Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Those' street profit' guys are a mix of MVP and Cryme time

Two Shelton Benjamins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know he's a different character and all, but the Aleister Black undefeated streak is annoying. Not because he hasn't earned it, but because it's always in the back of my mind that he lost to Neville at the UK Championship tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will Bobby Roode succeed on the main roster ???

I have a feeling when the novelty factor of his Glourious theme wares off he could be just another Meh guy. I could be wrong through and he will be a huge star. He's not really a young guy though

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know he's a different character and all, but the Aleister Black undefeated streak is annoying. Not because he hasn't earned it, but because it's always in the back of my mind that he lost to Neville at the UK Championship tournament

Nah mate, that was Tommy End ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder will Bobby Roode succeed on the main roster ???

I have a feeling when the novelty factor of his Glourious theme wares off he could be just another Meh guy. I could be wrong through and he will be a huge star. He's not really a young guy though

No reason he couldn't be a good guy in the mid card scene, he'd make a great foil for the likes of Sami Zayn and he'd be a good guy to hold one of the mid card titles too

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nah mate, that was Tommy End ;)

At least they only had him on the UK Championship using that name and didn;t just come out and say he would be going by a different name like Itami or have his name change on his entrance like Finn. Think the latest is Sonya Deville who just turns up with a new name.

Think the latest is Sonya Deville who just turns up with a new name.

Her and Macey Estrella got new names at the same show I think. Daria Berenato became Sonya Deville and Macey Estrella became Lacey Evans. Then Paul Ellering's daughter seems to have a new name every other month.
    Rachael Ellering -> Rachael Fazio -> Rachel Evers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aleister Black's finisher is a thing of beauty.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aleister Black's finisher is a thing of beauty.

Agreed. I love how he picks them up with his foot. Enjoy this compilation.

Black Mass > Sweet Chin Music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Shawn Michaels >>>>>> Aleister Black.

KribyAB.jpg

This poster is from 2 and a half years ago. Poor Hideo. Will he ever make it?

I see Ho Ho Lun has left the company

I see Ho Ho Lun has left the company

So WWE are not interested in the Chinese market then???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So WWE are not interested in the Chinese market then???
    I went to Hong Kong for vacation about three weeks ago and that’s when I realized that my mother is sick. That’s why I decided to tell Matt Bloom, the head coach of the PC, that I wanted to request my release.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/8/5/16101592/ho-ho-lun-explains-difficult-decision-request-wwe-release-hong-kong-sick-mother

Sorry, should've posted the link as Lithium just did. Think since the CWC tournament he's only been on tv a few times anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE.com are running this as their main story, and it's not being kept secret at all. Ergo, I'm not going to post this in spoiler tags, cause it seems to be a big part of their advertising for future shows, rather than something they are keeping hidden.

Auska has relinquished her title due to her broken collarbone, and will begin rehab with her eyes on her call up. She seems done with NXT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm kinda happy with this as I did not want her to be beaten in order to drop the title. Let her run continue as she heads to main.

Now who to replace her? I do like the idea of an NXT tournament to crown a no.1 contender who then faces the winner of the Mae Young Classic for the belt.

This isn't due to air until Sept 6th. They'll most likely mention it this coming week though if it's on the website. Apparently she said her plan is
    to move to Raw or Smackdown Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Not at all happy with Asuka vacating the title. If she had debuted as NXT Womens champ on Raw/SD and then vacated I could understand that but vacating before a main roster debut is a total cop out. Either drop the belt to the MYC winner or debut as the undefeated unstoppabe NXT Womens champ.

• Advertisement

I really hope they don't advertise her. Make it a surprise and have her demolish Sasha.

So no way jose has fans dancing with him

I think we saw that before with some South African guy ???

Lars Sullivan didn't like it though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Given his recent interview you have to feel for Trips. Roode and now Asuka who he named as the one person he has admitted to telling Vince not to take from him.

After seeing the Roode interview on this week's episode im lost

So is he on SD full time or he is only there part time and is going back to NXT for a match with Strong and a title rematch ???

I'm hoping he will be in Dublin in November

I'm sure since nxt tapings happen in bulk, he can call to Full Sail, for a bit then he's covered for about a month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After seeing the Roode interview on this week's episode im lost

So is he on SD full time or he is only there part time and is going back to NXT for a match with Strong and a title rematch ???

I'm hoping he will be in Dublin in November

A lot of the bigger names pull double duty when called up, to finish up whatever stories are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I am over in the US for a bit of a holiday next month

Part of this takes in Florida so we are going to go to the NXT taping in Full Sail on October 4th

I usually only keep up with NXT when they have a big event on, I don't tend to watch it weekly

Any idea of who might likely feature around then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Was it hard to get tickets to the taping?

You should get the majority of the stars since multiple shows are recorded in one night and it's rare they would miss a full taping. Though Roode may be finished by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Was it hard to get tickets to the taping?

Nope, readily available for $10
    Now we are nowhere near the front but Full Sail isn't too big so will be grand virtually anywhere
    You should get the majority of the stars since multiple shows are recorded in one night and it's rare they would miss a full taping. Though Roode may be finished by then.

Shame about Roode as he would be one of my favourites but happy for him that he got the call up

I think there are NXT house shows on around the same time which is why I am thinking it might be a skeleton crew but regardless it will be an experience and a bit of craic

Advertisement