Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I got this ages ago got to episode 1- halfway to 3 then forgot about it. Finished 3 then a month later went onto 4 and as soon as that ended I went straight onto 5.

Liked the ending, but it sort of went down as your choices didn't really matter.
    Never found out about the Prescott family, what they did and we didn't even see Séan Prescott. I'm guessing they ran out of time

In the last episode though none of your choices seemed to matter that much as soon as you got out of the bunker. I was happy that I accidentally killed Alyssa she was a b1tch, didn't save her at the party and she went nuts. Went back to save her but made me realise how annoying she was. Also saving the town was the proper choice. Anyone who pick save Chloe should be ashamed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

^
    bae over bay bro, no shame

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

^
    Same here. I saved Chloe and I regret nothing.

Well, except for Kate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

^

Proper lolled at this one! :D

(fwiw
    I went with bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This is what's wrong with the youth of today. Can't think of the bigger picture… Don't know they're born… or rewound… or something…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I felt like saving the town was the better choice because the ending was more emotional and I thought saving Chloe was wrong over all those other people. Choosing Chloe you lose Kate, Warren (who I didn't really like though), Brook, the two people who were friend with Victoria who I liked, that science teacher, Frank, Chloe's Mom, the nerdy guy, the skateboard guy and a few others

Got this in the XBL black Friday sale for E6 and thought it was great.

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

Delighted I saved Arcadia Bay in the end. Looked up the saving Chloe ending on YouTube and it was terrible.

I was shocked that there was chance you couldn't save Kate from jumping off the roof. Happy I did save her. When looking at the percentage of people that didn't save her it was something like 45% that didn't. I thought it would be a lot lower.

Was all this down to answering or not answering her phone call in the diner or was it more stuff?

Also from the very start I wasn't sure about Jefferson so wasn't too shocked with it turning out to be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Was all this down to answering or not answering her phone call in the diner or was it more stuff?
    I was pretty upset that I lost Kate - in fact, I thought she had to die until I saw the stats at the end - so I looked up to see what I had done "wrong". In my case, when Max is trying to get her to think on the people she'd be leaving behind if she jumped, I chose her mother instead of her sisters. I should have remembered that her mother treated her really badly, whereas she loved her sisters.

I don't know if any events in the lead up change it, or whether it's just that missing those events means you miss on conversations that would give you the information to answer the questions correctly.

Vojera wrote: »
    I was pretty upset that I lost Kate - in fact, I thought she had to die until I saw the stats at the end - so I looked up to see what I had done "wrong". In my case, when Max is trying to get her to think on the people she'd be leaving behind if she jumped, I chose her mother instead of her sisters. I should have remembered that her mother treated her really badly, whereas she loved her sisters.

I don't know if any events in the lead up change it, or whether it's just that missing those events means you miss on conversations that would give you the information to answer the questions correctly.

I actually picked her father because I remember when looking at stuff in her room there was a postcard from her Dad saying don't worry about the video, we still love you etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New Life is Strange game coming. They made the announcement in a vid also saying they reached 3 million sales. I'm ashamed to say I only played the 1st episode, really enjoyed it but never got around to starting ep 2. Watching 13 Reasons Why lately and it reeked of LiS. With this news, I'm gonna get going on ep 2 at last.

[url]Http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/160806279510/a-special-message-from-dontnod-entertainment[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    With this news, I'm gonna get going on ep 2 at last.

You will not be disappointed, superb game.

Awesome news. Episode 2 is where it really grabbed me.

Episode 1 has some very cringey dialogue (the whole game does really but you get far more interested in other stuff than nitpicking dialogue) but there was enough there to hold my interest and 2 is where it kicks on. The ending had me as tense as anything in gaming!

Ep2 is definitely where **** gets crazy.

I wonder will the game be set in the same universe or a new one and will they try for a new core mechanic or keep the rewind theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Definitely a game worth playing, first episode is a bit pants but it does get much better. Season can be picked up for cheap nowadays. Delighted to hear there's another one on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder will the game be set in the same universe or a new one and will they try for a new core mechanic or keep the rewind theme?

I hope they leave Arcadia Bay & Max/Chloe behind. Loved the first game & feel they got all that was needed out of the setting. Maybe have a few Easter eggs or that.
    Is Vampyr still in development at dontnod?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

ERG89 wrote: »
    I hope they leave Arcadia Bay & Max/Chloe behind. Loved the first game & feel they got all that was needed out of the setting. Maybe have a few Easter eggs or that.
    Is Vampyr still in development at dontnod?
    Was talking about it yesterday on Facebook and someone said its still in development.
    I'm in two minds, I'd love to see some of the characters again, especially Kate.
    Maybe if they had them in the background I'd be happy like one of them on TV or something.

I just watched a playthru recently, I hadn't played it in awhile, was surprised they talked to all different people to me.

Ep 2 done, another great episode, really tense ending. Crazy to see the stats at the end for Kate.
    I saved Kate along with 57%
    43% couldn't save her

That's very close! Also kinda surprised I was in the minority 49% who
    didn't shoot Frank, Max ain't no killer!

Ep 2 done, another great episode, really tense ending. Crazy to see the stats at the end for Kate.
    I saved Kate along with 57%
    43% couldn't save her

I know the first time I played the episode, I screwed up by not paying enough attention to the environment i.e
    kates room
    . Ended up having to take a wild stab at some of the choices.
    Did not end well :`(

I was only thinking during the episode maybe I should stop looking at every little object as it was pointless but being able to recall the postcard made me realise I can't afford to skip anything in future. I missed a few of the minor options, didn't get invited to the party, etc. Ep3 looks like its gonna kick up a gear.

Christ Episode 4 was all kinds of epic. You get WAAAYYY more value per episode than the telltale games length wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

You know, I love a game like this where you're just waiting to see how another person is experiencing it for the first time. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy it, especially before it was finished. Definitely got value for money

What an amazing game....
    I sacrificed Arcadia Bay. Obviously the awful choice but I felt it was fitting to end the game with, no regret with them driving off into the sunset. Farewell Max & Chloe...

Edit:
    I think I made the wrong choice :(

Edit:
    I think I made the wrong choice :(
    Nope

Nope

I was looking it up and
    found it strange they have the shift if you sacrifice Chloe but not if you save her. People saying you can get the shift if you meet some of the big choices like trying to shoot Frank or stealing the handicapped fund (I did neither) so if that's the kind of choices you need to make to get the 'love' ending and not just bff's, maybe I should have saved the town instead...

I was looking it up and
    found it strange they have the shift if you sacrifice Chloe but not if you save her. People saying you can get the shift if you meet some of the big choices like trying to shoot Frank or stealing the handicapped fund (I did neither) so if that's the kind of choices you need to make to get the 'love' ending and not just bff's, maybe I should have saved the town instead...
    Kissing her when shes dares you probably sets the romance angle off. I went the best friends route anyway and saved her. Didn't care enough about anyone in the town to save it.

(Except Kate, who I chose to believe is in a rehab centre in a different town!)

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kissing her when shes dares you probably sets the romance angle off. I went the best friends route anyway and saved her. Didn't care enough about anyone in the town to save it.

(Except Kate, who I chose to believe is in a rehab centre in a different town!)
    Yeah, everyone just kept complaining about the town especially with the Prescotts taking over but it made me think about the people I tried to save, even Pompidou, throughout the game only to throw it all away at the end for someone who kept wanting me to make bad decisions. I'm torn about this, I must say :pac:

Also, I tried to keep the romance options going when I could but I'm not gonna commit murder and steal charity money for her. I knew Frank wouldn't do anything.

I was looking it up and
    After I completed the "sacrifice bay" choice, I went back and played the other choice for ha ha's, turns out I did get the romantic ending which I wasn't expecting as I considered their relationship purely platonic. But I didn't make any immoral choices like the ones you mentioned, just sided with Chloe in arguments I guess.

OK, replayed the final bit.
    I chose sacrifice Chloe this time and got a big hug. I expected a kiss but tbh the hug just felt right in terms of how my playthrough went. Much more powerful ending and so glad I changed my mind so forget my OP about having no regrets :)

The sacrifice Chloe ending, for me, made so much more sense and it wasn't just because I felt I had to save everybody. I think death was gonna catch up with Chloe sooner rather than later and this way she got to choose her fate, in a way, and was the most mature action she had taken all game. She could have easily tried to talk Max into just getting out of there but she went out a hero. Brilliant song at the end as well.

So, no regrets definitely this time..... Except for waiting 2 years to play it.

It's rumoured to be in PS Plus next month so if anyone comes to this thread to find out more about, just ****ing play it and don't stop til it's finished.

I'm glad you found your peace,
    goes to show how well the dev's went about building such a conflicting choice. I had the same reservations, but decided to keep my original choice as being the canon one (for me), despite really wishing things could go back to the way they were at the beginning, where everyone lives happily ever after, but you cant, such is life. The whole game is about leading up to this difficult choice by building arguments for both choices along the way.

I have to say, I cant wait to see what they come up with for S2 now, the bar has been set pretty high.

• Advertisement

Possible prequel leaked, focusing on Chloe...

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a830012/life-is-strange-prequel-coming/

Very interested in the sequel, not so sure about a prequel.

Advertisement