Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just finished the 2nd episode.

Very interesting so far and I cant wait to see how everything comes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season Pass currently on sale on PSN store for €11.99 (€9.99 PS Plus)

episode 1 will be free on all platforms from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ep 1 is free now, gonna give it a go later and I see the season pass is 12.99 on the PSN for the next week. I was very tempted to get this after finishing Gone Home as it sounded similar enough but wasn't sure. At least I get to try it for free now anyway.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ep 1 is free now, gonna give it a go later and I see the season pass is 12.99 on the PSN for the next week. I was very tempted to get this after finishing Gone Home as it sounded similar enough but wasn't sure. At least I get to try it for free now anyway.

Oh it's a brilliant game, you won't be disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Coincidentally I finished Episode 1 last night (after starting it months ago but drifted away).

Glad I went back to it - great storytelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Mr E wrote: »
    Coincidentally I finished Episode 1 last night (after starting it months ago but drifted away).

Glad I went back to it - great storytelling.

It only gets better from here on in.

It only gets better from here on in.

Yeah, definitely one of my favorite games of last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I absolutely loved this game, the developers paid so much attention to detail that it really pays off to take your time to explore. Episode 1 does a lot of the introducing and setting up but it really ramps up after that.

The music is brilliant! Just at the dorm so only played a small bit but enjoying it so far. Approximately how long is each episode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think 3-4 hours (maybe 15-20 hours in total).

There was 1 moment in this that made me decide on buying the season pass. Lying on the bed listening to Crosses by Jose Gonzalez. Hadn't heard that in years, such a class song.

Also the line
    "go **** your selfie"
    made me laugh probably more than it should have :)

Near the end of the 1st ep, will finish it tonight and enjoying it so far.

Finished ep 1, want to go straight into ep 2 but it's taking a stupid amount of time to download, 85 minutes for 3gbs isn't right. Looks like I'll have to wait. Really glad the 1st ep went free, i just really wish the PSN theme you get with the season pass played the theme music and not v the default ps4 music.

Also what bird are they talking about in the choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote:

I think there was a bird that hits the bathroom window and dies but you can rewind and open the window so the bird flies in instead.

Wow, completely missed that. In Chloes house? I looked all around that bathroom, balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Wow, completely missed that. In Chloes house? I looked all around that bathroom, balls.

No wait, just looked it up and it was actually Chloe's mothers room. I only played it a few weeks ago too. Must start taking my omega 3 tablets again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished ep 1, want to go straight into ep 2 but it's taking a stupid amount of time to download, 85 minutes for 3gbs isn't right. Looks like I'll have to wait. Really glad the 1st ep went free, i just really wish the PSN theme you get with the season pass played the theme music and not v the default ps4 music.

Same here, it's a lovely piece of music. The OST for the game is fantastic. The ending for each episode is made so much better by the musical choices.

Ah bollox thought i checked all the doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I don't think it matters too much unless you're going for a P. Trophy if memory serves (it's been a while since I've played it).

Even at that, I think you can jump in at points to replay the episodes.

Ah just wanted to make sure i got the whole story, see what her ma is up to :) Good sign anyway that i want to find out more about the characters lives. Comparing to a couple of other games I'm playing at the moment where I'm skipping dialogue because the story is just boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Got this back in January and I haven't played it yet :(

Will somebody give my butt a good kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Looking forward to this one! Sounds like an amazing game. Always close to buying it so sampling the first part of it will be perfect.

Legendary Digital Studios and Square Enix have joined forces to adapt Life Is Strange into a digital series.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/legendary-tackling-adaptation-life-is-914899

Legendary Digital Studios and Square Enix have joined forces to adapt Life Is Strange into a digital series.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/legendary-tackling-adaptation-life-is-914899

Will be interesting to see how that plays out as a series considering a big part of the appeal of LiS was the players interaction with the narrative and the sense of immersion that came with it. Also I wonder what impact this will have on the prospect of a second in the series (game) if that was ever going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

After dipping in and out of this for the past while I sat for seven straight hours today and finished it. I haven't done that in a very long time, so that says a lot.

Really enjoyed it. It became quite dark and went in a direction I didn't expect but I was impressed with how it all turned out.

I loved seeing the choice statistics at the end of each chapter. It was so interesting and also highlighted a few places to me that I didn't realise things could have gone differently. For example,
    I was pretty devastated to learn that I could have saved Kate. I honestly thought that she had to die to show Max that her power wasn't infallible. Her death is such a huge deal throughout the rest of the game that I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes things if she survives.

Edit: Oh, and also
    there was nothing heroic about Max's competition entry. That really bugged me more than it should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I recently finished watching Twin Peaks, I must give this a run through again and have a gawk at all the similarities/references.

Another thought I had which never got addressed, at least in my playthrough: when you're looking at your evidence board and piecing together all the clues you've gathered,
    is the Katie on Frank's ledger Kate Marsh? Was David right in saying she was buying drugs? And if she was, were Nathan and Mr. Jefferson coercing her?

Vojera wrote: »
    Another thought I had which never got addressed, at least in my playthrough: when you're looking at your evidence board and piecing together all the clues you've gathered,
    is the Katie on Frank's ledger Kate Marsh? Was David right in saying she was buying drugs? And if she was, were Nathan and Mr. Jefferson coercing her?
    The name in the ledger has "Katie" and not "Kate", considering how the game portraits her innocent persona I would consider it highly unlikely she would have been involved in any way with Frank

• Advertisement

The name in the ledger has "Katie" and not "Kate", considering how the game portraits her innocent persona I would consider it highly unlikely she would have been involved in any way with Frank
    I thought that too but she is referred to by that name once during the game, albeit by someone who isn't her friend.

Advertisement