Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Cover Scratches

Options
  • 09-01-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hey folks I have a grey Toshiba laptop with a glossy grey cover which has seen a lot of scratches from daily uses.

I'm wondering what's the best polish to buy? so I can remove them without bringing it down to a shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Hey folks I have a grey Toshiba laptop with a glossy grey cover which has seen a lot of scratches from daily uses.

I'm wondering what's the best polish to buy? so I can remove them without bringing it down to a shop.

I doubt polish would work on scratches. I'd imagine you would have to buff them out first (difficult depending on material)
    To be honest I'd wonder why you'd bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

mordeith wrote: »
    I doubt polish would work on scratches. I'd imagine you would have to buff them out first (difficult depending on material)
    To be honest I'd wonder why you'd bother.

The material is an aluminum glossy grey finished. Heh I just like the laptop to look presentable (probably an OCD thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

The material is an aluminum glossy grey finished. Heh I just like the laptop to look presentable (probably an OCD thing!)

might be worth asking a panel beater :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gimme the model number of the laptop, and I'll do a quick Google for replacement covers; most recent laptops have a market for various covers, and it's easy enough to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

the_syco wrote: »
    Gimme the model number of the laptop, and I'll do a quick Google for replacement covers; most recent laptops have a market for various covers, and it's easy enough to change them.
    It's Satelite L730-10U

• Advertisement
Advertisement