match and Roddy comes out of it looking great. He's a superb athlete.Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne was simply incredible, best match I've seen in a long time.

Wasn't mad about the women's match it looked a bit sloppy in parts and the ending to it wasn't great. DIY v AOP was very good, they're doing the right thing with the turn and set it up well. Sets up a new singles face and a new heel and it should be a good feud.

Felt Nigel was covering for JR a lot during the UK match.

Noticed the boos when some started chanting CM Punk after Hideo's GTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Enjoyed the majority of the show. UK lads were on fire, would love to see them mix it up with some of the guys who came in from new japan. I think they could put on some classics. In fact they should just do a world cup of wrestling for the next tournament after the womens one. Only thing that really got to me was the NXT tag team title match. Did nobody else notice the titles were ridiculous low? I know AOP are tall but wow that killed the match to a certain degree for me. Second rung and they could have reached up! It made some of the ladder spots look silly as well.

Actually I see HHH said Ciampa is injured so looks he'll be off screen for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

My heart broke for Gargano, he did a great job during that beating. Ciampa did great also, you could genuinely believe he internally flipped.

Whoever had the idea to put the trademark logo in the lower left hand corner suggesting the show was over before Ciampa flipped deserves a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    My heart broke for Gargano, he did a great job during that beating. Ciampa did great also, you could genuinely believe he internally flipped.

Whoever had the idea to put the trademark logo in the lower left hand corner suggesting the show was over before Ciampa flipped deserves a medal.

They did that with Zayn and Owens too. It really does makes the surprise all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

martyos121 wrote: »
    They did that with Zayn and Owens too. It really does makes the surprise all the better.

Who turned off Takeover and deleted it from his skybox after the logo came up, meeee

Edit: For Zayn and KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

martyos121 wrote: »

True. Owens is a natural ****ehawk so nothing surprised me too much there.

Pete Dunnes has one of those annoying heads. I imagine he was a bully. He's a natural heel

Great match, himself and Tyler Bate are going places and could have a very bright future in the wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great match, himself and Tyler Bate are going places and could have a very bright future in the wwe

Tyler Bate, aged 20
    Pete Dunne, aged 23

Surreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If that match was Rollins and Finn Balor everyone would be creaming themselves.

The two lads put all the internet darlings to shame. And I guess have become internet darlings themselves :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gargano & Ciampa might just be my favourite two wrestlers in the whole of the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Was a bit disappointed with Gargano's botch of the ladder splash spot if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why is Percy Watson on the announce team? I never heard him speak once.

The UK lads are astounding. That belt is so amazing looking too. Best match I've seen in a good while

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Why is Percy Watson on the announce team? I never heard him speak once.

The UK lads are astounding. That belt is so amazing looking too. Best match I've seen in a good while

He's terrible. I forgot he was there for a long time. He never has anything to say any time I've heard him on NXT. Nigel is good.

• Advertisement

Are commentators a full time job or do they have desk jobs when there off the road???

Nice little gig if work 1/2 days a week and get paid hansomly

Advertisement