Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Why is Percy Watson on the announce team? I never heard him speak once.

The UK lads are astounding. That belt is so amazing looking too. Best match I've seen in a good while

Maybe he's there because WWE feels there needs to be diversity? Smackdown has Saxton, and when Otunga had to leave Raw for a few weeks they replaced him with Booker T

Can't really think of another reason why because all 4 of those guys offer next to nothing on their commentary teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got a real "Marty & Shawn" feel from Ciampa's beat down of Gargano at the end there.

Great storytelling by the 2, especially Johnny. He's such a good sympathetic character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Who's Marty? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Who's Marty? :pac:

Morrissey. Great with the headbutt

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I absolutely agree that if Dunne and Bate had been Finn and Rollins or any top 2 guys on the roster WWE would be all over this match! It was amazing - these guys work so well together and put on an incredible match. Would have liked to see a different ending but sets up for the next match. I think they absolutely need to be utilised more as they are top top pros - and at 20-23 its insane.

I like JR back to be honest - in recent times i have hated the NXT commentary - Percy Watson is awful when he does speak and it almost seems like he is asleep cos he doesnt talk for ages at times - not that i really want to hear him. I like McGuinness and Phillips is good on Smackdown - but Watson and Philips on NXT dont keep me interested.

Booked Strong well as first match and got a great pop to start. Gonna be interesting were Sanity and Eric Young go from here as Young is a top talent for me and could maybe produce great matches with some1 like drew

The womens match for me was solid but not that good - they have a problem as there is a tier difference - Im not a lover of Riot or Cross - Ember Moon and Asuka are quiet clearly the talent in the division - and whilst their talent is less that Ember and Asuka i have really enjoyed Royce and Kay storylines and promo work.

Roode is a great champion - with a great gimmick - great entrance music - great move set! He is a great champ imo and as much as i do like Hideo i was delighted with the result - Im not a fan of the GTS as is really can look botched a lot of times! Good match - with both guys selling well

The Ladder match was made by DIY - Gargano is unbelivable - sure he botched the splash but he was immense from start to finish. Loved the ending and i do think it will make for matches like Dunne and Bate level. My fear for AOP now is there gonna have new challengers - Heavy Machinery? There power move set is great for guys like DIY but i think that the moveset they have will struggle against bigger opposition.

Overall it was a great show - crowd were red hot all show - enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to ask, what did Roode keep spitting out of his mouth every time he was hit? If it was once, I would assume gum, but at the rate he was going it was like he took a full pack of tic tacs before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's gross as F but he's spitting all over the place. Check this out at your own risk, he hocks all over himself :eek:

https://streamable.com/m4lje

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah guys spitting in the ring is just mingin, tbh. But I guess you do salivate more when you sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Yeah guys spitting in the ring is just mingin, tbh. But I guess you do salivate more when you sweat.

Even with spit on the ring it's still way cleaner then the rings used to be. I didn't think WWE was a big blood territory in the mid eighties. But it seems it was as I watched some prime time wrestling on the network and the mat looks like a murder scene. It's smeared down the ring apron on one shot.

So Velveteen Dream is the actual name? I thought it was a nickname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Should've seen the turn coming last week, they had 'Judas' as the theme song ffs. :pac:

Can't believe it only hit me hearing it start to play during the recaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Should've seen the turn coming last week, they had 'Judas' as the theme song ffs. :pac:

Can't believe it only hit me hearing it start to play during the recaps.

i read that on twitter and it made so much sense.

it was actually a great hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Even with spit on the ring it's still way cleaner then the rings used to be. I didn't think WWE was a big blood territory in the mid eighties. But it seems it was as I watched some prime time wrestling on the network and the mat looks like a murder scene. It's smeared down the ring apron on one shot.

When I went to Summerslam in 2012 they changed the ring canvas in between every match... Haven't noticed it being done any time i went to a PPV or tv taping since then but maybe I was distracted by entrances...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ciampa will be out for a while he's having ACL surgery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ciampa will be out for a while he's having ACL surgery.

Possible 6-9 months. What horrific horrific timing for him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Kind of leaves Gargano holding his flute as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

They might as well bring up Gargano as a cruiserweight and continue the feud on main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Let gargano have a singles run and get the title ciampa comes back for mania takeover and we have our main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Let Gargano call it karma for what Ciampa did, and after this never mention it again until Ciampa can make his comeback and restart the feud

So for this week's episode
    I think it's the right move for Itami. He should be annoyed at how things have gone for him in NXT and there are enough popular faces like Ohno and Strong that Itami would have a better shot as a heel.

Thea Trinidad makes an appearance. That is not a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I called it months ago, Cien Almas is turning into a rib on Del Rio.

And did Thea play the part of Paige or AJ for the match recreation?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thea is AJ and Tessa Blanchard is Paige

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Haven't seen Liv Morgan in a while is she injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Omackeral wrote: »
    Thea is AJ and Tessa Blanchard is Paige
    Florence Pugh is playing Paige. Tessa is the stunt double for Florence so will be doing the actual wrestling bits

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mark Andrews suffered a neck injury on Sunday during WWE NXT's time at Download Festival 2017 in Donington Park in Derby, England.

Andrews was quickly evaluated by WWE medical personnel. A statement passed along to WWE.com read, "A CT scan of Andrews came back negative, with just bruising evident. Mark would like to thank all his fans for their concern."

Keep with WWE.com for any developments

Pretty good last man standing. Given plenty of time anyway.
    who can beat Asuka at this rate? Ember?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Roddy is some athlete, haven't seen many as fast as him crossing the ring. Can be a big deal as a face if they keep showcasing his personality, not the best on the mic yet but the video packages can get him over while he improves. Set up for him to beat Bobby at the next Takeover.

Lei'D Tapa? Forgot about her. They mentioned her heritage but didn't say who they were on about. Or maybe I missed it.

And where's Eric Young? Is he still taking the breaks he took from TNA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Those' street profit' guys are a mix of MVP and Cryme time

Advertisement